The Bug Thread

Warhammer Open Beta

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: The Bug Thread

Post by zakblood »

you always break something caca, go find me a ground breaking bug, as i can't as yet :oops: :cry:

and failed in my task, and will take the punishment you deem fit for failure :wink:
caca
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by caca »

zakblood_slith wrote:you always break something caca, go find me a ground breaking bug, as i can't as yet :oops: :cry:

and failed in my task, and will take the punishment you deem fit for failure :wink:
Zak, you're not fair to yourself. :D You're the second person who noticed the screen shake. :wink:
Strange that this is not in the list of bugs. :shock:
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

its a feature m8, it's meant to be in it when the titans walk about :shock: :roll: :wink: :lol:
Galdred
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Galdred »

Kerensky wrote:I don't believe there is a Salamander Assault squad with melta guns...? They have bolt pistols, like the other assault squads.

As for Tycho, I'll investigate, thanks!
My bad I was talking about salamander centurion assault squad with meltagun who are without meltagun.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Galdred wrote:
Kerensky wrote:My bad I was talking about salamander centurion assault squad with meltagun who are without meltagun.
Good catch, will address!
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

Many movement sounds are missing along with combat sounds.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

not sure if this has been mentioned or not as not really a bug as such, more of a pet niggle of mine tbh

txt overlays in boxes all over the game....

screen size is 27" using a setting of 1920x1080 gives this result and many others, thought i'd mention it as others will on release...
txt overlaps.jpg
txt overlaps.jpg (192.56 KiB) Viewed 5411 times
shortening the icon/ pictures titles works as I've already tried, but yes then all the links in the game would also need altering, so no small job either :roll: :wink:

sorry if it's all ready been mentioned, just thought of it while i was buying some stuff and thought i'd post....
Corpsewave
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Corpsewave »

The game does not launch, how's that for a bug?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

Corpsewave wrote:The game does not launch, how's that for a bug?
o/s used, pc spec?

what error does it give, did you install dx9, even if you use win 8.1 or even win 10, it's needed etc,

How to get a Directx Dialog file:

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice
6. open the text file, copy the contents, and post along with your issue.

zip or rar the file and i'll look if you like
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

this is in the latest release candidate version just uploaded, having 2 game processes running at once will give game errors

manual button in windows 8.1 test took me online to read it... and when i'd closed the screen the game had closed, will test again to make 100% sure of this...

tested, pressing the manual button in windows 8.1 closes the game down but leaves it in the task manager running, so when you exit the manual you need to re run the game again, then you will have 2 exe of the game running!

first bug find to me :shock:

as manual shouldn't ie close the game, or go online to read it... as it only exit the game but leaves it in task manager, most won't know its already running...

testing this a second time didn't give same results as first run, no idea why either, as it kept the game running but minimized it instead, so not sure how it happened either, unless it's first run only, will test on other pc and re edit etc if wrong...

3 test also did same as second, so unless i made a mistake, which tbh i don't think so, as to close a game any other way isn't as easy as it sounds either, and i should know :roll: :wink: as it's not the sort of things you would do and forget 2 seconds later....

so posted to be fully sure...
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

First post has been updated, as you can see we've really cleared quite a bit off of there. :D

If you submit new reports, make sure you are on the latest version. Reports on older versions will no longer be reviewed!
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

older version have expired so wont work now anyway :roll: :wink:

so yes mine is a new one, just can't reproduce it, so guess it's a fluke maybe....

but posted it anyway :)
caca
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by caca »

In this window, you must enter your name, but it is not available for text input.
1.jpg
1.jpg (43.56 KiB) Viewed 5380 times
Corpsewave

Post by Corpsewave »

zakblood_slith wrote:o/s used, pc spec?

what error does it give, did you install dx9, even if you use win 8.1 or even win 10, it's needed etc,
Windows 7 Professional (32-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, 4GB RAM.

Direct X updated, new version downloaded - nothing changed. No error of any kind displayed, just doesn't launch. Game process is running, but to no effect.
bech1303
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by bech1303 »

I think there is a issue with upgrading units. My button is just grey. And yes there are available unit slots- Some units can be upgraded, but when i hit one of those that cannot be upgraded the option to upgrade unit greys out on all
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

easiest way to test the theory of units upgrades, is to make sure you have at least one slot free before upgrading any unit, even if it means selling one unit to give you one point at least free, then upgrade every unit you want, then at hte end buy a unit back so to be at full strength, seems to work for me tbh, same as last beta...

not 100% sure if it's meant to work this way either be design, but that's how i got round it last time, so just guessed it was the correct way and used it, but wasn't sure but never thought it was strange as not many others seemed to have mentioned it... hope it helps you :wink:

more of a hint / tip than a bug, or maybe a feature, see manual as it maybe by design :?:
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Re: Release Candiate Bug and CTD

Post by Razz1 »

I had a bug in the Defending Minos map.

Unhandled Exception and then the game crashed.

ExpCode:0xC000005 Exp Flags; 0

Exp address; 0x004903A5
caca
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by caca »

Tooltips for abilities weapons contain only ID. Probably did not have time ... :)
1.jpg
1.jpg (22.57 KiB) Viewed 5353 times
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

caca wrote:Tooltips for abilities weapons contain only ID. Probably did not have time ... :)
Fixed in GM build.
Galdred
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Galdred »

Land Raider helios (with and without hyperion missiles) still have incorrect number of lascannons.
It should be 4 (or 2*2), according to both the lore and the sprite, but they have 2*4.

Return to “Warhammer Open Beta”