Does anyone still play Time of Wrath?

PC : Epic WW2 grand strategy game covering the European theatre.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Time of Fury Design

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Does anyone still play Time of Wrath?

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

I've looked all around the internet and the last post anyone made about the game was at least 2 years ago (discounting a couple of what are useless to me threads on steam). Even the Time of Fury board hasn't hardly been posted on for ages. :(

Because I found a bug. I was going to PM doomtrader, who I understand to be the programmer. Except he hasn't been on for 14 months either :evil:

Whenever I load up the 1944 scenario as Germany, the fleet button causes a CTD. Even when I move half a dozen ground units first. The fleet button works perfectly fine for Great Britain, and even for SWITZERLAND!!!, but doesn't work for Germany.

I'm using patch 190 and wanted to play Germany 1944 (they seem to have enough stuff to turn the tide), but I need those troops from Norway and Finland.

Does anyone know the fix?

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: Here's the consoleout file if that is any use (2mb txt file): https://www.mediafire.com/?9rep418i5yhy89n
Most of it seems to be endless lists of "X is in fleet Y", lists of supply, <expression> found at row ###, and repeated lists of city names. However I saw a few entries with !!! and then some Polish stuff.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
BiteNibbleChomp

Re: Does anyone still play Time of Wrath?

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

Good news, I found the solution. Russia also had the problem.

In the naval_units.csv file, all of the Russian units are labelled as type '41' '42' and '43', while every other country is 0 1 2 or 3. Changing these values to 1 2 and 3 fixes the problem :D

Can a moderator please lock this thread now? I have no more use for it.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Does anyone still play Time of Wrath?

Post by zakblood »

i still have it, but don't play it that often, so will check the files and see if it helps me also, thanks BNC

Return to “Time of Fury”