Issues with installing Patch 1.6

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

TorpedoChris
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Issues with installing Patch 1.6

Post by TorpedoChris »

I bought the game yesterday from your site, not Steam. I had some issues installing it because install would stop several time on sharing violations on different files. But by restarting the installation several times it resumed well everytime so I could complete it and start the game correctly just for testing purpose.
Then I loaded the last patch but it stops everytime on a sharing violation on SPM-Windows.exe, even when retarting it again and again.
I have the admin rights of course on this machine.

My configuration :

Windows XP Media Center SP3
Intel Core Duo T2600 2.17 GHz
RAM 4 Gb
NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Issues with installing Patch 1.6

Post by zakblood »

please can you post a Directx Dialog file - see below for instructions on how to generate a Directx Dialog file.

How to get a Directx Dialog file:

1. click on "START" (on Windows 8 Press "Windows Key" + "R" )
2. click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice
6. open the text file, copy the contents, and post along with your issue.

also what anti virus do you use and have you added the game exe to the safe / white list etc?

sorry for your issue, will reply to your reply
TorpedoChris

Post by TorpedoChris »

Mmmm, the issue isn't when I execute SPM, but when I try to install the patch. I don't think DirectX has anything to do with the installation process, no ? And not sure dxdiag logs in french will be very useful to you ! :wink:

I'm using Avast as an antivirus but I'm not so strict with the security parameters. First time I have an issue on installing something on this machine btw.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

ok, forget the DirectX then,

sharing violations are normally caused by files either in use or blocked by AV software etc

or the file is in a temp folder and you're trying to install from there, can you try to download the file again please and save it to your desktop, then make sure the game isn't running, then try and update the game from the patch, and post the results thanks, good luck
TorpedoChris

Post by TorpedoChris »

Last time I tried I launched the patch that was downloaded by the game (in the SPM/patch folder) after having rebooted. What is your local time so I do another try offline after rebooting and deactivating Avast and still have an answer ? It is is 10:40 PM here but I still have some hours to do tests.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

9.49pm here

try once in the SPM/patch folder, then if that doesn't work, copy it to desktop and re try, good luck, will be on for another hour
TorpedoChris

Post by TorpedoChris »

OK, you were right. First time I have a side effect from my antivirus in more than 20 years of PC practice...
TorpedoChris

Post by TorpedoChris »

And apparently the game runs well. I must say I was playing BARIS 20 years ago and I have great expectations on BASPM. I dowlnoaded a crack for test purposes and I must say version 1 didn't fill these expectations, especially the thrill of competition between the two blocks.
More feedback when I go through the improvements you brought with the patches. Some documentation on how the missions have to chain would be usefuk as well, I had do do this for the US space program but it is always confusing on the USSR one.

PS : my grandparents took me in front of the TV in July 1969, I was only 4 and a half but I still remember...
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

glad to have helped, hope you now enjoy the game, anything else please re post, merry Christmas

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager : Tech Support”