How much time this game eats from you?

4X strategy game from Proxy Studios

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

iplaypfc2015
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

How much time this game eats from you?

Post by iplaypfc2015 »

From my experiences, its easy to play upward 24 hours in a single play. And also there this tendency of not wanting to stop playing once you are in it. So if you have free time for a while its ok. But I can definitely see how this can conflict big if you are busy.

I was doing the undertake of taking over the world with all the factions and on hard and biggest world settings. And I was easily consuming 24 hours so far but what I got is boxing in 3 factions. My goals it to do it to all. And also keep all alive and maintain them like master/father figure. :twisted: Also try to prevent/severely delay any from getting nukes/black hole. And already way ahead that I’m like god.

Most my effort have been jus building and it taken this long, only small amount was warring. And alredy that takes 24 hours.

But I found if you like them reach max potential , it would be a nightmare in terms of trying to take over them. If just building takes 24, can you imagine how long it would take to take over all of them if you have all the factions in there? It would take so long it, you won’t feel like playing….. :shock:

I mean I don’t think this eat as much as civilization beyond earth. I play pandora before but stopped and now back to retry nishira edition. This game pretty good , and there not much other good games out now.
Xilmi
Pandora Community Developer

Re: How much time this game eats from you?

Post by Xilmi »

Since I've gotten this game in may 2014 I've spent more hours on it than on any other game in that time.
Don't be fooled by the "only" 490ish hours I've clocked according to steam.
The amount of hours I spent with the dev-version easily can double or triple that.
Of course a lot of these hours are not actually playing but coding and just observing the AI play but the mere play-time also should be extremely high.

However, 24 hours on a single game is something I never had. I think my longest game took about 15 hours on a huge map.
Micromanaging 20 or more cities really is nothing that I enjoy overly much.
So I usually play on medium-sized maps and there the games are much shorter.

Have you played this 24 hour game with the recent beta-patch 1.6.4 from September 9th?

I ask because not many players are able to dominate so severly against Hard-AIs on this patch.
Also: Do you play with disabled tech-victory?

Would be nice to read up a little story, maybe with some screenshots, showing your way to dominate on Hard-difficulty. A let's play would be even better.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

Xilmi wrote:I think my longest game took about 15 hours on a huge map.
Micromanaging 20 or more cities really is nothing that I enjoy overly much.
So I usually play on medium-sized maps and there the games are much shorter.
If it's just about micromanaging less, if you would prefer huge maps then take a marathon pace too (with maximum number of AI players): it will very slow the game and you should not build more than 6 towns. However if you do very well you can own 20+ towns in the end of game by conquiering them.
iplaypfc2015

Post by iplaypfc2015 »

yea i'm nuts. :twisted: i think so far i put in around 48 hours. but all the ai factions been reduce to a single city or so. though some of those sneaky ba@stards try to get in an extra city or 2 with the narrow free area remaining inside my boundary(city that like either start sub beginner size or won't have room to grow much beyond beginner size) .they pretty much have no future. :twisted:

then there just easy task of repelling the messari. they might keep coming for a long time and/or endless i feel. :|
iplaypfc2015

Post by iplaypfc2015 »

pretty much donw with this game. everything just repetitive now. messari just keep coming. been like 30 turns i feel. would not be surprise it be endless... :|

this game takes way too long, not expecting to make this a habit... appeals pretty much gone at this point due to repetitiveness feel. guess i'm in burnout phase.

the game experience is like well its ok....but i doubt i go and do this all over again.... :|
Xilmi

Post by Xilmi »

Well, you basically had it in the bags since a long time and could have made military- or econ-victory in a few turns. Or you probably already had won and just continued on for some weird reason.
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

Yeah the winning message is not overjoyed with fireworks, you can close its bothering window and continue without guessing or just forgetting it lol.
iplaypfc2015

Post by iplaypfc2015 »

ERISS wrote:Yeah the winning message is not overjoyed with fireworks, you can close its bothering window and continue without guessing or just forgetting it lol.

yeah i know. i did a specific save with a wasteland scenario. i amass hundred of black holes. it was a satisfying quick kill. the ohter factions got big absorbing each other. they got a lot stronger in tech than pervious games but still not too close to my max tech state. they all got nukes and one just complete bh generator.

they and me filled the whole map and messari came. i black hole all the faction and it was easy quick kill, much faster than otherwise with troop invasion. :twisted:

all the world outside my territory is wasteland. i even enjoyed killing the annoying messari qucik this way too. :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:

messari was very annoying, they gotten like 10 portal or so before i decide to bh alla them back to hell. :twisted:
Xilmi

Post by Xilmi »

