Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon: ArmageddonGame.exe - Fatal App

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

DerLandser
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon: ArmageddonGame.exe - Fatal App

Post by DerLandser »

I just bought the Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon Collector's Edition via the Slitherine web site yesterday. The game installed fine and it has been updated to v1.07.

When I'm on the game's main menu screen (the one with Ghazghkull Thraka) and if I select the "Options" link at the bottom of the screen, I get an error message pop up window that is labeled "Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon: ArmageddonGame.exe - Fatal Application".

The message in the pop up window reads " *** Unhandled Exception! ExpCode: 0xE06D7363 ExpAddress: 0x75D1812F Please report!" The pop up window has an "OK" button and when I click on the button, the main menu screen closes and I'm back at the game launch screen.

I also get this error message if I select the "Credits" link at the bottom of the screen. This problem also occurs in game when I open the menu from the icon on the upper left corner of the screen and select "Options".
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon: ArmageddonGame.exe - Fatal

Post by VPaulus »

Could you please post a DxDiag report file?
DerLandser

Post by DerLandser »

As requested, please see the attached zip file.

Also, this problem is affecting my ability to play PBEM games. I get a similar error when I try to launch my turn in a PBEM game. The only difference is the ExpAddress.
Attachments
DxDiag.zip
(8.8 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Please delete the files named "OPTIONS.TXT" and "settings.whdat" that can be found at:
...\Documents\My Games\Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon

Start the game and check if the issue persists.
DerLandser

Post by DerLandser »

I deleted both files and the problem still persists.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Please check if your Internet Security programs (like anti-virus, firewall, anti-malware, etc.) aren't interfering.
Disable them temporarily while you are running the game.
littlebot
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by littlebot »

Hello,
I have the same problem.
If you need more Information , please post a message . I will monitor this forum closely...
:)
Attachments
error.zip
(763 Bytes) Downloaded 297 times
DerLandser

Post by DerLandser »

The problem still persists with the Anti-Virus and Firewall temporarily disabled.

I purchased the Physical Delivery + Download version of the game. If this problem isn't resolved by the time I receive the Physical Delivery, I intend to uninstall the Download version and install the Physical Delivery version. Hopefully that will solve the problem if all else fails.
Preacherman

Post by Preacherman »

I am having a similar issue - if I try to run the game, having just purchased it, I get an error screen with a similar message but a different ExpCode
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

littlebot wrote:Hello,
I have the same problem.
If you need more Information , please post a message . I will monitor this forum closely...
:)
Preacherman wrote:I am having a similar issue - if I try to run the game, having just purchased it, I get an error screen with a similar message but a different ExpCode

Is it when click on Options? If not, please open your own thread.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

@DerLandser
Could you please attach your error.log that can be found in ....\Documents\My Games\Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon?
DerLandser

Post by DerLandser »

As requested.
Attachments
error.zip
(815 Bytes) Downloaded 288 times
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Please try the following:

Go to \Documents\My Games and delete the Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon subfolder.
Open the game installation folder. Locate and select a file named ArmageddonGame.exe.
Press the right mouse button and select Properties. Click on the Compatibility tab. Tick the option Run this program as an administrator.
Click on Apply and OK. Double click on ArmageddonGame.exe for running the game.
DerLandser

Post by DerLandser »

I performed both actions and the problem persists. Just a note, when I originally installed the game, I chose the "Run as Administrator" option when I ran the installation program.
DerLandser

Post by DerLandser »

I received the Physical Delivery (DVD) today. I uninstalled the game using the 'Uninstall' link in the game Start Menu. Several fonts did not automatically uninstall and I had to reboot the computer and manually delete the main game folder and the sub folder containing the fonts. I also had to manually delete the game folder in the 'My Games' folder in my user account.

I reinstalled the game using the game DVD. All the problems that I experienced before still persist.

To reiterate, when I'm on the game's main menu screen (the one with Ghazghkull Thraka) and if I select the "Options" link at the bottom of the screen, I get an error message pop up window that is labeled "Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon: ArmageddonGame.exe - Fatal Application". The message in the pop up window reads " *** Unhandled Exception! ExpCode: 0xE06D7363 ExpAddress: 0x758F812F Please report!" The pop up window has an "OK" button and when I click on the button, the main menu screen closes and I'm back at the game launch screen. I also get this error message if I select the "Credits" link at the bottom of the screen and the problem also occurs in game when I open the menu from the icon on the upper left corner of the screen and select "Options". When I try to open my turn in a PBEM game, the program appears to try to download my turn from the server and then I receive the same "Fatal Application" fault, after which the game crashes to the game launch screen after I select 'OK'.

Finally, when I received the DVD in the mail today, I found that the DVD case is cracked. How do I go about getting a replacement DVD case for the game?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Please try the following:

1. Open the game installation folder and rename the Audio folder as _Audio.

2. Disable all background programs in case these are interfering with the normal running of the game. You can do this by running msconfig and disabling all non-windows start-up programs and services. A tutorial on how to do this can be found below:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/articl ... plications

Regarding your issue with the case, please contact us support[at]slitherine.co.uk with your order details (order reference number and/or email address you used for placing the order) and we will arrange a shipment with a replacement case.
ShiftZ
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by ShiftZ »

I've spent some time trying to reproduce the issue or figure out the source of it, but no luck.
1.08 patch is coming very soon. I'm planning to add more detailed information about unhandled exception logged in the error.log file.
The bug may dissapear itself with some changes in 1.08. if still present we will get more information about exception occured in error.log.
DerLandser

Post by DerLandser »

I performed both steps and the problem still persists.
ClearSky

Post by ClearSky »

I just purchased Warhammer 40K CE and am experiencing the same problems (crash on Options and intermittent crashes during the tutorial). I've tried all suggestions listed above, but the issues persist. The error I get is:

*** Unhandled Exception! ExpCode: 0xE06D7363 ExpFlags: 1 ExpAddress 0x751FC42D Please Report!

I also get the error/crash when I click on Credits on the main menu and when right clicking on a unit in-game..
pmerczel

Post by pmerczel »

I've encountered the Same Problem.

Worth mentioning, Win 8 64bit.
After an initial install, I ran the 1.06 patch (manually downloaded and run separately).
I did manage to get into the options once and tweaked some of the sound settings.

I then tried doing the "Check for Updates" and failed to pull down the 1.07 update (guessing cause of known problems).
Then, after playing a round or 2, I tried to tweak the options again and it failed with the "Exception" error.

Since then, I haven't been able to get into it.

I did try an uninstall/cleanup and a re-install and still couldn't get into the options anymore.

Could there be any orphan registry setting which might remain after an uninstall? :idea:

Just a thought...

Hope this helps,
Peter Programmer

Return to “Tech Support”