Is there any plans to revisit pacific after winter war?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

simcc
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Is there any plans to revisit pacific after winter war?

Post by simcc »

Dear developers,

Just curious will you guys be expanding on pacific theater after winter war project or will you guys move into Europe theater?

I am still very eager to see pacific war expanded. Can't get enough of it as the vanila campaign is just too short and a lot of battle is still missing like Hong Kong, Malaya, Singapore, Indonesia, Burma etc.

Also most DLC don't have naval battle to play and I miss naval actions, OOB have the best naval action play so far.

Playing Europe with OOB engine is fun but I guess I am not that eager as PzC covers most of it and I find it not so interesting replaying Europe to be honest. Over 2k gameplay hour on PzC makes me abit bored to replay Europe on a different engine
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: Is there any plans to revisit pacific after winter war?

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

I don't really see the point of a Hong Kong map - the garrison there sucked and was wiped out rather quickly. Burma sounds interesting though (I like the idea of busting through there as the Japs and taking India :twisted: )

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal »

We're still planning to do a British centered campaign and possibly a Chinese one. Some European theatre stuff will come first though.
thenewromance
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by thenewromance »

British Pacific/Southeast Asia would be much appreciated. It'd be pretty unique in a strategy game, Chinese even more so. I hope you're heading down that route, but I'm optimistic, as the Winter War isn't exactly common in games either :)
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

adherbal wrote:We're still planning to do a British centered campaign and possibly a Chinese one. Some European theatre stuff will come first though.
thenewromance wrote:British Pacific/Southeast Asia would be much appreciated. It'd be pretty unique in a strategy game, Chinese even more so. I hope you're heading down that route, but I'm optimistic, as the Winter War isn't exactly common in games either :)
Yes, I think they are doing things right. Most of this WW2 genre starts, and ends, in Europe. Not OOB.

Starting in the Pacific was unique to begin with. Then D-Day and the glorious march to the Rhine, yes? No. Instead, a Japanese campaign to subjugate China in a brutal war that took place even before most people think of WW2 as having begun: 1941 or 1939. And much more interesting and challenging than I gave it credit for before playing it.

Then a focus on the U.S. Marines in the Pacific. Well, at least much of the scenery and many of the units could be reused! But I have not played it yet so, having learned my lesson with Morning Sun, I am reserving judgment.

Now for Europe? Okay, but let's start not with Germany invading Poland yet, eh? Let's hold off on the Americans coming to save the day in France, Italy, or even North Africa.

Let's instead take a look at how valiant Finnish ski troops fared against Soviet armor. I cannot wait to find out. (Hmmm. I just realized, who will the player play as in that campaign, Finland or the Soviet Union? As in Morning Sun, I have dropped my natural affinity for the underdog and will accept either side. Whether I am the one to "welcome the enemy to a freezing hell of ice and fire" or I AM the enemy being subjected to it!)
- Bru
richfed
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by richfed »

Order of Battle is a cut above! I'm confident the game will remain fresh, vibrant & unique.
simcc

Post by simcc »

They have my support hahaha and I do hope one day I can play it as chinese underdogs hahahaha
BiteNibbleChomp

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

bru888 wrote: Let's instead take a look at how valiant Finnish ski troops fared against Soviet armor. I cannot wait to find out. (Hmmm. I just realized, who will the player play as in that campaign, Finland or the Soviet Union? As in Morning Sun, I have dropped my natural affinity for the underdog and will accept either side. Whether I am the one to "welcome the enemy to a freezing hell of ice and fire" or I AM the enemy being subjected to it!)
Its Finland. The screenshots all show the USSR stuff with fog of war, but nothing Finnish is in it.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
WarHomer
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by WarHomer »

I do hope they get moving with grand campaigns soon. Preferably something with both land, air and sea.

I also wouldn´t mind a bit more "what if" scenarios.

I also really enjoy the aspect of core units, carry-over and upgrading and almost dont like to play the last mission since its goodbye to my units after that.
richfed

Post by richfed »

Yes, I love the carryover of units throughout the campaign. Being able to rename them is also a plus. Makes you try to protect your "men" all the more!

Return to “Order of Battle Series”