"All this madness" - now is 0.99 version!

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Re: "All this madness" - new 0.91 mod version available!

Post by Sabratha »

Zombo wrote: I also have a problem with leaders. Hindenburg goes systematically to the Western Front - where Moltke is still supposed to be in command - and Falkenhayn appears as a "front commander" in 1914 (if I'm not mistaken), when historically he replaced Moltke as commander -in-chief. There's a lot of confusion there. I mean, I 'm not say we have to replicate history exactly, but...
I was certainly planning to have shifting commanders and I will add this as soon as I get a way to remove active commanders from the game via events.
Vokt
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Vokt »

Hi there. Just trying to get the mod working on my CTGW installation and not succeeding so far. My CTGW installation is in english so why program crashes (not even starts) when I apply the mod?

Thanks in advance.
Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by Sabratha »

Sure, will see what's wrong. Can you please upload the ctw.log file after the crash?

Alternatively, can you copy&paste the contents of the log? This will help me to see what's up./

Which scenario are you trying to load? Keep in mind so far only 1914 has been tested. I'll make versions for other scenarios once the ai naval crash bug is patched.
Vokt

Post by Vokt »

It's 1914 scenario which I'm trying to open.

A notepad file named "error" created after the crash reads the following: KERNEL MEMORY CHECKING IS **OFF**
Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by Sabratha »

Can you post the ctw.log file or its contents after the crash? Its in the folder with the savegame folder

Ishould be somethiong like:
C:\Documents and Settings\MyDocs\My Documents\My Games\Commander The Great War\ctw.log

Just make a search for the ctw.log file on your drive, launch the game, have it crash and then post the ctw.log here.

Once I have this i'll be able to help you.
Vokt

Post by Vokt »

Copy and paste of ctgw.log file on My Games\Commander The Great War folder:

Log date: 2015-10-19 16:39:14
[16:39:15][2892]Renderer: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 version: 2.1.8787
[16:39:15][2892]Commander: The Great War(v 1.6.0)
[16:39:15][2892]Audio device used: Generic Software
[16:39:15][2892]Loading main script
Robotron
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Robotron »

@Vokt: your installation is not up to date (v.1.6.0), update your game to version 1.6.4 before applying the mod.
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Robotron wrote:@Vokt: your installation is not up to date (v.1.6.0), update your game to version 1.6.4 before applying the mod.
Nice job! :)
Vokt

Post by Vokt »

Updated to 1.6.4 and got the mod working. Thanks to all.
Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by Sabratha »

Thanks for the quick help Robo!

Admittedly there's still some small bugs left in (Example: "Tsar Takes command" seems to fire regardless of Russian morale, Senussi have an issue also, all will be fixed), but I was at least hoping I did not introduce new crash bugs aside of the vanilla ones.
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Another map notation: The port at Tallinn should be moved one water hex to the west. For once Tallinn is captured no Entente fleets (including subs) can get by it in either east-west direction. The original map did not have a port there, it was added later, much like other ports and cities... If the port is recaptured: Any CP fleets to the east of the Tallinn port are trapped .
Zombo
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Zombo »

Hi

regarding Dutch entry alongside the Entente, I would make it conditional to the Allies controlling at least Brussels & Antwerp, or possibly Wilhelmshaven, or else it wouldn't make much sense at all
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Thought you modders might be interested in this from the BUGARIA...? thread...
Robotron wrote:
As far as I can see by looking at the code:

starting with gameturn#20 the game performs a check for every neutral faction by adding up the production values of all cities of an alliance and the cities of the neutral faction and then adding 50 to the result. If one alliance's total value is greater than the other one's, neutral factions whose alignment (a value between 0 and 100) is leaning toward that alliance (< 50 for CP and >50 for Entente) further gravitate towards "the winning team".

Casualities, manpower, morale and total unit strength don't seem to play a role in the calculation.
Thanks Robotron!

That formula needs to be reconfigured. Presently in SP that makes sense, but in MP it does not fly. The reason being that the AI does not disband SGs, where in MP most if not all players disband most if not all SGs, giving nations like Russia a huge positive PP increase (-1 PP upkeep per SG), most English, French and Italian SGs as well get canned to increase PP, to sum it up: The number of Entente SGs far outnumber the CP SGs, so for all practical purposes CP is way in the hole PP wise, unless CP has an exceptional MP match with capturing cities, then again these captured cities (for the most part) take forever to regenerate PP, especially if they were fought over resulting in major damage to said city.

Matter-o-fact, if in SP it is easier to have alliance gains using the same disbanding as described above to gain an unfair advantage over the AI, that's why the above formula is a "joke"! Who in their right mind is going to leave 2 English garrisons at 2 PP upkeep cost each for perhaps years at a time in North America and Greenland? Disband them! Of course it's going to save England a ton of PP over the long run. Now if the game chose to prevent disbanding, then perhaps neutrals such as Bulgaria would react differently... Or the reality is: Change the above formula or remove it all together and set historical dates to when nations entered the war to be in effect, if CTGW was to be PC (politically correct), pure chaos otherwise. One of the best diplomatic setups for WWI is in the game SCWWI where a player can buy diplomat points.

Dumbfounded, Bob
MarechalJoffre
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by MarechalJoffre »

My game keeps crashing when I take Antwerp near October 1914 as CP.
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

@MarechallJoffre:
Can you post the ctw.log file or its contents after the crash? Its in the folder with the savegame folder

C:\Documents and Settings\MyDocs\My Documents\My Games\Commander The Great War\ctw.log

or just make a search for the ctw.log file on your drive to find it. Launch the game, have it crash and then post the ctw.log here.

Once we have this we might be able to help you.
Zombo

Post by Zombo »

Can't wait to get the 1.0 version

any idea when it is due for?
dhucul2011
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Antwerp

Post by dhucul2011 »

I also get a crash to desktop when the CP takes Antwerp in SP.

ctw.log attached.
Attachments
ctgw.zip
(448 Bytes) Downloaded 140 times
Zombo

Post by Zombo »

Is the project still alive? :?
Zombo

Post by Zombo »

Yep. It sure is dead. What a pity.
Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by Sabratha »

Zombo wrote:Hi

regarding Dutch entry alongside the Entente, I would make it conditional to the Allies controlling at least Brussels & Antwerp, or possibly Wilhelmshaven, or else it wouldn't make much sense at all
Good point on brussels and Antwerp.

Return to “Commander the Great War : Mods & Scenario Design”