PHCAS Final MOD (v012)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

phcas
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: PHCAS Final MOD (RELEASED)

Post by phcas »

Georg1941 wrote:Hey, I do not know what I'm doing wrong when instalici.
When you start from the main menu or selecting 1939 DLC 1939 - you see this map - I think it is not Final mod.
I do not know where I'm wrong. Please help with installation.
I'm so sorry to bother you again.
No this is not the mod. I also see you have different graphics of Pz-II and Pz-III tanks.

PHCAS final mod is made for Panzer Corps v126

The following addons must be installed:

Afrika Korps
Grand (mega) Campaign 39-45 DLC
Allied Corps
Sealion
Soviet Corps
US Corps

--------------------------------------
1. Install a clean copy of PC v126 with the addons

2. Overwrite all files in the "Panzer Corps" map
Ralle
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Ralle »

The map looks like nikivdd`s GC DLCs upgrade project.
phcas

Post by phcas »

Busy for the US Corps
Attachments
10.jpg
10.jpg (98.05 KiB) Viewed 3628 times
11.jpg
11.jpg (94.45 KiB) Viewed 3628 times
phcas

Post by phcas »

Update v001 is online now.

Downloadlink in the first post.

================
PHCAS_UPDATE_001
================

*New folder in the "Panzer Corps" folder, called "Optional". You may find things you like in there. Have a look.

*Updated USA units. Try the US Corps Campaign.

*Over 220 colored heroes portraits added.

*Allied Corps and Afrika Corps new start screens.

*Some new music menu/ingame.

*Removed some errors.

For the next update:

Because of a change in the Land transport data from "Land" to 12 different kinds for all countries, a problem showed up. In the not reworked scenarios (all of them) errors can show up about the transports. You can stil play all scenarios but you sometimes miss a transport. To fix this problem, first all countries Land transport data have to be reworked. After that the scenarios can be reworked by me. If I start reworking now, I can do it again after a new country is reworked.

What I tell you is that there will be first massive database updates in the coming updates before new campaigns can be reworked. Already busy :)

Greetings PHCAS
mc261209
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by mc261209 »

how to install ?
phcas

Post by phcas »

mc261209 wrote:how to install ?
Just overwrite: Copy "Panzer Corps" (UPDATE) folder over your "Panzer Corps" (GAME) folder and say yes

Down under in the startscreen you can see with small letters with update is installed:

PHCAS MOD PC v1.26 - updated v001
glaude1955
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by glaude1955 »

Bonjour PHCAS,
Merci pour cette mise à jour.
Je rejouerai la GC 39 avec plaisir (elle s'arrête prématurément à Warsaw).
J'ai essayé l'US 42 mais les mélanges des nouvelles unités et des unités de la vanilla gâche un peu mon plaisir.
Tu as fait du très bon boulôt, prends ton temps pour la suite, ce sera fabuleux .
Bon courage
Yves

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello PHCAS,
Thank you for this update.
I play again with pleasure the GC 39 (it stops prematurely in Warsaw).
I tried the US 42 but mixtures of new units and units of the vanilla just spoils my pleasure.
You did a very good job, take your time for the continuation, it will be fabulous.
Courage
Yves
phcas

Post by phcas »

glaude1955 wrote:Bonjour PHCAS,
Merci pour cette mise à jour.
Je rejouerai la GC 39 avec plaisir (elle s'arrête prématurément à Warsaw).
J'ai essayé l'US 42 mais les mélanges des nouvelles unités et des unités de la vanilla gâche un peu mon plaisir.
Tu as fait du très bon boulôt, prends ton temps pour la suite, ce sera fabuleux .
Bon courage
Yves

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello PHCAS,
Thank you for this update.
I play again with pleasure the GC 39 (it stops prematurely in Warsaw).
I tried the US 42 but mixtures of new units and units of the vanilla just spoils my pleasure.
You did a very good job, take your time for the continuation, it will be fabulous.
Courage
Yves
Hello Yves,

I know. I will spent the coming time to replace all old vanilla graphics in the game. You will be happy in a few weeks.

Greetings PHCAS
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

phcas wrote:Update v001 is online now.

Downloadlink in the first post.
Many thanks for first Update! :D
phcas

Post by phcas »

Magic1111 wrote:Many thanks for first Update! :D
Your welcome magic1111
Cataphract88
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Cataphract88 »

Thanks a lot for your great mod. :D
Richard
phcas

Post by phcas »

Richard1 wrote:Thanks a lot for your great mod. :D
Only the beginning.......... Thanks
Skylar27
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Skylar27 »

Waitin' anxiously for v2
glaude1955

Post by glaude1955 »

Bonjour PHCAS,

J'ai rejoué la GC vanilla en attendant patiemment la sortie de tes nouvelles unités "vanilla"
Le fait d'ajouter le drapeau national est une très bonne idée mais on rencontre un problème lorsqu'une nation utilise un matériel étranger (acheté ou capturé).
Dans Piatek et Wyszogrod, des chars français R35 apparaissent avec le drapeau français.
Pour remédier à cela, je pense qu'il faut créer dans la base des données des unités "capturées" avec leur nouveau drapeau national et ensuite modifier les scénarios "vanilla" en conséquence.

