The Worlds 2014 - FoG-AM-results

A forum to post news about tournaments around the world. Please post any such messages here!

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Ghaznavid, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

Martin0112
Slitherine
Slitherine

The Worlds 2014 - FoG-AM-results

Post by Martin0112 »

Position Player Army Score
1 Fairhurst, David Mayan 120,7
2 Monedero, Ivan Komnenan Byzantine 107,6
3 Dalby, Pete Yuan Chinese 100,0
4 Akaltin, Ferdi Later Ptolemaic 95,6
5 Peters, Thomas Early Republican Roman 92,9
6 Linguerri, Nicola Early Achaemenid Persian 92,0
7 Ladanyi, Stephen Principate Roman 86,2
8 Wirt, Martin Later Ottoman Turkish 84,7
9 Theissen, Kevin Later Ptolemaic 83,8
10 Woolford, Richard Later Mycanaean or Trojan 83,4
11 Jamieson, Gordon Later Medieval Swedish 83,0
12 Theissen, Eric Warring States to Western Han Chinese 82,9
13 Crotteau, Marc Later Serbian 80,9
14 Dittmar, Sven Feudal Catalan and Early Crown of Aragon 79,0
15 Fremont, Guillaume Later Hungarian 78,7
16 Blankenhorn, Tim Late Republican Roman 78,1
17 Wielgosz, Gilles Later Ottoman Turkish 77,8
18 Kvisle, Brett Fanatic Berber 76,8
19 Fairhurst, Lynda Swiss 75,0
20 Liedtke, Stefan Later Carthaginian 74,4
21 Evans, Murray Arab Conquest 72,3
22 Marlia, Guglielmo Late Republican Roman 67,6
23 Ierman, Walter 100 Years War English (Continental) 67,0
24 Rottensteiner, Harry Latin Greece 66,0
25 Menghi, Leonardo Medieval German City Leagues 63,3
26 Verweij, Eltjo Early Anglo-Irish 62,4
27 Rheinbay, Andreas Medieval German City Leagues 60,8
28 Todorovic, Olivier Later Carthaginian 60,6
29 Piron, Xavier Late Republican Roman 59,6
30 Schütte, Klaus 100 Years War English (Continental) 59,1
31 Akers, Jon Later Anglo-Irish 58,8
32 Rau, Sebastian Classical Greek 58,8
33 Senabre, Salvador Later Sicilian 58,4
34 Navarro, Juan F. Feudal Navarrese and Aragonese 57,9
35 Ernst, Christopher Later Seleucid 56,0
36 Bruhn, Michael Western Hunnic 55,7
37 Pausch, Alexander Late Republican Roman 54,5
38 Lajus, Eric Medieval German City Leagues 51,1
39 Adeline, Serge Norse-Irish 47,9
40 Henschel, Kai Moldavian or Wallachian 45,4
41 Wiersma, Friso Sassanid Persian 45,1
42 Saunders, Dave Ordonnance French 44,2
43 Puttkammer, Holger Lydian 41,8
44 Göppel, Ulrich Dominate Roman 41,6
45 Eggert, Sacha Late Republican Roman 40,1
46 Prochaska, Jürgen War of the Roses English 25,5
LEmpereur
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Thank you all!

Post by LEmpereur »

1/ Thanks to all german friends who welcome Us and us so well! And particularly to martin who help Us to get our train tickets to go back home! 8) May be because he preferred it to fit us… :wink:

2.1/ Thanks to David than win with mayans… some thing We did not know to do last year… and surrely never! :(
2.2/ second thanks to David, because… was it reasonable to let the Germans win two World Cups in the same year? :wink:

3.1/ Thanks to Gilles to be the first french Saturday evening… you let us dream of a French victory all night long… before disappearing in a cloud of feathers! :shock:
3.2/ Second Thanks to Gilles… We were the first French Friday morning… We stay Sunday afternoon! 8) :wink:

4/ Thanks, to Xavier to be the first French to hurt so hard Ferdi… a record hard to beat! And to Ferdi to give him the sticker with his name as trophy! Really fairplay! :D :P

5/ Thanks to Lynda to show Us what to shoot during the town visite! 8) :wink:

6/ Thank you to the players that We played. All games were played passionately while remaining friendly! And it was a pleasure to played so many country!
Ranking by classement… :oops:
6.1/ To Pete, because We and we want to since last years for a native fight! and the year before when he finish behind Us at the fourth place! :wink: A first question, pete… in “Yuan Chinese”, Yuan mean mongols :?: And, a second question, where are the chineses :?: Thanks again, but the next time will be Our! :mrgreen:
6.2/ To Gordon for the quiet during the game! :wink: It was peace full! But question Gordon, why you kill Us at the end :?: :shock:
6.3/ To Marc, because his name sound French and is this the first American we played… and defeated! :wink:
6.4/ To Stefan, because he played carthaginian without elephant! And played a really beautiful army… than he don’t paint himself! :wink:
6.5/ To Murray, because his arab conquest army his really beautiful… but he paint it himself! And to be the first Australian we played! :wink:
6.6/ To Leonardo, because he defend hardly for a young player, one year playing… 8) Attention, all of you, it will be redoubtable in the years to come! And a special thanks for the “1” on the death role of your 3 heavily armoured knights defending your camp, when Our only 3 armoured knight loose a base and became fragmented! :wink:

