Polaris Sector - First view - with Star Wars mod Alliance

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
Firefox440
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: Polaris Sector - First view - with Star Wars mod Allianc

Post by Firefox440 »

Today you can take a closer look in the Imperial units. You will discover a big change in the composition and type. I have set some of the smaller ships than 250 meters at lenght as Assault Gunboats. It will help a lot to find them in the battles.

Another change is how some of the fighters have hyperdrives.

For end, I have analized the size from units and I have made them the most realistic possible at scale. By this reason, I made the Corellian Corvette and others smaller and I needed a change of type.

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Those Super Star Destroyers are hilariously massive! Good stuff!
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

Thanks. Each faction have one super ship and speaking from today, thanks to Ufnv I get in my hands the final version from the compiled files. This files controls many parameters from the game and they must be compiled before they are added to the game.

Thanks to them, I can work in the most deeper changes without wait another new version.

The work in the designs probably will be more long than nobody imagined, it is difficult get the best size with this type of models. At least, it is very easy edit them thanks to the cells editor.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

Some news here.

This is how the selection screen from the each faction looks with the Rebel Alliance. I have added some customized graphics and the text were taken directly from wookipedia with few changes.

By default you start a campaign with one planet, you can rename the planets and systems. For the mod, I have added a list of default names added to your first planets colonizated.

I have edited the type from units making them different. Other point, in the final mod, the player will start with corvettes and frigates. At the end, the corvettes replace the assault gunboats from the original game and they are very small ships. The frigates has the place from the original corvettes in the game.

Perhaps, only perhaps, I will add another type named Super Weapons.;)

Another point is how the fighters have not hyperjump capabilities but there are medium fighters and heavy fighters which they can jump between systems. However, their range is limited by the amount of fuel.

Other point is how the shields will be researched from the begining.

If you are thinking about it, I do not want make interior from fighters, I see it totally unnecesary.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

This is my last addition. I did not like the previous way for type of units. By this reason, I reorganized them by different tech. Thanks to this, in the begining, you can play with bigger units and when you advance in the research, you can unlock powerful units.

Thanks to this, Rebels can build a Mon Calamari Cruiser in the begining from the campaign and the Empire can build the Death Star or a Super Star Destroyer with few research more.

This small change is a very big change at comparation with the original game where you start with the smaller and less powerful units in the begining and you must research the bigger units.

However, even if you can get a Imperial Star Destroyer in the begining, you can not equip it with the most powerful weapons and systems, you need research everything.

About other changes, the final amount of space units for the Rebel Alliance is 36 different units. There are units from different eras, from the Episode IV to the Dark Empire era.

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

Looks awesome!
Your mod is one of the reasons for me to purchase Polaris Sector next week :)
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

Thanks. Just a small recomendation, play some days the original game before you play the mod. You will learn all the basics from the game and you will find good or bad (depending from your tastes) the changes from the mod. With lucky and being realistic, I wait release the mod one or two weeks after the release from Polaris Sector. At least a first version from the mod, usually I upgrade my mods each few time.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

More news. The Galactic Empire will be able to build some super weapons, one of them is the Death Star. The second is the mini death star, if you are not familiarized with this design, it is a space station with a smaller super laser.

Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

Tomorrow Polaris Sector will be released. However, I will continue working in my mod some time more. You can see here the part of the work finished today. There are 6 new ships added to the mod, four for the Empire, the Bayonet Light Cruiser, the Eidolon, the Harrow Star Destroyer, the Vengeance Super Star Destroyer and two more for the Black Sun, the Kedalbe MKII and Kedalbe III.

About some changes. I know how few days ago, I told how the addition from fighter with hyperdrive but at the end, I have removed this feature. By several reasons. It worked but the movement from the fighters was not equal and it was very difficult avoid the creation from them with items more from a bigger ship, by example a hangar.

When you buy the original game, you will understand better the last changes. However, if you do not like them. You will be able edit them when I release the mod.

yarin1401
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by yarin1401 »

could you make a mod for stellaris? it would be cool.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

Four points more or less.

-Stellaris has not been released.

-It looks more as a strategic game than tactical, very complex.

-Before make a mod, you need know how edit it and the creators must like the mods. I have not a answer for these.

-I would not make a mod following the suggestions from other people and if I would not like to play it. Specially the last. I have been following Stellaris proyect and I am not very excited.
yarin1401

Post by yarin1401 »

ok
boatrigm
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by boatrigm »

Plan to buy game when the mod is released. Looking forward to the mod!

Great work!!!!

-Mike
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

If you are waiting the mod, I recomend you to buy the game now. By three reasons, there is a 10% discount this week, you must play the original before or you will not understand the complex things from the mod and I will release it soon. You can be sure at 100% about how this mod will be finished before my birthday.;)
AlexBTex
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by AlexBTex »

Nomada_Firefox wrote:If you are waiting the mod, I recomend you to buy the game now. By three reasons, there is a 10% discount this week, you must play the original before or you will not understand the complex things from the mod and I will release it soon. You can be sure at 100% about how this mod will be finished before my birthday.;)
When's your birthday? :P
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

You will need to discover it by yourself. But the mod will be finished very soon. Just mostly, I am waiting the release from a special modding patch where I can add things as heroes.
AlexBTex

Post by AlexBTex »

Nomada_Firefox wrote:You will need to discover it by yourself. But the mod will be finished very soon. Just mostly, I am waiting the release from a special modding patch where I can add things as heroes.
My investigation did not bring anything :) Probably the information is hidden in your site, waiting for the admin account activation :roll:
If you do in your mode automatic colonization in player's painted areas will be very cool.

P.S. I've already got the release and completed the game. The game is very good, just great.
Slimak81
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Slimak81 »

How to participate in early mod testing ? :D
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

Sorry but I do not make early mod testing. I do not see it neccesary, I will release the mod to everybody soon. By default, I prefer release a beta version and next upgrade it with the past of the time. However, this mod will be very finished.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

I have uploaded a new video. Now with the game released, I continue my mod. Each day it looks better. The last changes has been very good.

Here, you can watch how the mod will add customized campaigns with less factions, more of one planet in the begining and more.

Other additions which I believe how I can confirm, it will be the heroes. Soon a modding patch will be released and it will add a new feature thought for the modding, heroes.

About this video, there is a battle, one difficult by the amount of fighters from the enemy. About my units, with exception from a old Imperial Dreadnought, all the others were Bayonet Light Cruisers and some TIE Bombers/TIE Interceptors. I have reduced the size from fighters but not too much because I want see them in the battlefield. Perhaps it is not fully realistic but it looks good.

Other point are the turbolaser colors, I added at my ships, red, green and blue for testing. At least by the moment, all the factions have access to these different colors. There are other weapons in the video edited as the Ion Guns (look the Dreadnought) and the flak guns at fighters (a orange proyectile).

Return to “Polaris Sector”