After Soviet Corps?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

rayduhz
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: After Soviet Corps?

Post by rayduhz »

nikivdd wrote:It is possible that a year ago Soviet Corps was regarded as the final addition to Panzer Corps but in the meantime, a bit out of the blue perhaps, operation Sea Lion has appeared. Thanks for all the people who purchased it btw!
Soviet Corps is not the final content, there will be more, at least from my part another GC. As usual, proper announcements will appear when the beta for that is ready.
Any information you can release on POST SC? Perhaps tying AK with the other campaigns? Adding alternative campaigns like PG?
NagyGL
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by NagyGL »

BiteNibbleChomp wrote:As much as I would enjoy the Pacific theatre, I think Order of Battle is (by far) the better game to play for that.

- BNC
I personally feel the same way - the US vs. Japan conflict of the Pacific theatre has been depicted by OoB decently and I am not sure I would be eager to play the same campaign with an engine not too different from OoB's - but maybe I would :). Still, I'd like it better if PzC would keep its strongest asset (grand campaigns on land) and delve into more exotic conflicts less explored in other games.

The history of China from the war with the Japanese (1937) to the end of the Civil War (1950) is interesting with several smaller conflicts and belligerents with different agendas (Communist and Nationalist China, Allies, Japan, USSR) and is well-aligned with PzC's strengths. Also, maybe a bit weird, but I would feel some exotic mini-campaigns, e.g. WW2 in Eastern Africa would be fun with some experimental mechanics (such as neutral forces, scenarios with three belligerents). It was already said, but pre-WW2 scenarios would also be interesting (e.g. Spanish civil war, Italian campaigns in Africa).

And if not WW2, there are a lot of well (e.g. Vietnam, Korea, WW1) and less explored conflicts (e.g. Russian civil war, Balkan wars) of the 20th century that would be interesting to see - but some of them are probably not mainstream enough to generate a big enough interest :)
caca
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by caca »

On the site Lords, has long been announced US Corps :wink:
smashtheaxis
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by smashtheaxis »

caca wrote:On the site Lords, has long been announced US Corps :wink:
Cool.

Here's the link:
http://www.thelordzgamesstudio.com/site/about/about-us/
Upcoming:

Panzer Corps: Soviet Corps for PC, Steam and iPad, 2016
Panzer Corps: US Corps for PC, Steam and iPad, 2016
RVallant
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by RVallant »

NagyGL wrote:
BiteNibbleChomp wrote:As much as I would enjoy the Pacific theatre, I think Order of Battle is (by far) the better game to play for that.

- BNC
I personally feel the same way - the US vs. Japan conflict of the Pacific theatre has been depicted by OoB decently and I am not sure I would be eager to play the same campaign with an engine not too different from OoB's - but maybe I would :). Still, I'd like it better if PzC would keep its strongest asset (grand campaigns on land) and delve into more exotic conflicts less explored in other games.
Gonna disagree on that, I thought OOB was poor, but the performance issues I had with that game has probably coloured my perception.

Eh, PC is my 'baby' I guess. If they do another Grand Campaign for it, that's awesome.

At some point I'd like to see PC2 with new mechanics and a more wider game. :) Something for me to look forward to when I finally finish HoI4 in 2020 perhaps? :twisted:
smashtheaxis

Post by smashtheaxis »

Since Soviet Corps features at least two battles against the Japanese, it's maybe not completely impossible that US Corps will also include missions in the Pacific?
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

smashtheaxis wrote:Since Soviet Corps features at least two battles against the Japanese, it's maybe not completely impossible that US Corps will also include missions in the Pacific?
There is OOB Pacific and there is US Corps. OOB Pacific takes action in the Pacific, US Corps does not take action in the Pacific.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
WhiteRook
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by WhiteRook »

There is OOB Pacific and there is US Corps. OOB Pacific takes action in the Pacific, US Corps does not take action in the Pacific.[/quote]

Now you see - this is why we cant have nice things! :wink:
NagyGL

Post by NagyGL »

RVallant wrote:
Gonna disagree on that, I thought OOB was poor, but the performance issues I had with that game has probably coloured my perception.

Eh, PC is my 'baby' I guess. If they do another Grand Campaign for it, that's awesome.
No, you are totally right on performance :( They have improved it a lot since release, but e.g. the AI turns still lag. I still do like, however, the scenario design and the innovations they brought to the engine (both sea and land).

