How to access cheat console?

Forum for the strategy game set during the 2nd War for Armageddon.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

BR4ZIL
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

How to access cheat console?

Post by BR4ZIL »

Hey guys, i wanted to play around with the diferent battle outcomes/dialogues you have during some briefings, but i really didint want to mess with the editor or have to redo alot of the levels.

So, is there a way to quickly skip the levels like in PC? is there any "ctrl + shift + alt + C" cheat command?

Thanks in advance.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: How to access cheat console?

Post by zakblood »

there's some cheats on cheat engine table if you want them but you will have to search for them as i can't link it

so Google Warhammer 40000 Armageddon cheat engine table
xela
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by xela »

Would like to know those, too (not inclined to install some 3rd Party hack).
Some scens are just too damn frustrating right now (IMO) ;)
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

There is no developer console yet. Trust me, I sorely missed it during internal testing. :P

Hopefully we'll get one at some point along with hotkeys like:
http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=25990

But for time being, it's all about priorities. :cry:
rezaf
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by rezaf »

Heh, you know, sometimes I miss the good old days, when a product about to be shipped was supposed to be finished, because the only way to get updates was via complicated mail-order update discs or later with patches on those arcane BBS thingies. Both options were not used by a vast majority of customers.

Nowadays, it's sadly become commonplace to ship now and fix later.
Sure, patches are easy to get for most everyone and Steam even automates the process, but that doesn't make this approach more appealing, imo.

I wonder what behind-the-scenes-pressures forced Slitherine to release Armageddon earlier than it should have been released (rhetorical question, I'm not expecting disclosure here), but the product is definately far from finished.
Steam offers a whole business model on the grounds this game's release could be summed up by these days - Early Access. Releasing under that banner would at least have been honest.

Now, I totally expect a lot issues to be fixed and a ton of additions to be made, but for the type of gamer who buys a game to finish and shelve it, the status of Armageddon is a cruel joke.
Good for me that I'm not part of that group, and some years from now, I can sit with newer players around the campfire and tell them mythical stories of days gone by, when you could maintain a core of twenty titans and basically cheese your way through most of acts 2 and 3 with them. :lol:
_____
rezaf
DownTheDrain
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by DownTheDrain »

rezaf wrote: Now, I totally expect a lot issues to be fixed and a ton of additions to be made, but for the type of gamer who buys a game to finish and shelve it, the status of Armageddon is a cruel joke.
I don't necessarily disagree with you but I find it highly amusing that the lack of a cheat console apparently triggered your rant.
Surely there are far more serious issues to be addressed first.

Not sure what you'd need cheats for anyway since every single unit can easily be edited without any additional programs (except notepad).
rezaf

Post by rezaf »

DownTheDrain wrote:I don't necessarily disagree with you but I find it highly amusing that the lack of a cheat console apparently triggered your rant.
Lol, yeah, I guess you're right and reading this thread in isolation might paint this picture.
It was more of a general comment on the pretty long list of missing features from PzC (many of which can not be explained away by stating this is not PzC) and the overall unfinishedness of Armageddon.
The cheat console just happens to be one item on that list.
_____
rezaf
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

To reiterate the reality of the situation:
lordzimoa wrote:We don`t disagree and are working hard to correct it, but eg. you quote the PzC series, just compare v1.00, that we released in July 2011 to the current one v1.23 version... it was much, much worse and had far few features upon release. ;-)

But people forget..., if we would have added at release what we want and will include into this game series. This would be released in 2016.

What we do promise is to work as fast and hard as we can and we will bring this game far and above the level that PzC has got now and much faster!

There is so much coming, we preferred it to be in on day one, but due to many, many aspects I cannot get into, this was simply not possible.

We had a point that we had to say this is good enough to start the series... we just need some time! People will enjoy this series for many years to come, and we will support, expand and improve it, that is a promise.

Little by little one travels far.
Shrike
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Shrike »

Well, you know the old adage: you never get a second chance to make a first good impression. Right now the metacritic score sits at 67. This is a shame and something that never happened to Panzer Corps. Lots of people will give it a pass even if you constantly improve the game (which I know you will) just because of that, especially on Steam. Releasing it under early access might have avoided that to some extent.
xela

Post by xela »

Too bad, wondering though how internal testing was done??

Anyway, is there a way to change the difficulty level of a ongoing campaign to Normal?
I'm stuck at "Act2 - Counter Siege Raiding" having choosen Challenging - troops getting decimated.. ;)
DownTheDrain

Post by DownTheDrain »

xela wrote: Anyway, is there a way to change the difficulty level of a ongoing campaign to Normal?
Not that I know of.
If all else fails, open unittypes.whdat in the data folder with a text editor (I use notepad++) and either buff your troops or nerf the orcs.
It's fairly easy to do even without prior experience, but make a copy of the original file just in case.
xela

Post by xela »

DownTheDrain wrote:
xela wrote: Anyway, is there a way to change the difficulty level of a ongoing campaign to Normal?
Not that I know of.
If all else fails, open unittypes.whdat in the data folder with a text editor (I use notepad++) and either buff your troops or nerf the orcs.
It's fairly easy to do even without prior experience, but make a copy of the original file just in case.
Thanks, 'apparently' there is a diff.whdat that changes it overall. Toying with it..
TalRaziid
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by TalRaziid »

DownTheDrain wrote: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:04 pm Not that I know of.
There is no such file in my install. in fact, nothing shows up when i search for .whdat

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”