You had BHG before the Messari came? Sounds like 1.6.3.
In 1.6.4 with the increased tech-cost I highly doubt that this is still possible.
The earliest I had seen a very-hard-AI get BHG in 1.6.4 was about turn 240.
iplaypfc2015

Post by iplaypfc2015 »

Pandora 2015-09-24 06-48-56-26.jpg (153.26 KiB) Viewed 14673 times
wasteland1
wasteland1
Pandora 2015-09-24 06-50-51-45.jpg (162.15 KiB) Viewed 14671 times
wasteland2
wasteland2
Pandora 2015-09-24 06-50-56-48.jpg (125.04 KiB) Viewed 14671 times
Last edited by iplaypfc2015 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:08 am, edited 5 times in total.
Xilmi

Post by Xilmi »

I highly doubt this screenshot having been taken from a legit, unmodded 1.6.4 vs. hard-AI game.

It contains too many implications that the player has not played efficiently enough to keep up with hard-level AI and yet he somehow has.

Was this probably started a long, long time ago and has been continued now?

The weirdest thing, however is the count of blackholes. Unless the way blackhole-generators work has been modified, each of them shall stop working as soon as the count of blackholes reaches the count of generators. And I don't suppose you have 608 of them...
iplaypfc2015

Post by iplaypfc2015 »

Pandora 2015-09-24 06-51-02-33.jpg
Pandora 2015-09-24 06-51-02-33.jpg (129.51 KiB) Viewed 14671 times

Pandora 2015-09-24 06-51-09-06.jpg
Pandora 2015-09-24 06-51-09-06.jpg (129.61 KiB) Viewed 14671 times
Pandora 2015-09-24 06-51-18-36.jpg
Pandora 2015-09-24 06-51-18-36.jpg (153.32 KiB) Viewed 14671 times
yellows so desperate for land they even colonized wasteland and then clean up... :twisted:
Last edited by iplaypfc2015 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
iplaypfc2015

Post by iplaypfc2015 »

Pandora 2015-09-24 06-51-28-98.jpg
Pandora 2015-09-24 06-51-28-98.jpg (133.78 KiB) Viewed 14671 times
iplaypfc2015

Post by iplaypfc2015 »

Xilmi wrote:I highly doubt this screenshot having been taken from a legit, unmodded 1.6.4 vs. hard-AI game.

It contains too many implications that the player has not played efficiently enough to keep up with hard-level AI and yet he somehow has.

Was this probably started a long, long time ago and has been continued now?

The weirdest thing, however is the count of blackholes. Unless the way blackhole-generators work has been modified, each of them shall stop working as soon as the count of blackholes reaches the count of generators. And I don't suppose you have 608 of them...

you sound like a very honest rigid person.... :twisted: , this is interesting... :twisted:
Zak0r
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Zak0r »

Looks heavily modded. You probably could've ended the game ages ago.
iplaypfc2015

Post by iplaypfc2015 »

Zak0r wrote:Looks heavily modded. You probably could've ended the game ages ago.

mmm...sorry if that bother you. but it all depends on your view. you can say technoology is hack: spaceship, aircraft, automobile, tv, internet, electricity. if you truly want to be natural: horse and buggy, go live with the amish.

it all depends on how you look at things. some people can think outside the box and some can't and/or refuse to. :twisted:
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

iplaypfc2015 wrote:
Zak0r wrote:Looks heavily modded. You probably could've ended the game ages ago.
mmm...sorry if that bother you.
If your game is modded, then please don't make everybody to lose their time.
If your game is not modded, you could help us explaining what happened.
Xilmi

Post by Xilmi »

I don't think he even tried to pretend that the screenshots are from a legit unmodded game.
I got suspicious even before the screenshots. Driving 6 Hard-AIs in the corner as to each of them only having one city on a Huge Pangea before they develop Nukes? I would have doubts even if Zak0r said this. If someone else claims it, wanna know how... And after seeing the Screenshots I think I know how...
iplaypfc2015

Post by iplaypfc2015 »

ERISS wrote:
iplaypfc2015 wrote:
mmm...sorry if that bother you.
If your game is modded, then please don't make everybody to lose their time.
If your game is not modded, you could help us explaining what happened.

not everyone is hardcore and care about the same things.

playing against 6 AIs on hard can be consider a big waste of time even if you eventually manage to win after 9999 hours. :| depends on how you look at it....
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

Xilmi wrote:I don't think he even tried to pretend that the screenshots are from a legit unmodded game.
Usually, writing here is pretending using a legit unmodded NOR beta game, but YOU gave the bad example since long, so we can't really blame him now, as no modo was involved to correct you.

Return to “Pandora - First Contact”