Scenario Design

Download scenarios and talk about scenario design.
Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Surtur
Site Admin
Site Admin

Scenario Design

Post by Surtur »

The Scenario Design forum is a forum dedicated to mission design and ideas. It's easy to begin building missions using the in-game editor, and we hope everyone will give it a try.

If you have any questions, this is the place to put them to the team. Or share ideas and tips on how to create great custom missions, and enjoy the admiration of your peers!

We're excited to see what people can create. So what are you waiting for?
KageToraUK
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Scenario Design

Post by KageToraUK »

How do I rotate objects? Also, how do I remove objects that were placed by accident?

Kage
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

The R key rotates tiles and objects. You can also rotate and scale objects with the PgUp/Dn and Home/End keys. The delete key can be used to delete objects that the cursor is over.

There should be a manual link for the editor, it may have gotten missed. The BA editor manual is a decent place to start though, for the basics: http://www.slithdata.net/files/bbc_ba/m ... _Guide.pdf

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
johntindall
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by johntindall »

Hypothetical Americans vs Russians...
KageToraUK

Post by KageToraUK »

Just made a really large scenario, but all my units are 'fixed'. Does this mean they can't move? How do I switch that off?
jcb989
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by jcb989 »

that means they are not optional on the force selection screen - they will all be included in the scenario.

I think you toggle it with 'F' key while in unit placement mode and hovering the cursor over the unit.
KageToraUK

Post by KageToraUK »

jcb989 wrote:that means they are not optional on the force selection screen - they will all be included in the scenario.

I think you toggle it with 'F' key while in unit placement mode and hovering the cursor over the unit.
That worked, thanks. Now why do I have half my German infantry labelled as Soviet Flame Assault?

Also, how do I place objectives?
KageToraUK

Post by KageToraUK »

Bit quiet in here. I don't want to spend two weeks on a scenario......
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

They may be missing your post? maybe create a separate topic below.
jcb989

Post by jcb989 »

KageToraUK wrote:Bit quiet in here. I don't want to spend two weeks on a scenario......
no offense, but you're in trouble then. I've poured a lot of time into mine, and I've only got 3 out there in BA1 (1 finished, 2 still in Beta) :D
superss
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by superss »

Hello i'd like to Know how to play as the german in my home made scenarios thanks
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Your sides file needs to correctly set up. Check out the sides file in the sides file in one of the Axis campaigns (e.g. Barbarossa).

Cheers

Pip
superss

Post by superss »

:oops: sorry ,were are the side files thanks
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Inside the campaign folders - as I say, try Barbarossa.

Cheers

Pip
DukeDavid
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

ReBA 1 & BA 2 Scenario Design

Post by DukeDavid »

I think BA 1 would be improved if it sent e mails stating that your opponent has moved in the same way that BA2 does.
Both BA 1 and BA 2 would be improved if a way could be found to let players know what units are loaded on their trucks and APC's.
Finally I am playing the Germans in a current scenario in which I have a Hummel, which only seems to function as a direct fire unit like an AT gun. The Hummel had a 150mm gun and was an artillery piece not an AT weapon, and should have the ability to fire indirectly.
Both good games though !
Cromwell
studabakahawk

Post by studabakahawk »

I just put together a scenario, based on Leon Deregel's recounting of the Wallown 's escape from the Cherkassy Kessel, in Feb of 44. I used an existing map and threw a bunch of trucks and some SS infantry with a smattering of 75 cm AT guns and a few Mk IV's there were several bridges and the Soviets had lots of stuff but were on the other side of a forest with a few breaks to get at the convoy as it made its way across the board.
I spaced the SS at those points ,so the soviets had to travel astride the convoy and attempt to break through.
well when I saved and sttempted tp play the Game I got message Soviets Won without a shot being fired. We all know that's the best way to fight any battle, But I was trying to make a decent scenario ,also it stated all my units were fixed prior to my save, I never got chance to place them. I guess I cant just wing it, I have to get dirty figuring this stuff out.
Well I played my way through SL, ASL PanzerBlitz\Leader and Arab Israili wars on table tops, so ill just have to read this manual too, and I thought the Future was going to be easy!
studabakahawk

Post by studabakahawk »

iit was lipki by the way ill have to dismantle it and try again. is there an quick walk through of how to place the units and when game starts go straight to deploy mode. By the way can I play through a game I out together check it for balance.
Schweinewitz
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Schweinewitz »

Perhaps there's something wrong with the VP settings. Using the VP plugin you can determine if the player must hold or take a specific number of VPs.
studabakahawk

Post by studabakahawk »

thanks I'm totally novice to this but I have got the fever. ill give that a try, in conditions I stated get a number of trucks off the far board thought that was it but I didnt consider VP at all another aspect I need to bone up on. ,by the way is there a way to play through a DIY scenario for balance purposes.
studabakahawk

Post by studabakahawk »

OK I realise to get it right I need to wipe away this mess ive created and begin anew. How do I expunge to scenario without losing the map, I think for my intended scenario Lipki is perfect. But now I'm trying to redirect the units ( they are saying fixed above them ) and I cant do diddly with them. can I erase the pieces and save the map to start over?

Return to “Battle Academy 2: Scenario Design”