FoG(U) Update #36

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

FoG(U) Update #36

Post by cothyso »

Update #36 (28th August 2018)
cothyso wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:52 am Gentlemen,

FoG(U) 2018 state update

Cheers,
Dan Antonescu

Update #35 (11th February 2018)
cothyso wrote:Gentlemen,

Back from the dead :)

Cheers,
Dan Antonescu
Update #30-34 (31th July 2017)
cothyso wrote:Gentlemen,

The new FoG(U) v2.6.00.1045 (GM3)(mod) beta build!

Thank you all for your limitless faith and support,
Dan Antonescu
Update #29 (19th June 2017)
cothyso wrote:Hello guys,

Well, handing over the mentioned project to someone else turned into having to do all the newly appeared requests by myself, as no one would have been able to learn the project and do them in the few remaining days. As of today is still not finished yet, but it will be in the following days.

Until then, again, no work was or will be done on the FoG(U) build, I'm sorry :(

Thank you,
Dan Antonescu

PS: FoG(U) is a so loooong time 64 bit app, that I don't even remember when we've switched from 32 to 64..
Update #27,28 (5th and 12th June 2017)

No work was done on FoG(U) from the last update (30th May 2017). I had to takeover a project from someone who left the office, make it work, get familiarized with it, fix it (there were a lot of things broken in it), bring it up in a launch form (ie adding a lot of new requested features in daily builds, sometime in even more than a build per day) and all of these asap (like in yesterday). With today's work the project just reached the light at the end of the tunnel, so I will hand it over in the following days to someone else (which will deal with any eventual small future requests).

And so I will get back on FoG(U) after a couple of days, with the next Monday as a target for this loong overdue FoG(U) build.

Cheers,
Dan Antonescu

PS: just for you to know, I've just summed up all the logs and they amounted to 132 effective work days instead of the 92 official ones I have from the beginning of this year (which translates in around 144% ... no wonder I had next to none extra time to dedicate to FoG(U) or that I've had the huge crash from the last month)
Update #25,26 (22nd and 29th May 2017)

Unfortunately there aren't almost any kind of good news regarding the last couple of weeks updates. During the latest days I was totally crashed with a few days of less than 30% productivity and a few days in which I was just staring at the monitor and at the walls (a very bad relapse of chronic fatigue syndrome culminated by a super-mega-disastrous Friday). It's mostly passed by now, as well as the work allowance for FoG(U).

Yet chance decided we're to have a sort of short holiday (with a free Thursday 1st and Monday 6th June, a couple of days of weekend and a day-off for Friday 2nd June to link them all) and I will have to find a way to fit finishing of the looong-overdue next FoG(U) build's work sometime during these "free" days.

Yours Shamefully,
Dan Antonescu

PS: our FTP server crashed sometime during Friday, and is not back online yet. The beta version is not working without it (as it needs to download the version.xml file which is not provided with any beta build).
Update #24 (15th May 2017)

I've got back working on FoG(U). Each long break from FoG(U)'s huge code base require a period of re-accommodation with it, and therefore I've spent Friday and today (I wasn't able to do any kind of work during the weekend as we had guests, nor will I be able the next weekend as I'll be out of country from next Friday to the following Monday) getting used with the code (and probably a good part of tomorrow too).

Cheers,
Dan Antonescu
Update #23 (8th May 2017)

I'll resume working on the FoG(U) starting with tomorrow morning, and the next build should be ready in a couple of days.

Thank you,
Dan Antonescu
Update #22 (28th April 2017)
cothyso wrote:Hello mates,

Haven't got the slightest chance to do any work on it this week, neither will have any opportunity during this weekend as I will be out of town until Tuesday.

Thank you,
Dan Antonescu
Update #21 (21st April 2017)
cothyso wrote:Hello everyone,

Got some work done during the previous weekend, but not enough to finish the new build yet.

Thank you.
Dan Antonescu
Update #20 (14th April 2017)

Had no chance to work on FoG(U) this week, so again no update for today. This weekend is the Easter holiday in here, so we've got Monday off too, which means I might finally find time to squeeze in at least a big part of the remaining couple of work days for the next FoG(U) version sometime during these three holiday days.

Thank you for your unlimited patience,
Dan Antonescu
Update #19 (3rd March 2017)
cothyso wrote:Hello friends,

The The FoG(U) v2.5.02 rev 1044f GM2k / GM3 preview build was approved so I moved forward with the GM3 build. Unfortunately I haven't finished yet the trailing WIP code for the FoG(U) 2.5.03 rev 1045 GM3, so there will be no build today.

