Panzer Corps difficulty levels overview

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

What difficulty level(s) do you prefer in Panzer Corps?

Sergeant
3%
Lieutenant
6%
Colonel
31%
General
19%
Field Marshal
25%
Guderian
1%
Manstein
4%
Rommel
11%

Total votes: 191

ptje63
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: Panzer Corps difficulty levels overview

Post by ptje63 »

I play FM, with AI level 2, limited dice chess, 1.14 rules and play with 3 or 4 11-strength units to compensate for AI's units throughout the game with 10+ strength.
Flaygor
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Flaygor »

I like to play Colonel and then tweak the difficulty as I go along. This way I can always ease off a bit on a particularly tricky scenario or pump up the enemy if I'm feeling brave.

Currently I like to give the enemy +1 strength and allow myself a larger core to compensate. This produces some real carnage especially when all the late war Soviet armour is coming at you +1! :shock:

I believe the other bonus of this is that you have more enemy to kill so your experience goes up faster which compensates for the increased enemy strength.
Wavell1940
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Wavell1940 »

Hello. I'm relatively new to PC and have a basic question about difficulty levels. I'm currently playing the Grand Campaign '39 on Colonel, but would like to change the difficulty level to General without restarting the whole campaign. Is there a way to do this? I've checked the manual and message boards without success and would be very grateful for any advice. I have PC update 1.25. Apologies if I've missed something obvious. Many thanks.
Longasc
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Longasc »

After you won/lost a scenario, you can change the difficulty on the Victory/Loss screen before advancing to the next scenario.
Wavell1940

Post by Wavell1940 »

Many thanks Longasc.
OldFocker
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by OldFocker »

Hmmm. I must be doing something wrong or am rubbish at this game considering I play the scenarios as Lieutenant and struggle to capture ALL the nominated objectives. Some are miles away and some are defended with such tenacity no artillery, bombs, rockets or infantry will shift 'em! Maybe I'd do better in a campaign.
When I used to play Steel Panthers I succeeded at most games, yet in Panzer Corps it seems I've a long way to go in order to be remotely good playing as Colonel or Field Marshal. But I think I'll give it a go just to see what happens.
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

OldFocker wrote:Hmmm. I must be doing something wrong or am rubbish at this game considering I play the scenarios as Lieutenant and struggle to capture ALL the nominated objectives. Some are miles away and some are defended with such tenacity no artillery, bombs, rockets or infantry will shift 'em! Maybe I'd do better in a campaign.
When I used to play Steel Panthers I succeeded at most games, yet in Panzer Corps it seems I've a long way to go in order to be remotely good playing as Colonel or Field Marshal. But I think I'll give it a go just to see what happens.

I recommend going through the tutorial to make sure you understand the finer aspects that are meant to be employed in this great game.
It covers some of the finer points and can go long to help you understand the intricacies when planning out and applying your strategy.

In other words if you just move and shoot you will lose.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
OldFocker
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by OldFocker »

goose_2 wrote:In other words if you just move and shoot you will lose.
Yes, I do better than that but I'll check out the tutorial again. Even so, in the Overlord scenario I see squads of ordinary British infantry knocking out 4 Tigers without loss to themselves. Also, the allied open-topped tanks and SPGs miraculously survive waves of 87G attacks. I thought investing in some dive bombers would be a good tactic...but evidently Panzer Corps allied tanks are in the main impervious to German air attacks. Funny that, not.

I played at Colonel level and didn't notice any difference over Lieutenant. Maybe it's just that me and this game don't hit it off! I wish Steel Panthers could get a 2016 makeover.
captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by captainjack »

You could try adjusting the Combat Random settings in the Advanced Tab.

The middle setting (Dice chess) allows a variation of +/-2 from the predicted result. This allows reasonable variability while removing the more extreme results - eg 10 strong Polish Infantry all rolling 1% to hit, while your unit rolls a full set of misses.
It reduced my stress levels.
dks
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by dks »

captainjack wrote:You could try adjusting the Combat Random settings in the Advanced Tab.

The middle setting (Dice chess) allows a variation of +/-2 from the predicted result. This allows reasonable variability while removing the more extreme results - eg 10 strong Polish Infantry all rolling 1% to hit, while your unit rolls a full set of misses.
It reduced my stress levels.
stress.... :lol: I have almost thrown my pc and monitor out the window the last couple days playing the GC campaign at FM normal combat Random/Etc. in 1940 :shock: I swear I have had more rugged defense by Dutch infantry that are in clear terrain after being suppressed shelled and in the red and THEN I attack with a Pz IVD at 273 experience and the Dutch casually walk away :roll: anyways sure hope the Russian's don't hear about my lousy luck :shock:

oh well, got my blood pressure back down and started over again and getting at least more prestige :mrgreen:
ptje63

Post by ptje63 »

Yes the Dutch scenario is one that for strange reasons seems more difficult. As a Dutchman I could ferl proud but it remains frustrating. Also.... never knew we had that much armour in those days :shock:

Return to “Panzer Corps”