Polaris Sector - First view - with Star Wars mod Alliance

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
Firefox440
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Polaris Sector - First view - with Star Wars mod Alliance

Post by Firefox440 »

Well, with the permission from the creators Matrix/Slitherine, I go to show you somethings from this new game.

But I would like remember you how it is a video from a unfinished Beta and it will not be the final game at 100%. However, with my videos, I am centering the attention in the main features from the game.

One of the best features from this game will be the modding capabilities. Where we will be able to edit everything. It remembers me how it is not a 100% 3D game. Some parts are 3D as the planets but others as the tactical battles are 2D but......these 2D units look as 3D units. The creators name to the tactical engine 2.5D. When you see it, you will understand their reasons for this strange name.;)

About the game, I can not avoid compare it with the Galactic Civilizations III but it was a turns game and Polaris Sector is real time game where you can increase your game speed x20 or you can stop everything for to give easily all the orders to your Empire. It is probably the main difference from the game with other games.

Comparing it with Galactic Civilizations III, I find the tactical combat a lot better and the research a deeper. Polaris Sector remembers a lot to the old Imperium Galactica I and II. Because with the exception from the ground combat which it is automatic as you could see at Star Wars Rebellion game. All the other features are very similar to the Imperium Galactica games.

But we can not ignore how it is the remake from another game from the same creators made before the Imperium Galactica games. Search in google Remember Tomorrow 4x space strategy A very curious detail.

In this video, you can watch the galaxy, planets, diplomacy, research, economics sections. From them, you will control your Empire.

The galaxy from the video has more or less 300 planets but you can customize your galaxy with 900 planets, 9 races, different style and more.

I will show you more close features sooner or later at this thread.
Last edited by Firefox440 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Firefox440

Re: Polaris Sector - First view

Post by Firefox440 »

Here I go to show you one very good feature from the incoming Polaris Sector game. The ship customization option where you can add/remove different parts from your ships making them different or better than others.

It is a very interesting part and very fun. Of course, it is very important because you will research new technology which it can be added to your starships and it will make them better than the units from the enemy.

As before I would like remember you how it is a video from a unfinished Beta and it will not be the final game at 100%. However, with my videos, I am centering the attention in the main features from the game.

Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

nice, thanks!
klhbekool
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by klhbekool »

very nice,thank you
Firefox440

Polaris Sector - First view - The space tactical mode

Post by Firefox440 »

Another good part from the game is the space tactical battle and it can be defined as the reward from all your time researching, building and improving your units. This is the point where you see how good is your empire. However if the battle does not go well, it can be a bit disappointing but you will know how you must research and improve more your units.

The tactical view is enough complex, you can give many different type of orders to your units, deploy fighers from carriers when you want, move all the units in several groups and more as you can see.

Other point is how the size from the tactical maps is big. There is space for two very big fleets fighting.

But the biggest curious point here is how the units look. If you watch all the video, I am sure how you will think, "they are 3D models", but not, they are 2D images made from a original 3D model, many images. The creators name to this system 2.5D because it looks very close to 3D. Each unit can have 360 images or more from each angle at a complete rotation.

Fortunately for us, thinking in modding. This way can be avoided and you can use a top view from the units. It can be better if you want add new units easier and faster.

At this battle, you can not see them but there are space stations as defense satellites, they are big. You can build them defending the space around your planets and before you build them, you can customized them as all the other space units with different systems, weapons and more, have fun.

As before I would like remember you how it is a video from a unfinished Beta and it will not be the final game at 100%. However, with my videos, I am centering the attention in the main features from the game.

ektor
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by ektor »

thanks for the videos

really interesting and interested, all the elements for a great game are there

and thanks too for the twitch streaming slitherine
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

I have recorded a new video. Here you can see the options setting your galaxy, there are many options, the type of galaxy, amount of planets and more.

This video was made playing the beta and by this reason, I can choose only three factions but the final game has 9 different races.

When I play this game and I think how we will be able to edit it almost at 100%, I lose my mind thinking the amount of possible mods. It can be amazing.

anguille

Post by anguille »

Looks interesting. I would like to have more information on the winning conditions, how many are available?