The work still needing to be done should be ready during this weekend/by the beginning of the next week, and as soon as the build is ready I'll make the new build thread, and forward the build to Slitherine for publishing.

Cheers,
Dan Antonescu
Update #18 (24th February 2017)
cothyso wrote:Sorry guys,

No FoG(U) work this week.

Thank you,
Dan Antonescu
Update #17 (17th February 2017)
cothyso wrote:Hello guys!

The FoG(U) v2.5.02 rev 1044f GM2k / GM3 preview build (ie the same from Update #16) was also forwarded on 2nd February to Slitherine for testing and official release approval. As soon as it will be accepted, I'll let you guys know.

An official release should follow shortly after that. No further work on FoG(U) will be done until then.

Cheers,
Dan Antonescu
Update #16 (27th January 2017)
cothyso wrote:Hello mates!

The FoG(U) v2.5.02 rev 1044f GM2k(mod) beta build: FoG(U)_2017.01.27_01s_v2.5.02.1044f_GM2k(mod)_beta_(Win).rar

This is the GM3 preview build, a little bit later than it should, but here nevertheless. It contains all the major modifications, optimization and fixes made to the code base in the last month. This is basically the FoG(U) v2.5.03 rev 1045 GM3 minus a few minor modifications/fixes not made/finished yet (which i still want to be made for the GM3 build) and minus a detailed description of the 1045 revision's content.

I will fill in more details about this preview tomorrow (atm you just need to know it contains the latest working stable GPM and the fully working MP (for both scenarios and DAG games, including the ones with a dynamic number of nations)).

And friends, it needs testing. A LOT of it :)

Cheers,
Dan Antonescu
Update #15 (20th January 2017)
cothyso wrote:Hello friends,

I haven't finished yet the trailing WIP code I've started during these passing weeks, so there will be no build this week.

Even so, it seems that 2017 will be a great year for FoG(U). The next build will be The FoG(U) v2.5.03 rev 1045 GM3, and it will contain all the major fixes required for FoG(U): the new GPM code (solving most of the reported gameplay problems), the MP DAG modifications (atm the MP code is fully functional, both for SP and DAG games (working with a completely dynamic number of participating nations)) and the new tasks code (solving some problems caused by the WWW callbacks methods running as threads instead in Unity's main thread as it should normally be - this being the actual still WIP culprit, as the task workflow modifications are not propagated yet through all the code).

The GM3 should be ready sometime during this weekend (fully worked, as usual) or the beginning of the next week. An official release of this build will be officially published by Slitherine as soon s possible.

Thank you all for everything,
Dan Antonescu
Update #14 (23rd December 2016)
cothyso wrote:Merry Christmas everyone!

The FoG(U) v2.5.02 rev 1044e GM2j(mod) beta build: FoG(U)_2016.12.23_01s_v2.5.02.1044e_GM2j(mod)_beta_(Win).rar

This is the GPM5 (5th gameplay manager) build. It contains the latest version of the new GPM code, extensive tested during the last couple of weeks. It mainly contains small fixes and some optimizations to the GPM code and also various other small fixes and cleaning-ups.

With this build the GPM work should be basically finished, and I will proceed to test (yes, more testing, there's no one else helping me with it, as usual) and regress all the GPM related reported problems, then fix all the eventual remaining ones. After that, the next problem on the list is the MP DAG games with at least an army list containing allied units. And after this, all major FoG(U) problems should simply not be anymore.

The winter holiday starts from today, and it will last until the second (or third, if I'll get an extra week off) week of January. Even if officially I won't work, I will try to squeeze some more FoG(U) work time these days (and maybe I'll be able to even put out a build). And anyone having a stringent desire to contact me in the mean time, you know very well how to do it!

These were very rough times for me, and I thank you all with all my heart for your continuous trust, patience and support :)

Merry Christmas to you all,
Dan Antonescu
Update #13 (16th December 2016)
cothyso wrote:Hello all,

No build this week, and not because of the lack of work: I've spent the whole week stress-testing the GPM code, and until now it held up quite well. Found a couple or so of minor problems, which are to be solved starting with Monday.

An official release will only be pushed after we've finished the FoG(U)'s new GPM code, and with the current MP DAG games with at least one army having more than 1 nation (ie having allies). In the mean time, you've still got all these WIP beta releases.

