GS v3.01 slight modifications for testing

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

Cataphract88
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: GS v3.01 slight modifications for testing

Post by Cataphract88 »

I think that in order for Italy to surrender you should have to capture at least something on mainland Italy itself (not Albania).
Richard
Cybvep
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Cybvep »

I'm not sure about this. It sounds like sth that could potentially encourage the players to camp in mainland Italy and we want them to fight in the NA, to protect Sicily properly, not to ignore Sardinia etc.
Happycat
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Happycat »

I am okay with the current setup for Italian surrender. It's realistic enough, and more importantly and as Cybvep has already commented upon, we don't want to encourage Axis players to ignore Sicily, Sardinia or North Africa.
Chance favours the prepared mind.
Crazygunner1
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Crazygunner1 »

I like the itlaian surrender as is. Agree with earlier post that it forces players to go on the offensive in the middle east or defend Sicilly, Sardinia and the Na
OxfordGuy3
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

Is 3.01 close to release? What are the main changes currently? Is there a changelog? Thanks
Numdydar
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Numdydar »

Stauffenberg wrote:Question regarding the Italian surrender cities.

I'm playtesting and as the Allies captured Tripoli, Tunis, Cagliari, Palermo and Messina, but have not captured anything on mainland Italy. Under the current rules it means that Italy will surrender.

Is that maybe too harsh or should we e. g. make a slight modification so the Allies must capture at least 1 extra rail depot or city, e. g. Reggio.

The surrender limit is now 5, but we can e. g. alter the value to 11 and let a rail depot count as 1 and a city as 2 instead of 0.5 and 1 as now.

Do you think this is a good change or should we keep the surrender rules as is?

With the change you have to capture something on mainland Italy or Albania to enforce a surrender.
Historically Italy did not surrender until Rome fell. So I would say unless Rome is captured, Italy can continue to fight on.
richardsd
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by richardsd »

Italy surrendered before the Allies landed on the mainland as I recall - after Sicily but before mainland
Diplomaticus
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Diplomaticus »

Numdydar wrote:

With the change you have to capture something on mainland Italy or Albania to enforce a surrender.
Historically Italy did not surrender until Rome fell. So I would say unless Rome is captured, Italy can continue to fight on.
That's actually not true at all. The Italians kicked out Mussolini and capitulated shortly after the Allied conquest of Sicily was complete, and the first Allied landings in the 'boot' were taking place. As has been discussed in detail elsewhere on this forum, in actual fact the Italians were moving rapidly toward surrender even without an invasion of the Italian mainland.
Crazygunner1
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Crazygunner1 »

Hi

I didn´t have time to read all the posts. But have the Russian oil stock been changed?

Crazyg
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Crazygunner1 wrote:Hi

I didn´t have time to read all the posts. But have the Russian oil stock been changed?

Crazyg

it seems from 200 to 600 at the beginning of 1942 Barbarosa . So you have to reconsider your new strategy when 3.01 launched . :) But it is great in our present game ! :D
Crazygunner1
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Crazygunner1 »

Morris wrote:
Crazygunner1 wrote:Hi

Crazyg

it seems from 200 to 600 at the beginning of 1942 Barbarosa . So you have to reconsider your new strategy when 3.01 launched . :) But it is great in our present game ! :D
It´s actually not my strategy, Max tried it against me but couldn´t make it work. I reformed it and tried against you. But you have on the other hand you put up a good struggle. Thought that i would have taken the Ukraine and Caucasus by now. But no rush
Numdydar
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Numdydar »

Diplomaticus wrote:
Numdydar wrote:

That's actually not true at all. The Italians kicked out Mussolini and capitulated shortly after the Allied conquest of Sicily was complete, and the first Allied landings in the 'boot' were taking place. As has been discussed in detail elsewhere on this forum, in actual fact the Italians were moving rapidly toward surrender even without an invasion of the Italian mainland.
We are both wrong lol. But I was more wrong than you :D . Italy surrendered once Allied troops we ashore on the mainland of Italy. They did not surrender just because of Sicily. So Some part of the Italian mainland needs to occupied prior to the Italian surrender. It can pretty much be anything.
GogTheMild
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by GogTheMild »

I think that you were both right :lol: :

25 July. Control of the Italian armed forces passed to King Victor Emmanuel III.
26 July. Mussolini dismissed as prime minister and imprisoned. A new government takes over in Italy and begins secret negotiations with the Allies.
3 September. A secret armistice signed with the Allies. British troops crossed to the 'toe' of Italy.
8 September. The armistice was publicly announced.
9 September. Major Allied landings took place at Salerno and Taranto.
We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.
sanderz
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by sanderz »

looking forward to this update - any news on a release date?

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”