Thanks
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

anguille wrote:Looks interesting. I would like to have more information on the winning conditions, how many are available?
Currently the winning conditions are:
1. Extermination (obviously)
2. Domination. This is more tricky, it means you have the strongest empire and no one is close enough to challenge you. But also you need to advance quite a lot in science.
3. Diplomacing. Make other races to join you peacefully.
4. External threat. If you choose this option and is able to deal with the external threat, you win.
anguille

Post by anguille »

Ufnv wrote:
anguille wrote:Looks interesting. I would like to have more information on the winning conditions, how many are available?
Currently the winning conditions are:
1. Extermination (obviously)
2. Domination. This is more tricky, it means you have the strongest empire and no one is close enough to challenge you. But also you need to advance quite a lot in science.
3. Diplomacing. Make other races to join you peacefully.
4. External threat. If you choose this option and is able to deal with the external threat, you win.
Excellent. I don't like extermination at all (find it extremely boring) and am happy to see other options. Thanks.
MizzouRah
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by MizzouRah »

Really like the direction this game is going, love the videos!
pguyton
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by pguyton »

The real test will be Polaris vs paradox's Stellaris game these 2 seem very similar - I love the genre so I imagine I'll buy both
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

pguyton wrote:The real test will be Polaris vs paradox's Stellaris game these 2 seem very similar - I love the genre so I imagine I'll buy both
Well, there are also new MOO and Endless Space 2 coming :)
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

Endless Space games have a big problem, no mods. From Stellaris, I do not know. But these games without mods, they are forgotten very soon.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

Here you can watch some of the progress in my new mod for the non-released yet, Polaris Sector game.

I am testing the Beta and with the help from the creator, I am the first creating a mod for the game. It is great but it is not easy because I have needed to create my own tools and methods modding the game. Stuff which I will share with all you when the game be released. If you want create a new mod, my tutorials, models and tools will let you save a lot of time in developing.

As before I would like remember you how it is a video from a edited unfinished Beta and it will not be the final game at 100%.

toddtreadway
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by toddtreadway »

Regarding the Space Battles Tactical First View video, are fighters always so easily wiped out? It seems like the lone ship within a matter of seconds killed twenty fighters at maximum range.
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

toddtreadway wrote:Regarding the Space Battles Tactical First View video, are fighters always so easily wiped out? It seems like the lone ship within a matter of seconds killed twenty fighters at maximum range.
No, this really depends on technology.

In the tutorial, for example, you have a mission with 30 fighters to destroy a capital ship (battle cruiser).
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

I have uploaded two videos, one playing the galactic map and other playing a battle. I am sure how many of you will enjoy it.

A complete battle from the Empire vs Black Sun. Of course the mod is at progress and I must replace many images and more features. Other point is how the game is a beta and it is not complete yet.
But you can watch clearly a big progress, I have replaced all the starships, fighters and stations. I renamed some proyectiles and I made them with different colors and sounds.

At the end, I enjoyed a lot playing this battle. Now I must continue destroying the enemy or it will try defeat me after to start the war. Of course, I could make another start of action, I could use the diplomacy and search allies, even I could spy to the enemy and sabotage its installations. But if I had made it, I have not showed you the battle with my small but beautiful fleet.

Well, now, of course, I should research a lot more and to try build a Super Star Destroyer. Have fun.;)
Firefox440

Re: Polaris Sector - First view - with Star Wars mod Allianc

Post by Firefox440 »

A new tool has get in my hands, now I can improve all the models with cells more perfect. However, I have finished the first edit from the cells in all the models and the mod can be played better.

Remember, when you want start your mod, you will make it faster because you will have all the tools, a complete questions/answers guide, tutorials and more. :)
Attachments
PolarisSector_0054.jpg
PolarisSector_0054.jpg (162.71 KiB) Viewed 11346 times
PolarisSector_0053.jpg
PolarisSector_0053.jpg (166.44 KiB) Viewed 11346 times
PolarisSector_0052.jpg
PolarisSector_0052.jpg (148.71 KiB) Viewed 11346 times
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Polaris Sector - First view - with Star Wars mod Allianc

Post by Shards »