Cheers,
Dan Antonescu
Update #12 (9th December 2016)

The FoG(U) v2.5.02 rev 1044d GM2i(mod) beta build: FoG(U)_2016.12.09_01s_v2.5.02.1044d_GM2i(mod)_beta_(Win).rar

This is the GPM4 (4th gameplay manager) build. It contains the latest version of the new GPM code. It mainly contains fixes and optimizations to the GPM code and various other fixes and cleaning-ups.

The next week's build will still focus on ironing out and polishing the new GPM code and on general cleaning-ups.

Thank you,
Dan Antonescu

Update #11 (3rd December 2016)

No build ready for upload yet. I've worked on it for a couple of days, but still not enough for a new build. It will have to wait for the next week.

Thank you,
Dan Antonescu
Update #10 (25th November 2016)
cothyso wrote:Hello mates,

And the fourth. Next week I'll have both Monday and Tuesday for FoG(U) only, and as the remaining of the week are free days, I'll probably manage to get another day or two working on it. And the week after it should be a full FoG(U) one.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,
Dan Antonescu
Update #09 (18th November 2016)

The third week without a new beta build. This week I've actually got a full day of work on FoG(U), but far away from enough to justify a new build. The next week would bring it, though.

Thank you,
Dan Antonescu

Update #08 (11th November 2016)

Another frustrating week without getting a chance to even touch FoG(U)'s code.

Thank you for your patience,
Dan Antonescu
Update #07 (4th November 2016)

Unfortunately, another short one: I wasn't able to do much work on the FoG(U) this week, so it will have to wait for the next one.

Thank you for your patience,
Dan Antonescu
Update #06 (28th October 2016)

The FoG(U) v2.5.02 rev 1044c GM2h(mod) beta build: FoG(U)_2016.10.28_01s_v2.5.02.1044c_GM2h(mod)_beta_(Win).rar

This is the GPM3 (3rd gameplay manager) build. It contains the latest version of the new GPM code. It mainly contains fixes and optimizations to the GPM code. And a note: the GPMAM pausable discrete movements will affect both human and Ai players now (it should be default set on off (if it wasn't saved before in your player prefs) and it can be toggled on/off from Settings/Advanced menu, and it uses the I key to advance the current BG action's movement state).

The next week's build will still focus on ironing out and polishing the new GPM code.

Have fun,
Dan Antonescu
Update #05 (21st October 2016)

Unfortunately, a short one this week: there will be no new build today as there wasn't too much (noticeable) progress on the FoG(U) GPM code base this week.

Thank you for your understanding,
Dan Antonescu
Update #04 (14th October 2016)

Time for this week's update. Due to the same technical problems, I can not make the usual thread in the Beta forum, so for the moment I will post the new build directly in here.

The FoG(U) v2.5.02 rev 1044b GM2g(mod) beta build: FoG(U)_2016.10.14_01s_v2.5.02.1044b_GM2g(mod)_beta_(Win).rar

This is the GPM2 (2nd gameplay manager) build. It contains the latest version of the new GPM code. Even if most of this passing week's code was mainly consisting of debug tools code, it still contains a lot of fixes, optimizations and new additions to the GPM code. The most important modifications: a new even slower movement speed and the GPMAM pausable discrete movements (it can be toggled on/off from Settings/Advanced menu, and it used the I key to advance the current BG action's movement state).

The next week's build will focus on ironing out and polishing the new GPM code still.

Enjoy,
Dan Antonescu
Update #03 (7th October 2016)
cothyso wrote:Hello all,

Due to some technical problems, I can not make the usual thread in the Beta forum, so for the moment I will post the new build directly in here. The FoG(U) v2.5.02 rev 1044a GM2f(mod) beta build: FoG(U)_2016.10.07_01s_v2.5.02.1044a_GM2f(mod)_beta_(Win).rar

This is the GPM1 (1st gameplay manager) build. It contains a lot of fixes and new additions, the most important one being the new GPM code (the code is kind of rough, but even if is WIP, it is still fully functional).

The next week's build will focus on ironing out and polishing the new GPM code.

Enjoy,
Dan Antonescu
Update #02 (3rd October 2016)

The 3rd October is upon us, so here's the small update (instead of 30th September).

With the last Friday, the accommodation with the FoG(U)'s period is passed. I was hoping to pull out a patch at the end of this period (and not later than immediately after the weekend) but this proved to be (way) too optimistic.

