Tons of new content and a new expansion for Order of Battle!

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Tons of new content and a new expansion for Order of Battle!

Post by AlbertoC »

The hit Order of Battle: World War II will be expanded with a new campaign DLC focused on the first blitzkrieg wars of Germany in the Second World War, and a free major update!

Order of Battle: Blitzkrieg

On 1 September 1939, under the pretext of reclaiming the city of Danzig, German armed forces invade Poland. Honoring their diplomatic treaties and driven by the desire to maintain the balance of power in Europe, France and Great Britain swiftly declare war on Germany. This chain of events sets in motion the greatest war the world has ever seen: a Second World War...

Order of Battle: Blitzkrieg brings you to those frantic years which saw Germany successfully incorporating modern aircraft and tank technology in their military doctrine, and then unleashing their newly rebuilt war machine on the rest of Europe. This new DLC aims at representing those years and those brilliant campaigns, from the invasion of Poland to the Fall of 1941 and the Wehrmacht advance being halted only by the cold bite of Russian winter.

It brings several new nations, tons of new units and 12 new scenarios! Pure, unadultered, 100% Blitzkrieg gameplay.

Get more information on the product page.

Important: the game is entering its beta testing phase; we need your help to quash bugs and we want to hear your feedback, so please feel free to apply here. It’d be of great help!

A new major update for Order of Battle: World War II

The Blitzkrieg DLC will be accompanied by a big free update to the base game! What does it add?

Well, along with many balance changes and bugfixes, a brand new Specialization System is being added to the game! Complete major and minor objectives during scenarios and earn Specialization points, then spend them in the Specialization tree and completely customize your army as you see fit.

It’s not all. We’re adding a new Import Tool to carry over your core army between campaigns! Play through Morning Sun, then carry over your troops to Rising Sun! Or maybe play through the entirety of the Blitzkrieg campaign, and then use your battle hardened regiments in future-yet-to-be-announced campaigns ;) I’m probably speaking too much here.

All this juicy stuff – and more - is coming soon, sooner than you expect probably. Stay tuned, Order of Battle has much more up its sleeve.
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Tons of new content and a new expansion for Order of Bat

Post by bru888 »

Believe me, I am "staying tuned." :shock:
- Bru
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

Im staying tuned too!! It is great that you put features like ARMY core...Sounds very interesting. Please add the skin camouflage option too because it is still doesnt work...
IckieStickie
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by IckieStickie »

Looks great as usual,another one i will add no doubt to the rest.Would be great if you guys would consider at least implementing an "option" to use Classic flags for Germany as i know i'm not the only who thinks that German Cross just doesn't look right.It's become one of the First things i notice now in a Ww2 Wargame.At least give the Country it's proper Flag no?What does anyone else here think?Would be great to know your opinion too folks.
Mojko
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Mojko »

Wow, I think I might replay the Japanese campaigns just for the new experience :)
Author and maintainer of Unit Navigator Tool for Order Of Battle (http://mfendek.byethost16.com/)
bru888

Post by bru888 »

IckieStickie wrote:Looks great as usual,another one i will add no doubt to the rest.Would be great if you guys would consider at least implementing an "option" to use Classic flags for Germany as i know i'm not the only who thinks that German Cross just doesn't look right.It's become one of the First things i notice now in a Ww2 Wargame.At least give the Country it's proper Flag no?What does anyone else here think?Would be great to know your opinion too folks.
You mean the swastika? I agree with you but I can see why developers would shy away from using it, these days. Too much PC baggage.
- Bru
mhladnik
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by mhladnik »

Legal reasons. It's just so much easier - Germany, for instance, won't allow its use on products for children (and, sadly, games and scale models count as children-oriented), only in academic, historical use, etc. Others can fill in the details, but I have the gist of it right, I think. Some other countries may have similar laws. Anyway, too much hassle for the developers, who would have to make sure to sell different version in different territories and make sure they are not available in the wrong ones.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

standard NATO counters in the next update ?
Rood
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Rood »

IckieStickie wrote:Looks great as usual,another one i will add no doubt to the rest.Would be great if you guys would consider at least implementing an "option" to use Classic flags for Germany as i know i'm not the only who thinks that German Cross just doesn't look right.It's become one of the First things i notice now in a Ww2 Wargame.At least give the Country it's proper Flag no?What does anyone else here think?Would be great to know your opinion too folks.
Can be modded?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Order of Battle Pacific\Order of Battle - WW2_Data\Content\Graphics\flags

Never tried it though, but I assume that if you change the graphics here these changes will show up in-game?
Rood

Post by Rood »

terminator wrote:standard NATO counters in the next update ?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Order of Battle Pacific\Order of Battle - WW2_Data\Content\Graphics\Counters contains a file called "NATOcounters.tga". And it does indeed some very basic nato counters but how to enable these game (or do they show up in the overview map? Not sure about that.)
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

Rood wrote:
Can be modded?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Order of Battle Pacific\Order of Battle - WW2_Data\Content\Graphics\flags

Never tried it though, but I assume that if you change the graphics here these changes will show up in-game?
You have to find all instances of the flag and change them all, but yes it can be modded.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
robbyivens
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by robbyivens »

Beautiful!

OoB with the blitzkrieg;

It's like panzer general but with fewer units and much better graphics & game engine.
I'm looking forward to it!
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

Can´t wait for the expansion... :wink:
robbyivens
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by robbyivens »

I strongly agree with You.
But do you mean the swastika?
The game developers can't do that.
Althought it's historicaly correct , the games company could be sued for nazi sympathizants.
That's why I think they go for a more symplistic view of vlag.
greeting's
Robby
wargamend
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by wargamend »

any news about skirmish mode? hopefully skirmish mode will also be included in this BIG BIG update :D
ikbenrichard
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by ikbenrichard »

wargamend wrote:any news about skirmish mode? hopefully skirmish mode will also be included in this BIG BIG update :D
If not then a nice future for the next big update.
Texassundown
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Texassundown »

Pleeeese, Please, Please, give us the skirmish mode, if not in this update, then SOOOOOON, PLEASE!!!! Niles Gotta have it! LOL
Mark50
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Mark50 »

Is it too early to ask what the new factions will be? I could see Poland, Norway, Belgium and France in your pictures (adding to the UK, Germany, the Soviet Union and Finland) and I`m guessing Greece and Yugoslavia based on your scenarios. Any other for the eastern front?
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Current list of scns from the product page:

Mława
Warsaw
Norway
Belgium
Fall Rot
Dunkirk
Yugoslavia
Greece
Minsk
Smolensk
Kiev
Moscow

(Dunkirk is before Red tho).
robbyivens
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by robbyivens »

When does the beta start?
I've enlisted & I'm eager to participate.
Greeting's
Robby

Return to “Order of Battle Series”