B44 for BA2 - Multiplayer Campaign League

Forum for the organisation of official and user tournaments or leagues.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

bruce1944
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: B44 for BA2 - Multiplayer Campaign League

Post by bruce1944 »

Don't much care for the bombard idea. Never a fan of those. On to another thought, now that the Ruskies have driven us back(I guess) , what happens now??? :D :D :D
Brummbar44
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Brummbar44 »

skyrider wrote:On to another thought, now that the Ruskies have driven us back(I guess) , what happens now??? :D :D :D
Your victory outside of Moscow has a big implication. Moscow is now within reach and the Soviet center forces are at a disadvantage in pressing their attacks.

I'll be posting the next turn info soon...just wanted to make sure that folks have had a chance to comment on any changes.
MacD2013
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MacD2013 »

skyrider wrote:Don't much care for the bombard idea. Never a fan of those. On to another thought, now that the Ruskies have driven us back(I guess) , what happens now??? :D :D :D
I didn't mean a bombard like the wait 4 rounds and then huge bombardment. I meant like in a game of 22 rounds, say German players have a particular amount of shells to work with the 150 on. German players get to decide when and how they use the shells, maybe a German player goes 5 rounds in a row, then takes 2 off etc. It will all be based on how the player wants to use them, instead of rotating each round. Much like smoke rounds as Brummbar said.
bruce1944

Post by bruce1944 »

I get your idea and I like it. However Brummbar44 pointed out that it does not work. So we are stuck with what we have.
MacD2013
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MacD2013 »

Oh I didn't see that, shoot.
bruce1944

Post by bruce1944 »

I think one fundamental fact is being overlooked. The German lost 5 of 6 games. They must need help. :D
Brummbar44

Post by Brummbar44 »

Ok, I think I may have something of a fix.

How about an increase in fire rate (back to the standard 1/turn) but... it is less accurate?

After some trials, I found that it was just as accurate as the mortars. As a gunner, I personally know the inaccuracy of guns. So I've adjusted it for a spread of 6 instead of 2. What this means is instead of hitting the target square or an adjacent square, any one of it's shots can be out by a few squares. This will prove dangerous to use around your own troops (danger close!).

Want to give that a try?
bruce1944

Post by bruce1944 »

Hey fellow gunner! M101A1 105 here. ( old guy) How about you change it to a 4 instead 6 ( you can always adjust it up if it proves to effective) . If that is possible. I think the battle for Moscow is going to be a close affair. The attacking force is going to need all the help it can get. The 15cm is the only offensive weapon with a reach the Germans have that can destroy a T34 at distance. I had an 88 in the last game and you know those are great in Defense if protected but not so hot on the move. At least in the games I have played so far. :D By the way wasn't danger close call 500 meters.
Brummbar44

Post by Brummbar44 »

skyrider wrote:Hey fellow gunner! M101A1 105 here. ( old guy)
My means of delivery as well! Ubique!
skyrider wrote:How about you change it to a 4
Good call. Did some more testing and I think it works well now. It's still as powerful as it was but not as accurate. So while one round may land (or not) on target the other ones may miss that square (or not). But it certainly isn't as devastating as it was (in my test, a Soviet militia got lucky and didn't get scratched...while the next shots still took out a tank).

I think we can make that adjustment then and move on unless there are any other comments about any of the other changes coming in Turn 5? Let me know soon...
bruce1944

Post by bruce1944 »

I'm good with the changes, as far as I am concerned lets have at it! :D :D Thanks for your patience :D
Brummbar44

Post by Brummbar44 »

Ok folks, map and situation information updated.

As mentioned earlier, the Ordering sequence is now reversed.

There is a new campaign file for the updated Army List (15cm fires every round again, but isn't as accurate). So be sure to get that, hopefully we will be able to use that for the rest of the game.

I've been tardy with updating the Campaign Info and the animated maps...but hope to get those up soon. In the meantime, let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Oh, and the next Turn is an Attack/Defend skirmish. Should be interesting as the siege of Moscow is about to begin even while the Soviets forces their way back to the start line!
bruce1944

Post by bruce1944 »

Hmmm maybe my brain has taken vacation(likely event) but don't seem to be able to download army list
Brummbar44

Post by Brummbar44 »

My error. Now working properly. Try again and let me know if there is still a problem.
bruce1944

Post by bruce1944 »

Thank goodness! I would have no idea where to look for my mind!!
MacD2013
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MacD2013 »

With the sequence change does that mean I choose where the secondary battles take place?
Brummbar44

Post by Brummbar44 »

MacD2013 wrote:With the sequence change does that mean I choose where the secondary battles take place?
Correct. In essence it's a flip of the way it was done last turn.
bruce1944

Post by bruce1944 »

The original sequence for ordering was as follows… 1. Soviet Field Marshal posts Divisions for the next Skirmishes 2. German Field Marshal posts Divisions and Generals for the next Skirmishes. 3. Soviet FM posts Generals and Skirmishes can then begin.
So I believe the sequence now is 1.German posts Divisions for the next Skirmishes 2.Soviet Field Marshal posts Divisions and Generals for the next Skirmishes 3. German FM posts Generals and Skirmishes can then begin. :D :D :D
Brummbar44

Post by Brummbar44 »

In the Campaign Info, I don't account for Secondary battles...we've just adapted as we went but I'll include it in the coming version.

If you have any questions in the meantime, let me know.
Brummbar44

Post by Brummbar44 »

Campaign Info has been updated. Please download from the first thread and read when you get a chance.

To make the ordering sequence more fair and realistic, I've figured out more of an initiative based system (which happens to work in well with the events of the last turn). So it won't necessarily alternate every time but rather it will be based on who had the most victories the previous turn...they will now have the initiative and be the Initiators.

This would prevent one side from always having just Meeting Engagements and the other side always having the Attack/Defend.

Hope that makes sense. Let me know if there are any questions.
Burgot
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Burgot »

Hi all,
i see 22 pages and i m afraid to read all to understand exactly. I'm a poor french guy. :?
If you need a general i 'm in. In reserve now, but ready to fight, any side

Return to “Battle Academy 2: Tournaments & Leagues”