A huge part of the reported (actually the biggest) is related with the gameplay manager actions code. Instead trying to tackle each of these GPM actions problems on its own, I've decided to go for an overhaul (modifications, streamlining and optimizations) of the whole GPM actions code. As a result, the bad part is that this takes time (and way longer than the passed couple of weeks I've mostly spent on getting back into FoG(U)'s code). While this overhaul is far from being finished (actually it will take at least another couple of weeks, if not more), the basic part of the new GPM code is already written and functioning, so the results can be already seen. The good news is that ones this GPM actions code overhaul is finished and ironed out, a huge part of the gameplay-related problems will simply disappear :)

Steam (and full Android and iOS) versions will follow after the FoG(U) will have all the (relevant) problems are solved.

So, without further due, here's the plan for the following weeks:
- an update on each Friday evening
- this Friday/next Monday (7th/10th October) -> GPM beta build 1 (revision 1045)
- 14th/17th October -> GPM beta build 2
- 21/24 October -> GPM build

Thank you all,
Dan Antonescu
Update #01 (17th September 2016)

First of all I want to thank you all for your support (which included buying the new WFS and OOF addons), patience and understanding.

As we all know, FoG(U)'s launch was far-away from being a stellar one (to use an euphemism, if you allow me) and the greatly increased number of users accessing it revealed a pretty big number of problems which somehow were not stumbled upon during the long beta and open beta test periods. I've collected a list with the reported problems (and I want to express my Gratitude to stockwellpete which greatly helped by gathering and compiling most of it) and I've also had a look over a lot of your feedback.

Starting with the middle of this passed week I'm back on working on fixing and modifying the FoG(U)'s build. I need a couple of weeks period or so to catch-up with its immense code base, but after this period I plan to release a new build and some progress info at the end of each week, until all the (relevant - we all know there's no such thing as the perfect code) problems are solved.

In the following weeks I will not have too much time to spend on the forum (as you can imagine, I have a lot of FoG(U) debugging and programming on my table), but anyone badly needing to reach me can do it via the usual channels (ie directly emailing me or contacting me on skype).

Here's a short list with the already done/WIP work for the next FoG(U) rev1045:

Code: Select all

+++ [WIP] further modified, streamlined and optimized the whole GPM actions code (1)
	- G class
		- modified the BGStateAction enum adding the new CombatImpact member
	- GP class
		- added the new CombatImpactAction() method
		- modified the AnarchyCharge() and AdjacentFBGAnarchyCharge() methods
		- modified all the G._GPM.GPMAMAdd() calls
	+++ GPM class
		+++ further modified, streamlined and optimized the whole class
++ added the new debug replay watch code
	++ Replay class
		- added the new dbg_watchGameState, dbg_loadTurn, dbg_loadPhase, dbg_watchEvents and dbg_eventWatchList members
		- modified the Awake() method adding the new debug replay watch code section
		- modified the ReplayEventPlay() method adding the new debug replay watch code section
	- MainMenu class
		- modified the DataLoadSPGameLoad() method adding code to load a debug watched game state for a specific turn, phase
+ MainMenu class
	+ modified the OnGUIDrawWindowPreferencesDelegate() method adding advanced tab settings
	- further modified, streamlined and optimized the DataLoadMPGameLoad() method
- GP class
	- added the new def_GUIGameStateVisualIndicators member
	- further modified, streamlined and optimized the bgGetHexTerrainTypeName() method
	- added the new hGetHexTerrainTypeName() method
- GM class
	- modified the OnGUI() method mouse-over BG info panel group's code adding an over empty hexes terrain type label
	- modified the OnGUI() method game state visual indicator's code adding a GP.def_GUIGameStateVisualIndicators check
++ DebugPanel class
	+ further modified, streamlined and optimized the whole class
	- added the new DebugPanelWindow enum
	++ added the new OnGUI_GPM() and OnGUI_GPMActionL() methods
+ fixes
	- modified the R.LegacyScenarioLoad() method to account for some uncommon legacy scenarios file formats
	- modified the GP.BGCanCharge() method adding a not adjacent condition check to prevent some rare instances of neighbour enemy BGs returned as chargeable
	- modified the Actions.Action_Undo_Enabled() method adding a current nation's player null check to prevent crashes in case the player is null
	- modified the Replay.ReplayLoad() and .ParseHexValues() methods' parse code to prevent crashes if conversion failed
	+ modified the R.LoadVersionData(), .EditorUnitTemplatesLoad(), .EditorUnitFormationsLoad(), .FigureLoad() and .ConvertLegacyScenarios() methods' parse code to prevent crashes if conversion failed
	- modified the ListDAGArmyTemplateInfo.DAGArmyTemplateInfo() method's parse code to prevent crashes if conversion failed
	- modified the SevenZipInterface.DecompressLZMAToStringEncoded() method's byte parsing code to prevent crashes if conversion failed
Thank you all again,
Dan Antonescu
Last edited by cothyso on Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:56 am, edited 52 times in total.
Micha63
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: FoG(U) update

