What on Earth is going on with this game's 'update'?

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

ichirou989
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

What on Earth is going on with this game's 'update'?

Post by ichirou989 »

Come on guys, what's the story here? What's the plan, if any? It's been almost 2½ years since you said this would be done in a 'few months'. Tempus Fugit! Wolves from the Sea awaits!
bailey4500

Re: What on Earth is going on with this game's 'update'?

Post by bailey4500 »

Found an recent article that says its slated for "summer". The Field of Glory mention is near the bottom of the page.
http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ios-n ... ad-moscow/
ZeaBed
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by ZeaBed »

The Wolves have drowned in the Sea. First became waterlogged. Then drowned. They were too late to rescue.
oldbear1962
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by oldbear1962 »

I've given up the ghost on this, TBH. With the announcement of RBS's Pike & Shot game it's more likely the ancients version of that will be out before we ever see the FoG update.
bailey4500

Post by bailey4500 »

I have noticed a trend where the devs choose to pump out new games at a fast rate rather than support existing ones. Probably a financial decision.
Micha63
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Micha63 »

I would"nt give up so early. Pike and shout will be a good think for the moment.But what i have seen on the screenshoots is not nearly as beautiful
as the units in fog. And the landscape is also not really a beauty queen.
So i hope a fog 30 years war will come. But the clear advance pike and shoot has are the citys in the game.
A updated fog should have citys.
oldbear1962
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by oldbear1962 »

Micha wrote:I would"nt give up so early. Pike and shout will be a good think for the moment.But what i have seen on the screenshoots is not nearly as beautiful
as the units in fog. And the landscape is also not really a beauty queen.
So i hope a fog 30 years war will come. But the clear advance pike and shoot has are the citys in the game.
A updated fog should have citys.

I wouldn't call this length of time giving up early!!!
Micha63

Post by Micha63 »

I must confess all this is not really a problem for me because i"m working on owne 30 years war mod for Peoples General.
ichirou989

Post by ichirou989 »

Okay, so it's been two weeks, and other than several posts from others like me who are either wondering what's going or have given up on the game, I still see no official response on what's going on. Not cool, man, not cool. :|

At least that little link that was kindly posted by bailey4500 does answer things in as much as where their main effort on the game seems to be; Android/iOS. This of course was the real motivation behind redoing the games programming in Unity so I understand that. What I would like to know is if that also means that PC will be ready this Summer as well?

@Micha - I understand what you're trying to say regarding Pike and Shot, but the thing is that I have invested quite a bit into the PC version of FoG with the base game and all the army additions, so it would be nice to see if all of that has any future and if so, when.

So Slitherine, it really has been a while now and other than this bit about mobile apps, I got nothing on the status of the PC game. Is the AI done? Is the AI in testing? Has the AI even been started? How far along is the project overall? Are we a few months from release? 6 months? A year...two? Has the PC end of things been scrapped in favor of moving the whole shebang over to mobile? Why do I have to guess at the answers to any of these previous questions?

I'm not trying to be hostile here, after all I've been patiently waiting on this for over two years now, but throw us a bone here guys, please. I and clearly others here would just like to know at least something on what's really going on with the game.
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

ichirou989 wrote:Okay, so it's been two weeks, and other than several posts from others like me who are either wondering what's going or have given up on the game, I still see no official response on what's going on. Not cool, man, not cool. :|

At least that little link that was kindly posted by bailey4500 does answer things in as much as where their main effort on the game seems to be; Android/iOS. This of course was the real motivation behind redoing the games programming in Unity so I understand that. What I would like to know is if that also means that PC will be ready this Summer as well?

@Micha - I understand what you're trying to say regarding Pike and Shot, but the thing is that I have invested quite a bit into the PC version of FoG with the base game and all the army additions, so it would be nice to see if all of that has any future and if so, when.

So Slitherine, it really has been a while now and other than this bit about mobile apps, I got nothing on the status of the PC game. Is the AI done? Is the AI in testing? Has the AI even been started? How far along is the project overall? Are we a few months from release? 6 months? A year...two? Has the PC end of things been scrapped in favor of moving the whole shebang over to mobile? Why do I have to guess at the answers to any of these previous questions?

I'm not trying to be hostile here, after all I've been patiently waiting on this for over two years now, but throw us a bone here guys, please. I and clearly others here would just like to know at least something on what's really going on with the game.
Since the Beta is "open", anyone SHOULD have access to that forum
viewtopic.php?f=97&t=49162
JocaRamiro
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by JocaRamiro »

Let me pile on with a repetition of a previous comment.

Yes, all software projects take longer than originally expected.

In this case, it would be both helpful and courteous to provide some, even minimal, information on the status of the new version. This is particularly the case, since it would take only a few minutes to provide a brief report.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

The latest I know is that the developers have just about finished doing the new AI for single player and that this is the last major element of the new version that needs doing. There may be other balancing and polishing issues still to do, but progress is continuing steadily and there should be a new version at some point this year.
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso »

Hello guys,

Actually, I've just finished off with most of the data file formats cleaning up related with preparing the build for the gold release candidate. I just have to fix some problems, then a new beta build will become available.

After that, some finishing touches on AI, release a new beta build, fixing whatever bugs might have been signaled from this last beta build, and we're good to go for release :)

Cheers,
dan
Micha63

Post by Micha63 »

Great ,great news.
ichirou989

Post by ichirou989 »

cothyso wrote:Hello guys,

Actually, I've just finished off with most of the data file formats cleaning up related with preparing the build for the gold release candidate. I just have to fix some problems, then a new beta build will become available.

After that, some finishing touches on AI, release a new beta build, fixing whatever bugs might have been signaled from this last beta build, and we're good to go for release :)

Cheers,
dan
There we go, that's what I was hoping to hear! :)

Thank you for the answer cothyso, it is much appreciated.

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”