Encirclement

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Alexander1
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Encirclement

Post by Alexander1 »

How about introducing some kind of effects of encirclement? Progressive increase of suppressed points of encicled unit with each turn? Prohibition of replacements/refit?
McGuba did interesting script in Battlefield Europe and Touran campaigns when groups of units started to surrender after being encircled.
proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: Encirclement

Post by proline »

Alexander1 wrote:How about introducing some kind of effects of encirclement? Progressive increase of suppressed points of encicled unit with each turn? Prohibition of replacements/refit?
McGuba did interesting script in Battlefield Europe and Touran campaigns when groups of units started to surrender after being encircled.
Already done- just try playing the game. Encircled units get less or no replacements and supply based on the degree of encirclement, and attacks against them benefit from a mass attack bonus.
robman
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by robman »

Plus encircled units DO surrender, if they are forced to retreat but can't.
captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by captainjack »

robman wrote:Plus encircled units DO surrender,
Forcing surrenders can be a good combat tactic, especially against powerful units generally if you have plenty of artillery and a decent strategic bomber or two, as a weak attack can then take out a powerful unit. It is also effective on defence. In both cases, the fact you get surrender prestige is a useful bonus, but the removal of an enemy unit with low risk is the real prize. .
Stephen1024
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Stephen1024 »

I also say forcing surrenders is good tactic against human players, it will counter persons ability field full force by forcing them buy new unit and keeps your army safe during move. Ambushing humans is good tactic to as humans will move without always having recon.
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

Stephen1024 wrote: Ambushing humans is good tactic to as humans will move without always having recon.

That is why I always play with undo off, thanks to the tutelage of my mentor Hollowlolo ;)
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Rifraff
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Rifraff »

Undo off is great, makes you think more.never tried that before until the multiplayer tournament.

Very hard to force a surrender against a human opponent of the same skill level..

Fist pumping moment when it does happen though.
Rifraff
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Rifraff »

And of course all the stars must have aligned for my opponent to have surrounded one of my troops...
Stephen1024

Post by Stephen1024 »

I noticed best way for surrenders is you attack inline fill up holes around opponents units, then supress with arty and finish. Thanks Goose learned that one from you.

Also best on tight maps like cities.

But yes on open maps with out having tight line it hard get surrenders.

That opens question is it good to have bigger group to try for surrenders, or space out try multiple targets.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Stephen1024 wrote:I noticed best way for surrenders is you attack inline fill up holes around opponents units, then supress with arty and finish. Thanks Goose learned that one from you.

This is what separates the men from the boys in mp. ;)
Learned this the hard way from my mentor Hollowlolo
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

Return to “Panzer Corps”