7/ thank you to all those who have been forgotten :mrgreen:
Last edited by LEmpereur on Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
L'Empereur Bête et Méchant vous invite à visitez :
Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/
Le projet 2020 : http://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/
Cons se le disent!!!
titanu
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Re: The Worlds 2014 - FoG-AM-results

Post by titanu »

Congratulations to David amazing results with that army:D

Can you share the composition?
davidandlynda
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by davidandlynda »

Of course,you can work out how to use it yourself, I can only say it works best against later armies.
Post Classical period
IC + 3TC one has to be an ally
3 x 6 MF impact, sword,javelin ,protected superior,undrilled .one is an ally
3 x 6 as above but drilled
3 x 8 MF LS, B protected,average,undrilled .one is an ally
1 x 6 MF LS,B. protected average undrilled
2 x 6 LF. S average
1 x 6 LF B average
1 x 6. LF JLS average
Enjoy
David
LEmpereur

Post by LEmpereur »

davidandlynda wrote:Of course,you can work out how to use it yourself, I can only say it works best against later armies.
Post Classical period
IC + 3TC one has to be an ally
3 x 6 MF impact, sword,javelin ,protected superior,undrilled .one is an ally
3 x 6 as above but drilled
3 x 8 MF LS, B protected,average,undrilled .one is an ally
1 x 6 MF LS,B. protected average undrilled
2 x 6 LF. S average
1 x 6 LF B average
1 x 6. LF JLS average
Enjoy
David
Thanks for the list... 8) We will work this way!
We can do it! May be... :oops:
Cons se le disent!!!
hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by hazelbark »

Uh=oh
David that is two BIG 1st places in a month. You better not be planning a triple crown in Rome !!!
Martin0112
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Martin0112 »

Not, if we can stop him. And the german teams are eager to stop whoever comes in our way!
davidandlynda

Post by davidandlynda »

I was ,but someone is using a list that wasn't,t on our original available armies :? V
David
spike
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by spike »

Martin0112 wrote:Not, if we can stop him. And the german teams are eager to stop whoever comes in our way!
David,

Don't take a penalty shoot-out if they offer you one!

S
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin

A fool and his money are soon elected.
Will Rogers

Pitty the fool!!!
Mr T
petedalby
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by petedalby »

What a great weekend!

Excellent venue, light, airy and well organised. Congratulations to Martin and all his helpers for organising an en excellent and well attended event.

I was fortunate to play 6 guys from 6 different countries, all of whom played the game in a great spirit - exactly what you would hope for. Thanks very much to Eric from Belgium, Juan from Spain, Nicola from Italy, Guillaume from France, Stephen from New Zealand and Thomas from Germany - a veritable United Nations!

Commiserations to Nicola who would have beaten me in 1 more turn, and to Stephen for such a poor match up in our penultimate game which didn't help either of us.

Huge congratulations to David Fairhurst for back to back wins in 2 six game competitions - an excellent achievement. I hope your form continues into Rome.

Hopefully we can do it all again next year Martin?
Pete
grahambriggs

Post by grahambriggs »

hazelbark wrote:Uh=oh
David that is two BIG 1st places in a month. You better not be planning a triple crown in Rome !!!
Don't worry, he's in against the GB1 mascot. What could possibly go wrong?
halbaraddebrest
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by halbaraddebrest »

Dears

Thank you for that great WE, Martin and his team, Ruth who drive us to the railway station, my kind opponnents and their gift, the seller with some products I never seen elsewere...

Beautiful hall with lot of light, good idea to project results on wall but next time could be larger ?

Best regards

Xavier
LEmpereur

Post by LEmpereur »

halbaraddebrest wrote:Dears

Thank you for that great WE, Martin and his team, Ruth who drive us to the railway station, my kind opponnents and their gift, the seller with some products I never seen elsewere...

Beautiful hall with lot of light, good idea to project results on wall but next time could be larger ?

Best regards

Xavier
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: We forget Ruth!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

She wants to excuse us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Cons se le disent!!!
muz177
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by muz177 »

Have arrived home in Australia after a most enjoyable 2 competitions - played 12 people who I have not previously faced which was great.

Game 1 - Drew Ferdi, no pressure at all for game 1! And Ferdi had some pikes, some more pikes and then finished off with a few more bg's of pikes. Bit tricky for the spears but we weren't going home just yet. Things went well, and I probably got a little excited as the prospect of beating the #1 ranked player seemed possible. Just fell at the last hurdle, but gave me loads of confidence. Thanks Ferdi for a great game.

