No Part 2 and 3?

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM) Road to the Moon is the ultimate game of space exploration.

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

Ponepilos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

No Part 2 and 3?

Post by Ponepilos »

hi all

is it true that there will be no part 2 and 3? and what is with the money for those which bought all 3 part´s like me?

greeting

ponepilos
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Re: No Part 2 and 3?

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello Ponepilos,

Yes, unfortunately for the moment plans for parts 2 and 3 have been put on hold. Please refer to this thread for more info.
Ponepilos wrote:and what is with the money for those which bought all 3 part´s like me?
Not sure what you mean by this. Parts 2 and 3, while originally mentioned when the game was announced a couple of years ago, have never been available for purchase.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter
Ponepilos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Ponepilos »

Nacho84 wrote: Not sure what you mean by this. Parts 2 and 3, while originally mentioned when the game was announced a couple of years ago, have never been available for purchase.

Cheers,
i bought all part´s and payed for it so that i could send a photo and my name, and i have only part 1 so what do all the people get for the rest of the money?
i have not payed so much money for only one part you know what i mean?
greets

ponepilos
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Ponepilos wrote:i have not payed so much money for only one part you know what i mean?
Hello Ponepilos,

I'm sorry if you misunderstood what you were getting by purchasing the Early Access. We were always clear from the start that the game was going to be released in episodes and that getting into the early access would only get you the first part of the game (i.e., up to the Moon landings). For reference, you can check out the original announcement thread, which was posted around 2 years ago.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
Ponepilos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Ponepilos »

hi

nono that was clear.that´s all ok. perhaps my english is missunderstanding. there were 3 prices , part one only , part one and two, and part one, two and three.
and i bought 2013 all, i think the apollo package. was about $100.
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello Ponepilos,

Please check the bottom of the first post in the announcement thread I've mentioned in my previous post. There were three tiers in the early access program:

Mercury: Gave you access to the digital version of the game.
Gemini: The contents of the Gemini tier plus a boxed copy once the game shipped (which happened in October 2014).
Apollo: The contents of the Gemini tier plus the option to get your photo and name featured in the game.

Again, apologies if you misunderstood this, but none of the three tiers was meant to give you access to the (then planned) parts 2 and 3 of the game. You can see that we've always been consistent with this: if you scroll down that thread, you'll see a post from me saying that:
The remaining episodes will be sold separately. By getting into the early access version you will get all the beta updates and the final released version of part I only (a.k.a. "Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager: Road to the Moon").

Parts 2 and 3 will be sold separately and we still haven't decided whether there will be an early access version for those yet (we're pretty much focused on getting part I out of the door! :) )
Hope this clarifies the situation.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
Ponepilos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Ponepilos »

Nacho84 wrote:Hello Ponepilos,

Yes, unfortunately for the moment plans for parts 2 and 3 have been put on hold. Please refer to this thread for more info.

the early access is not the ponit you know. the point is i send you 99,99 $ . early access was nice but not pertinent. the money which is now gone while there will be no other tier is pertinent. i NOT sent you 19,99 $.
jack44465
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by jack44465 »

Ponepilos wrote:

the early access is not the ponit you know. the point is i send you 99,99 $ . early access was nice but not pertinent. the money which is now gone while there will be no other tier is pertinent. i NOT sent you 19,99 $.
what Nacho is saying is that the price you paid for the FIRST part not the planned second or third. You paid them to get the extra stuff you got in the mail. Not the other planned parts.
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Ponepilos wrote:

The money you paid for the the Apollo Tier in the Early Access is not "gone", it went to Slitherine/Matrix Games and to the members of the development team. In exchange, you got what we promised we were going to deliver (actually, we originally promised a game featuring the GSA only, so the Soviet space agency and NASA campaigns, along with PBEM support, are on us ;) )

I'm failing to see why is there a reason to be upset.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
Ponepilos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Ponepilos »

Nacho84 wrote: The money you paid for the the Apollo Tier in the Early Access is not "gone", it went to Slitherine/Matrix Games and to the members of the development team. In exchange, you got what we promised we were going to deliver (actually, we originally promised a game featuring the GSA only, so the Soviet space agency and NASA campaigns, along with PBEM support, are on us ;) )

I'm failing to see why is there a reason to be upset.