But, PC Grand Campaigns are indeed also awesome :)
tenshin111

Post by tenshin111 »

nikivdd wrote:
smashtheaxis wrote:Since Soviet Corps features at least two battles against the Japanese, it's maybe not completely impossible that US Corps will also include missions in the Pacific?
There is OOB Pacific and there is US Corps. OOB Pacific takes action in the Pacific, US Corps does not take action in the Pacific.
Nice, good to know!
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

The idea of US Corps came to me when i started to play the Americans in Allied Corps. The first mission went not too bad; the enemy was only Vichy French after all, but things got terribly wrong in the second mission.
So i thought of creating a campaign, that would offer myself a better chance to win the Kasserine mission; it should be a campaign in which i can build up and cherish my army while it gains some experience and with some luck receive a couple of heroes along the way. But when i was busy playing the missions i had created up to Kasserine, i really got hooked and finally made, what i now call, a US Corps Grand Campaign. Playing as the Americans present some distinct challenges in comparison to the Germans and Soviets, equipment wise.
Scholomancer
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Scholomancer »

Yeah, that would be a great idea. I actually just played both of these scenarios for the first time ever just last week. They were the hardest scenarios I have played in a few years due to both unit inexperience, and truth be told my own inexperience in handling new units in the face of tough opponents and tough terrain.
Flaygor
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Flaygor »

nikivdd wrote:The idea of US Corps came to me when i started to play the Americans in Allied Corps. The first mission went not too bad; the enemy was only Vichy French after all, but things got terribly wrong in the second mission.
So i thought of creating a campaign, that would offer myself a better chance to win the Kasserine mission; it should be a campaign in which i can build up and cherish my army while it gains some experience and with some luck receive a couple of heroes along the way. But when i was busy playing the missions i had created up to Kasserine, i really got hooked and finally made, what i now call, a US Corps Grand Campaign. Playing as the Americans present some distinct challenges in comparison to the Germans and Soviets, equipment wise.
Sounds great! 8)

Ooh! Look at that, I turned into a strongpoint :D
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

RVallant wrote:Gonna disagree on that, I thought OOB was poor, but the performance issues I had with that game has probably coloured my perception.
Dissappointed to hear that :( . Still, I can agree that the constant lag the game suffered can be a real pain (and I can never forget that stupid glitch in US Coral Sea!).
NagyGL wrote: No, you are totally right on performance :( They have improved it a lot since release, but e.g. the AI turns still lag. I still do like, however, the scenario design and the innovations they brought to the engine (both sea and land).
^ Sums up most of what I think. ^

Only you forgot the third set of innovations, namely those in the air (torpedoes being dropped from planes are pretty cool)
NagyGL wrote: But, PC Grand Campaigns are indeed also awesome :)
I will never agree with that statement. My only Grand Campaign playthrough (the '45 chapter is in the AAR section) took me 4 years to complete and was too difficult to be worth the effort by the end. I might as well have been in charge of a real war in the amount of time I spent on this rotten thing.

Though my opinion of the thing was a lot better in '39 up to early '43. After that it became 'timewaster'

While writing this I forgot why I was bothering :lol: :lol: :lol:

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
semper_fidelis
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by semper_fidelis »

Looking at the screenshots from the Soviet Corps product website, it looks like Japanese (or Chinese?) troops are in play. I have to wonder if Banzai Corps (or something similar) might be next. Maybe focusing more on the land battles in SE Asia than the islands, but hopefully not too much naval action - the the PC engine does not handle ships very well in my opinion.
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

semper_fidelis wrote: I have to wonder if Banzai Corps (or something similar) might be next. Maybe focusing more on the land battles in SE Asia than the islands, but hopefully not too much naval action - the the PC engine does not handle ships very well in my opinion.
Check out Order of battle: Pacific and its soon to be released add-on Morning Sun. As far as i know no Banzai Corps or something similar is planned for Panzer Corps. We still got an American grand campaign coming up.

Some Sea Lion scenarios were a challenge because of the ships but it turned out quite okay on a limited scale. OOB is definitely further ahead where ships are concerned.
WhiteRook
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by WhiteRook »

nikivdd wrote: Check out Order of battle: Pacific and its soon to be released add-on Morning Sun.
Thats nice and all - but I really dont want to play as the Japs. I'm an allies only kind of guy. :wink:
peterw
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by peterw »

For me it's the opposite.
At Pacific General I had more fun playing Japan as USA.

Nevertheless next UdSSR (Soviet Corps) is planed...
My Italian Panzer Corps campaign Italia Victor!:
http://www.streitmacht.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=53
BiteNibbleChomp

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

Haven't played Pacific General, but I enjoy Japan more in most games.

One major exception: Victory in the Pacific (1977). Who doesn't like destroying the IJN war plan with 5 carriers at Singapore in Turn 2???

Slitherine should make a PC version of Victory. Would be a day 1 buy if they did! :D

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
WhiteRook
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by WhiteRook »

I don't like playing Imperial Japan, or Nazi Germany - hell I don't even like playing the Russians for that matter.
Guess I am in a very small group then, aah well I can still dream. :wink:

Return to “Panzer Corps”