Game 2 was Holgar with Romans - still don't really know how the Arab Conquest go against the Romans as the dice meant I couldn't lose a thing - big dice splash for the good guys, but you know these things always even out somewhere! Unfortunately for Holgar it was in later games.

Game 3 was Friso from the Netherlands with Sassanids - apparently Friso had brought shoots Cav who couldn't shoot and self destructing elephants. Had lots of success against elephants all weekend in fact. So a big win to the Arabs who continued to impress.

Game 4 was against Nicola from Italy, via Australia where he spends some time, with his Early Achamenid Persian machine gunners. We were both doing well in the comp by this stage and a good result would have one of us right up the pointy end. I wasn't too worried, provided I could get through the Cav and infantry fire the superior spears should be able to take guys with little pointy sticks, surely. After all, they had put paid to guys with really big pointy sticks, and Romans, so nothing to fear here. Got through the fire fine, with only a couple of lost bases, and no disorders if I remember right, but it all fell apart in combat. The dice turned, and the Arab spears went home pretty well down the line. Getting 3 dice per file on evens, same as elephants at impact, is hard to beat. I'll get you next time Nicola!

Game 5 was against the fabulous Guillame from France with Later Hungarian - kept me entertained all game with one liners and witty observations. We both lost 3 units for a draw, although I was starting to chew through his defensive spearmen by games end. Hope to play you again Guillame.

Game 6 in every comp is one I lose, I think because I play to aggressively and generally not well. Played young Kevin from Brussells with Later Ptolemaic ( so started and finished the comp against these) - looked all of 12 years old, and treated his elders (me) with respect, putting me back in the box in no time. Wonderful young lad who was a pleasure to play. I was a bit disappointed my spears couldn't do the poor pikes and not happy they lost so badly against the Thorakatai in the open. Good win to Kevin who finished the comp well up the list, and above his dad!

So learnt a lot
- don't take the lights as superior, it just makes you think they are invincible and you then put them in unrealistic positions, and lose them
- support the Dailami better, don't expect them to take all comers
- come up with a way of beating the light spear, bow types who will continue to gain popularity. I thought the spears could do it but not on this showing.

Thanks again to Martin and his team for an excellent event. I wished it hadn't been raining when we decided to go to the bar instead of the walking tour, as I would have been a bit fresher for the last day and like the historical aspects as places like that - but the Beer, schnapps and schnitzel was good too.

Made travelling so far well worth it. Hope to see you in competitions in the future.
Muz
LEmpereur

Post by LEmpereur »

muz177 wrote:Game 5 was against the fabulous Guillaume from France with Later Hungarian - kept me entertained all game with one liners and witty observations. We both lost 3 units for a draw, although I was starting to chew through his defensive spearmen by games end. Hope to play you again Guillaume.
Thank you, :D

May be with more lucky knights... Our heavy spearmen had never see yours :wink:

We will be very pleased to play with you again... :P
We can not promise you it will be in Australia ... because We have not practiced enough boxing and We fear kangaroos! :wink:
Cons se le disent!!!
babyshark
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by babyshark »

I have been meaning to post about how much fun I had in Koblenz, but I haven't had a chance until now due to a week of wandering around Germany eating schnitzel and drinking Reisling. As an aside, Aachen has a really good set of exhibits dealing with Charlemagne, including a reconstruction of what one of the lancers would have looked like. (It turns out this Charlemagne guy was kind of a big deal . . . .)

The Worlds was a wonderful tournament, well run by the organizers and all the played in good spirit by the competitors. Thanks to Martin and his tam for putting it together. I got to play six games against new players, which is one of the best reasons to go to these events. The first three games were all against Frenchmen; my record was loss, draw (one more bound and I would have had your camp, Gilles!), win. On that trend I am ready to play the French in Rome.

If only I could have had one more turn in Round 2, and been able to sack the camp, I would have jumped up into the top 10. <sigh> If only, if only. All in all, a great event and huge fun. Will you run it again, Martin?

Marc
LEmpereur

Post by LEmpereur »

babyshark wrote:...The first three games were all against Frenchmen; my record was loss, draw (one more bound and I would have had your camp, Gilles!), win...
Good game too... We are "the loss"! :mrgreen:
babyshark wrote:...I am ready to play the French in Rome...
Say "Hello" to Guy for Us... :P
Cons se le disent!!!
babyshark
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by babyshark »

LEmpereur wrote:
babyshark wrote:...The first three games were all against Frenchmen; my record was loss, draw (one more bound and I would have had your camp, Gilles!), win...
I thought everything was going so well for me, too. And then suddenly it was all falling apart. :oops:

Marc
LEmpereur

Post by LEmpereur »

babyshark wrote:
LEmpereur wrote:
I thought everything was going so well for me, too. And then suddenly it was all falling apart. :oops:

Marc
At the instant the last general is set on the table... At this instant only! the battle is win!

The next instant... the opponent implements its plan! :wink:
Cons se le disent!!!

Return to “Tournaments”