Order of Battle :Europe?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

corneliul
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Order of Battle :Europe?

Post by corneliul »

Hi guys and congratulations for the game. I'm a big fan for turn based ww2. The dev team has any thoughts to use this graphic and engine for the Order of Battle Europe theatre? I will definitevly buy it too...so guys, let's press the dev to make one...lol
apec
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Order of Battle :Europe?

Post by apec »

I think that the developers have already a plan for an Order of Battle Europe, however don't expect it to come soon. :)
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

While I would love to see this game system moving to Europe, I think there's still much potential in the Pacific/Asian area.
The fighting in China, Burma, Malaysa, India is seldom covered in war-games.
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

The European theatre based on Order of battle for sure will be interesting but I have to agree with ERIK. It better to explore maximally Pacific/ Asian area First....!!! :)
KeinGeneral
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by KeinGeneral »

Erik wrote:While I would love to see this game system moving to Europe, I think there's still much potential in the Pacific/Asian area.

It is not sufficient that there are games like Panzer Corps and similar dealing with Europe?
I also think Asia should be maxed out, as was done under SSI and there was the invasion of China and so played more.
If you find mistakes may keep them or send to Google, the Google there are errors
HobbesACW
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by HobbesACW »

I agree. It's always nice to have a game that covers the less trodden paths. I would like to see China, Burma etc covered first.
If Europe is done the mediterranean theatre with a few what-if scenarios would be interesting.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

When Europe is introduced I would also like to see the Mediterranean/North Africa first. This would take allow for naval scenarios in addition to the land battles.
Bring on the Regia Marina :D
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

less sea more land rubber duck land lover
TDefender

Post by TDefender »

Erik wrote:When Europe is introduced I would also like to see the Mediterranean/North Africa first. This would take allow for naval scenarios in addition to the land battles.
Bring on the Regia Marina :D
Completely agree. There's still a lot to enjoy on the Pacific but once turn to Europe Mediterranean/NA front would be very interesting :)
bcnkor5
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by bcnkor5 »

corneliul wrote:Hi guys and congratulations for the game. I'm a big fan for turn based ww2. The dev team has any thoughts to use this graphic and engine for the Order of Battle Europe theatre? I will definitevly buy it too...so guys, let's press the dev to make one...lol
DLC battles at sea in the Atlantic and Mediterranean?
We hope to see in the future a DLC with the battles at sea in the Atlantic and Mediterranean. Between England/American, and Germany/Italy.

Download MiniMod Video Flags WWII (time .OGM ) Japan, America, German, German Navy, Soviet, Spain, Spain Republic, France, italy, England.
viewtopic.php?f=264&t=65261&p=555457#p555457

Bismark Sunk:
Attachments
000 Bismark Sunk.jpg
000 Bismark Sunk.jpg (49.53 KiB) Viewed 5675 times
Capturar-4.jpg
Capturar-4.jpg (36.7 KiB) Viewed 5675 times
Capturar-1.jpg
Capturar-1.jpg (41.49 KiB) Viewed 5675 times
Last edited by bcnkor5 on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

The idea that AT fire in a similar way to Artillery in PzC might screw this up a bit - Kursk would be impossible as the Germans & France would also be very difficult.

However OOB's engine would be a great place to start work on PzC 2 (though it would fall to someone else to convert my mods :( )

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
Bercikmn
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Bercikmn »

I would love to play this game taking place in Europe.
simcc
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by simcc »

I bet it's wont be OOB Europe but maybe Panzer Corps2 hahaha, I still prefer OOB to focus on pacific while Panzer Corps team use the OOB format for PzC2
Boarspear
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Boarspear »

Erik wrote:While I would love to see this game system moving to Europe, I think there's still much potential in the Pacific/Asian area.
Amen to that -- there are so many possibilites there (especially in terms of the "high tide" of Japanese expansion) that I hope to see more developments along these lines. It would be interesting to pit Chinese, Russian, British, Australian, and Gurkha against the Japanese -- the small bit of it in the Japanese attacks against Australia are very interesting.
Qwer28
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Qwer28 »

Yea, I hope Europe will come soon. Ship battles are little boring, you cant tactically too mutch but ground battles are great but little small. I think europe will mutch better with big ground battles with many units.
morge4
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by morge4 »

Boarspear wrote:
Amen to that -- there are so many possibilites there (especially in terms of the "high tide" of Japanese expansion) that I hope to see more developments along these lines. It would be interesting to pit Chinese, Russian, British, Australian, and Gurkha against the Japanese -- the small bit of it in the Japanese attacks against Australia are very interesting.
True, lots of the Pacific potential. But, I would like to see something for the Atlantic. Granted not much in the way of land battles but wolfpacks hunting down convoys has some potential also.
Ason
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Ason »

I haven't bought the game but I would if there was a european theatre! Modders can take care of making more asian campaigns. If we would get a european theatre(Germany+Soviets) people would basically have all the different units to make any kind of scenario around the world at that time. Including epic 'what if' naval battles between all nations.
grenadier98
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by grenadier98 »

The campaign is 12 scenarios in all and the first seven are all in one year and there are only five for the rest of the war with the last one being fictional in 1946. There should have been more and I hope for more, first of all between the US and Japan.

On the other hand I also would like to see an OOB Europe, but I think BNC is right - the current AT support would bring any major tank offensive to a stop. Maybe the effect of AT support should be reduced?

When it comes to theaters I would vote for the eastern front. Thats the most interesting and large scale part of ground combat in WW2. I guess The Mediterranean naval part will be boring - there was nothing really going on compared to the pacific theater.
blond_knight_new
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by blond_knight_new »

Part of me likes this new engine(it looks good and is fun), and part of me hates it because its not as open(ie modding sound and adding units) as the Panzer Corps engine.
rad
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by rad »

Yes Europe and N.Africa campaigns = "must buy". Strong platform for an Operation Sea Lion OOB "what if" ? Great game innovation - depth and breadth combined - congratulations to the Design team on a quantum step in game design like Talonsoft innovation in the mid 90's ?

Return to “Order of Battle Series”