Fungus Question

4X strategy game from Proxy Studios

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

JurisDocta
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Fungus Question

Post by JurisDocta »

I'm a new player. When I research the techs/build the projects that make fungus give food and minerals, where is that classified in the city view? Does that only apply to fungus you grow yourself :?:
Zak0r
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Fungus Question

Post by Zak0r »

All fungus tiles simply gain 2/2 for you. So if you have both techs they will yield 4 food and 4 minerals (5 for Terra Salvum). If you want to see the yield you can press the small button next to the minimap.
JurisDocta

Post by JurisDocta »

Zak0r wrote:All fungus tiles simply gain 2/2 for you. So if you have both techs they will yield 4 food and 4 minerals (5 for Terra Salvum). If you want to see the yield you can press the small button next to the minimap.
But I haven't seen it in city view though when it shows yields for minerals and food it makes no mention of food or minerals from fungus (being derived from a project, shouldn't it say +2 from projects?), only that the fungus is +1 pollution.
Zak0r
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Zak0r »

Did you put famers or miners to work in that city that will actually use the fungus?
Apheirox
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Apheirox »

If you are referring to fungus on sea tiles there is currently what I hope is a bug/oversight; these do not have their yield improved with any of the fungus research; only land-based fungus does. Otherwise, I think you are misunderstanding how fungus works: Upon completing the project, fungus tiles simply start having a +2 mineral and +2 food yield. That is all; you still need to work the fungus tile for the output, it won't just give you any benefit 'from projects'.
JurisDocta

Post by JurisDocta »

Apheirox wrote:If you are referring to fungus on sea tiles there is currently what I hope is a bug/oversight; these do not have their yield improved with any of the fungus research; only land-based fungus does. Otherwise, I think you are misunderstanding how fungus works: Upon completing the project, fungus tiles simply start having a +2 mineral and +2 food yield. That is all; you still need to work the fungus tile for the output, it won't just give you any benefit 'from projects'.
I destroyed my land fungus early game so it probably is a bug. This should be moved to the tech support forum perhaps?
Xilmi
Pandora Community Developer
Pandora Community Developer

Post by Xilmi »

I've noticed another mod-fixable-bug like this:

Water Suburbs and Water Purifiers still only cost 2 Credits/turn instead of the rebalanced cost of 3 as the patch-notes of 1.5.3 intend.

I could fix both these bugs in my mod but this would make it incompatible for multiplayer.
SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok »

Xilmi wrote:I've noticed another mod-fixable-bug like this:

Water Suburbs and Water Purifiers still only cost 2 Credits/turn instead of the rebalanced cost of 3 as the patch-notes of 1.5.3 intend.

I could fix both these bugs in my mod but this would make it incompatible for multiplayer.
Thanks, that'll be fixed in the next version.
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

When a land fungus is discovered (and too when we click this message in the log), it opens an empty compendium page (it does not go to the Fungus tab).
Water fungus discovering is okay (maybe it has stolen the land tab).
That's same bug in French and in English.

As there are texts for both (in Features.xml), I think there is missing a 2nd Fungus tab in compendium.
But they have the same texts (of Features.xml)...
SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok »

Thank you. Will look into it for the next update.
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

ERISS wrote:When a land fungus is discovered (and too when we click this message in the log), it opens an empty compendium page (it does not go to the Fungus tab).
Water fungus discovering is okay (maybe it has stolen the land tab).
That's same bug in French and in English.
This small bug is still in 1.6.7, at least in french version.
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

GOG' 1.6.7 didn't correct the fungus bug, as it's the same patch.
The bug happens when we discover the 2nd king of fungus: sea if we already seen the land fungus, land fungus if we already see the sea one.

Return to “Pandora - First Contact”