New MP-game crash during replay

Commander - The Great War: Tech Support

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Yote
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

New MP-game crash during replay

Post by Yote »

Have the newest version of the game: 1.4.2. When I try to load and run my campaign online with the player AVA, the game crashes.

Noticed a few graphic glitches during previous replays, and AVA also told me he or she had experienced game crashes a couple of times, but in the end nothing that would stop the game from continuing when it was loaded the second time around. I've tried running it a handful of times myself after doing everything from rebooting to starting Windows in safe mode, as this occasionally fixed a crashing replay during version 1.3, but no luck this time.

The attached file includes the ctgw-file, the autosave and the DxDiag
Attachments
Commander The Great War crash.rar
(121.82 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Yote

Re: New MP-game crash during replay

Post by Yote »

By the way, I've accepted a new game by AVA. Don't want to waste a good opponent. 8)
Would it be possible to have one's non-functioning games removed from the list? Particularly my old one with AVA? Otherwise I'm going to have to double-check every time which game I'm actually loading in order to not have it crash on me all the time
johnnybravo
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by johnnybravo »

Promise I will look into it asap!
JimWC
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by JimWC »

This has happened to me 3 times now and once to an opponent of mine. I have not played the current version of the game very many times, so this is an alarming failure rate. In one case the game crashes before loading the intro screen. In the other 3 instances it crashes during replay -- always at the same point. It is extremely annoying when you have invested a lot of time into a game and it runs into such a bug. In fact I would suggest that this problem makes the game not worth playing. I am using a laptop with Windows 7.
johnnybravo
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by johnnybravo »

Hey guys, please try this exe :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/391 ... _fixes.zip

It should help with your problematic game(s).
Yote

Post by Yote »

It definitely worked! Not just the game with AVA, but all of my faulty games work now. Thank you very much!

Should I permanently replace my old .exe with this one? Or perhaps rename the old one to something like .old, and use this one from now on until there's a new patch?
johnnybravo
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by johnnybravo »

I am happy it helped! Please keep both exes for now, just in case.
JimWC
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by JimWC »

This also seems to have corrected the problem for me.
JimWC
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by JimWC »

Okay -- the patch fixes the crashes in MP replay, but it appears to break single player mode. The AI crashes immediately in single player. I can still play single player if I select the old .exe.

Also, I have found what appears to be a big bug. I don't think it's related to the patch. Building an artillery unit costs 5 manpower. If you disband an artillery you get 50 manpower back. I discovered this when I disbanded an artillery that was in danger of being overrun. It appears to be repeatable. I can't imagine that this is an intended feature.
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

JimC wrote:Okay -- the patch fixes the crashes in MP replay, but it appears to break single player mode. The AI crashes immediately in single player. I can still play single player if I select the old .exe.

Also, I have found what appears to be a big bug. I don't think it's related to the patch. Building an artillery unit costs 5 manpower. If you disband an artillery you get 50 manpower back. I discovered this when I disbanded an artillery that was in danger of being overrun. It appears to be repeatable. I can't imagine that this is an intended feature.
JimC,

Have standard 1.4.2, checked on artillery disband, got the same results as you.

Bob
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

johnnybravo wrote:Hey guys, please try this exe :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/391 ... _fixes.zip

It should help with your problematic game(s).
Johnny Bravo,

CTD with a new match with Scolly after a couple of turns. How do I use the above content ? Selections are: open, save, save to, These I do not know what to do with, or where to save to ect..? (step by step would be nice)

<edit>
Don't know how to save game to send you.
Do see in documents/games/ CTGW file something called "scripts rar" instead of where savegame used to be.

Return to “Commander - The Great War: Tech Support”