Cheers,
ok

○ Apollo Tier - $99.99 includes everything in the Gemini Tier plus your name and photo in the game as one of the SET personnel, a flight controller or an astronaut and the game sound track in MP3 format. Instead of a beta tester credit you will be listed as a contributor. This option will not be available post release.

this is what was promised if i pay 99,99 and you gave us only

○ Mercury Tier - $19.99 for the digital version of the beta supplied immediately and updated throughout, private beta forum access to report issues and discuss the game with the dev team and other early adopters and your name in the beta tester credits

and the statement that you stoped working on it that means your company owes me 80 $ you understand now?

if you want i can sent you my bank receipt and your email confirmation after you´ve got my money
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

No, sorry, I'm still not following you. I don't understand what you mean by the following statement:
Ponepilos wrote:
Nacho84 wrote:
this is what was promised if i pay 99,99 and you gave us only

○ Mercury Tier - $19.99 for the digital version of the beta supplied immediately and updated throughout, private beta forum access to report issues and discuss the game with the dev team and other early adopters and your name in the beta tester credits
What does "you gave us only" mean here? Throughout the Early Access Program you received periodic updates (see the changelog for a release history). Then, when the game was finally released in October 2014, you got everything we promised in the Apollo tier: the soundtrack in MP3 format, your name in the credits and the fully boxed copy. On top of that, you got a much more bigger game than we originally promised (we promised the GSA only, and we ended up delivering the GSA plus the Soviet and NASA campaigns).

Whatever happens beyond that point is not covered by the purchase of the Early Access Program. Ideally, we would have liked to continue development and work on parts 2 and 3, and I understand how this might be a disappointment for some of you. It certainly was a disappointment for me, since I started work on this game in 2007 and I wanted to deliver my original vision of a game spanning all the way from the dawn of the space era until the first manned mission to Mars. However, the sale numbers were not as expected and I realized that I don't have the resources to deliver a good product, so I had to put this on hold for an indefinite amount of time.

I hope the situation is a bit more clear now. If you still have questions, please write to us directly at support at slitherine.co.uk.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
Ponepilos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Ponepilos »

ok :D

thanks for your patience. it´s a shame that there will be no marscolony or something like this.

i found another great game Kerbal Space Program . you can make all you want there, build you own rockets, bases, orbital stations.
if you want look here https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/en/

greets

ponepilos
Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by Sabratha »

Ponepilos wrote:ok :D

thanks for your patience. it´s a shame that there will be no marscolony or something like this.

i found another great game Kerbal Space Program . you can make all you want there, build you own rockets, bases, orbital stations.
if you want look here https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/en/

greets

ponepilos
Played Kerbal, but its a very different game. BASPM is a manager game like BARIS.

Comparing Kerbal and BASPM is like comparing "Call of Duty" and "Panzer Corps" - both are about warfare, but the type of game is very different. Apples and oranges.

Also yeah, I'm sad that we won't have part 2 and 3. But I doi want to stress is that the "Apollo tier" did not promise to give you access to part 2 and 3. With Apollo all you got was an mp3 soundtrack, your name in the game and other additional goodies for part 1.
Vasious
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Vasious »

The are MP3s of the sound track at Apollo
How do we find them?
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello Vasious,

The MP3 soundtrack was included in the physical edition of those players that got the Apollo Tier during the Early Access Program.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
nico7550
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by nico7550 »

you can also take a look here :
viewtopic.php?f=226&t=53915
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

You can find it here. Notice that you can buy it as well, so if you really like the soundtrack please consider purchasing it. All the proceedings from the sale go directly to Christian, the talented composer behind SPM's OST.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
Vasious

Post by Vasious »

Thanks for the Answers chaps.
Never thought to look on the CD.

Will check out Christian's website too; he did a brilliant job
vadersson
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by vadersson »

Well call me late to the party. I am very sad to hear there will be no programs beyond the moon. I just started playing this again and was thinking about the fun of a Mars mission. Guess not know. Well at least there is still Kerbal Space Progam where I can go anywhere I want, but that is a bit different.

I really wish someone would remake Earth Orbit Stations from back on my Commodore 64 days. What a great game.

Thanks,
Duncan
The Warhammer 40K games all need more T'au Empire units.

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”