Bugs ? in 0.1.4

Forum for discussion of the next iteration of the BA engine. This time with a all new open development approach!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

berndN
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Bugs ? in 0.1.4

Post by berndN »

Thanks for the recent version to play with :)

Just had some quick time and here's what I think is strange.

The small hills in the first new mission don't protect? Parking a tank behind a hill should protect him against enemy tanks? Or is it simply not implemented yet?

Same for the trenches but in case of the trenches from the optic they seem to be higher which might be the reason why I have the feeling that they should break line of sight ;)

Saving a game there's a small white outline rectangle visible. Windows 8.1 with Nvidia 335.32 driver.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bugs ? in 0.1.4

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Can you post a screenshot of the savegame visual issue?

Trenches don't block LOS behind them, but they prevent you seeing in to them unless you are inside the trench IIRC.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
AndrewGardner
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AndrewGardner »

Hills should be blocking line of sight / fire, although only when the full height of the hill is between the units (the sloped part of the hill may not block line of sight). A narrow hill will only conceal the unit from a very narrow angle.

Trenches are not meant to block line of sight. I believe they are shorter than any objects that do block line of sight, but perhaps they can be adjusted a bit to make this more clear.

The white outline around the name of the saved game that doesn't line up with the background is a known issue.
MartyWard
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by MartyWard »

AndrewGardner wrote:Hills should be blocking line of sight / fire, although only when the full height of the hill is between the units (the sloped part of the hill may not block line of sight). A narrow hill will only conceal the unit from a very narrow angle.

Trenches are not meant to block line of sight. I believe they are shorter than any objects that do block line of sight, but perhaps they can be adjusted a bit to make this more clear.

The white outline around the name of the saved game that doesn't line up with the background is a known issue.
When I first saw the trenches I thought they were raised. It took a while before I 'saw' the correctly.
pomakli
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Main gun is disabled,but..

Post by pomakli »

During a skirmish game I got the message that the main gun of a T-34 was disabled, but it could fire it till the end...
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Main gun is disabled,but..

Post by pipfromslitherine »

pomakli wrote:During a skirmish game I got the message that the main gun of a T-34 was disabled, but it could fire it till the end...
Fire AT rounds, or just HE?
follow me on Twitter here
vicco
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by vicco »

In playing the 2nd mission in the Bagration Campaign, I noticed that some of my units would sometimes get a promotion even without having eliminated an enemy unit. Must have happened 2-3 times.

Later in the game (about turn 10), the German AA truck was destroyed. About 2-3 turns later, the truck wreckage converted to a Russian SMG unit but it had the passenger symbol like that of the trucks & armored personnel carriers. When I clicked on it & clicked to an adjacent hex, you got the mount/dismount icon. Clicking on that, a Russian SMG unit was deployed while the original SMG unit was still there. I ended up with two SMG units!
AndrewGardner
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AndrewGardner »

vicco wrote:In playing the 2nd mission in the Bagration Campaign, I noticed that some of my units would sometimes get a promotion even without having eliminated an enemy unit. Must have happened 2-3 times.

Later in the game (about turn 10), the German AA truck was destroyed. About 2-3 turns later, the truck wreckage converted to a Russian SMG unit but it had the passenger symbol like that of the trucks & armored personnel carriers. When I clicked on it & clicked to an adjacent hex, you got the mount/dismount icon. Clicking on that, a Russian SMG unit was deployed while the original SMG unit was still there. I ended up with two SMG units!
Units receive experience whenever they make an effective attack so they can be promoted without destroying an enemy unit.

It looks like there is an error with the placement of the SMG reinforcements in that scenario. Thanks for the report.
vicco

Post by vicco »

AndrewGardner wrote: Units receive experience whenever they make an effective attack so they can be promoted without destroying an enemy unit.

It looks like there is an error with the placement of the SMG reinforcements in that scenario. Thanks for the report.
Ok, now I understand why the 3 personnel carriers in the reinforcements were empty.
Adraeth
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Adraeth »

the 37mm SteilGrenade from Bagration army list is without graphic, i see only a blue shaped artillery

Return to “Battle Academy 2 – Eastern Front”