Hello PHCAS,

I replayed the GC vanilla waiting patiently for the release of your new units "vanilla"
The addition of the national flag is a very good idea but we have a problem when a nation uses foreign equipment (purchased or captured).
In Piatek and Wyszogrod, French tanks R35 appear with the French flag.
To remedy this, I think we need to create in the data units "Unit captured" with his new national flag and then change scenarios "vanilla" accordingly.
Regards

Yves
phcas

Post by phcas »

glaude1955 wrote:Bonjour PHCAS,

J'ai rejoué la GC vanilla en attendant patiemment la sortie de tes nouvelles unités "vanilla"
Le fait d'ajouter le drapeau national est une très bonne idée mais on rencontre un problème lorsqu'une nation utilise un matériel étranger (acheté ou capturé).
Dans Piatek et Wyszogrod, des chars français R35 apparaissent avec le drapeau français.
Pour remédier à cela, je pense qu'il faut créer dans la base des données des unités "capturées" avec leur nouveau drapeau national et ensuite modifier les scénarios "vanilla" en conséquence.

Hello PHCAS,

I replayed the GC vanilla waiting patiently for the release of your new units "vanilla"
The addition of the national flag is a very good idea but we have a problem when a nation uses foreign equipment (purchased or captured).
In Piatek and Wyszogrod, French tanks R35 appear with the French flag.
To remedy this, I think we need to create in the data units "Unit captured" with his new national flag and then change scenarios "vanilla" accordingly.
Regards

Yves
Hello Yves, The French R35 will be Polish in the next update. At the end there will be no problems like this at all anymore. I am reworking the Unit database in combination with the unit graphics. This will mess up some smal things in some scenario's. This will all be fixed in comming updates. I know the problems and it will all be fixed but time...time...time. It cost so much time!

I will put update v002 online for you today, have a look at the improved Italian units.

Regards PHCAS
phcas

Post by phcas »

Update v002 is online.

Update of graphics, most Italian and some new units.

This update is not so big, but it improves. Try Allied campaign the first 3 scenarios.
Skylar27
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Skylar27 »

PHCAS

In the purchase screen there's no Panzer IIIF ... the tank is there but no picture
phcas

Post by phcas »

53rdVaInf wrote:PHCAS

In the purchase screen there's no Panzer IIIF ... the tank is there but no picture
Thanks, it will be fixed in the next update
mc261209
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by mc261209 »

In mod equipment are historically accurate?
phcas

Post by phcas »

mc261209 wrote:In mod equipment are historically accurate?
Equipment must be historically accurate. The game is not. I see in the US Campaign some equipment to early. And what is your timeline? The US 155mm M12 was built and ready in 1943. The first use after D-Day 1944. And even some books and the web give different information.

The sFH18 150mm Howitzer was built from 1933-1945. In the game it appears on 5-5-1940. It should be there in 1-9-1939. So we also have to deal with gameplay. You can see that the PC campaigns starts with "lighter" artillery and later on more heavy equipment will come. This is not always historical. The question in gameplay is: Why should the player buy 75mm artillery guns if he can buy 150mm artillery guns with much better numbers. Things will go historically wrong in the game as a player can end up with 25 Tiger II units.

The same with the first scenario's no aircraft like Allied Campaign.

Than you also have to deal with numbers. The German K3 240mm Gun, only 20 were made in WWII. If the gun will be in the normal purchase screen, you can end your campaign in 1945 with all your artillery as K3 240mm guns. This is not what we want. A second problem is the AI. By adding new units, things can happen. I can see in the game that for example in a Poland scenario the AI starts to purchase R35 tanks in great numbers. We do not want that.

An other thing to think of in balance. In the Norway campaign only, the Germans used the panzer NbFz. How nice is it that this unit really shows up! I like it. But only 3 were built in WWII, it was a prototype. What strenght do you give this unit? Under 5 will be useless in the game but historically it should be 1 or less. We also have to prevent that the AI can purchase this unit and disturb the balance.

Other dilemma. 653 and 654 were the only units using the ferdinand. They will show up in the mod (future). Must the Ferdinand still be in the purchase screen for the player to buy or should it be removed out of the purchase screen? A question between freedom for the player or history.

So as you can see it's not so easy. It has to be a mix of balance, gameplay and history.

Anyway, by making this mod and reworking the scenario's, much more history will show up. By using historical units and block the purchase screen for this units, history is there. The timeline will give this units their historical equipment.

At the end the mod will give 2 ways to play Panzer Corps:
*So historically as possible with less freedom for the player to buy what he wants.
*With unchanged scenarios only much more units and freedom for the player what to buy.

Greetings PHCAS

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”