Post by Micha63 »

Thanks for the update.
Jonathan4290

Post by Jonathan4290 »

Great news. There has been an influx of new players with new version. Hopefully this will keep them from quitting the game after a few buggy games.
Check out my website, The Art of Battle: Animated Battle Maps, where I recreate the greatest battles and campaigns of history: http://www.theartofbattle.com
Geordietaf
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Geordietaf »

Great news Dan. Glad you're back on the case. Because of the numerous issues, I've abandoned MP for the time being, but I'm playing solo a lot and greatly enjoying it. Allowing for the fact that the AI will always be much weaker than a good human player, I find the experience much better than the original version - there don't seem to be many wild and unrealistic results. I'm convinced that once you work through the problems there will be an excellent product.
gabeeg
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by gabeeg »

Looking forward to the updates, thanks for the update!
fogman
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by fogman »

we are used to waiting...
DonCzirr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by DonCzirr »

Keep strong Dan !

Glad you're back in the saddle.

Hope to play the new version on PC soon ... and then quite happily on Android and IOS ... eventually !
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
oldbear1962
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by oldbear1962 »

I have to love the unbridled optimism some of you chaps have.
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

Well ... he seems to be a good fellow and an earnest gamer ....

Also - he's one of the rare Devs that has said he'll publish to Android eventually - all of which earns points with me.

Until then ... time to play lots of Pike and Shot and the old version of FOG ....
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

FoG(U) Update #02

Post by cothyso »

Hello guys,

The 3rd October is upon us, so here's the small update (instead of 30th September).

With the last Friday, the accommodation with the FoG(U)'s period is passed. I was hoping to pull out a patch at the end of this period (and not later than immediately after the weekend) but this proved to be (way) too optimistic.

A huge part of the reported (actually the biggest) is related with the gameplay manager actions code. Instead trying to tackle each of these GPM actions problems on its own, I've decided to go for an overhaul (modifications, streamlining and optimizations) of the whole GPM actions code. As a result, the bad part is that this takes time (and way longer than the passed couple of weeks I've mostly spent on getting back into FoG(U)'s code). While this overhaul is far from being finished (actually it will take at least another couple of weeks, if not more), the basic part of the new GPM code is already written and functioning, so the results can be already seen. The good news is that ones this GPM actions code overhaul is finished and ironed out, a huge part of the gameplay-related problems will simply disappear :)

Steam (and full Android and iOS) versions will follow after the FoG(U) will have all the (relevant) problems are solved.

So, without further due, here's the plan for the following weeks:
- an update on each Friday evening
- this Friday/next Monday (7th/10th October) -> GPM beta build 1 (revision 1045)
- 14th/17th October -> GPM beta build 2
- 21/24 October -> GPM build

Thank you all,
Dan Antonescu
MikeMarchant

Re: FoG(U) Update #02

Post by MikeMarchant »

Thanks, Dan, you're still doing a great job.

Best Wishes

Mike
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: FoG(U) Update #02

Post by Cablenexus »

After the game mechanism that you are planning to fix are there any updates planned to the Unity engine itself in terms of graphics and presentation?
For example the broken textures (the z buffer issue), the quality of the unit models and ground textures (shading, lightning, anti aliasing) and presentation of selected units in the UI (like in the old version), examples of selected units in the lower left corner of the interface, use of icons to represent the different skills / modes instead of code language and presentation of shadows, fog of war and symbols and lines for field of view for archers etc?
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

FoG(U) Update #03

Post by cothyso »

Hello all,

Due to some technical problems, I can not make the usual thread in the Beta forum, so for the moment I will post the new build directly in here. The FoG(U) v2.5.02 rev 1044a GM2f(mod) beta build: FoG(U)_2016.10.07_01s_v2.5.02.1044a_GM2f(mod)_beta_(Win).rar

This is the GPM1 (1st gameplay manager) build. It contains a lot of fixes and new additions, the most important one being the new GPM code (the code is kind of rough, but even if is WIP, it is still fully functional).

The next week's build will focus on ironing out and polishing the new GPM code.

Enjoy,
Dan Antonescu
SirGarnet
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: FoG(U) Update #03

Post by SirGarnet »

You have my encouragement. I hope the new version will have the key UI functionality of the old one, especially with tooltips for terrain and enemy units, and both short and detailed combat predictions and unit info in the lower windows without having to clutter the map with the slide-out detail bar.

And disabling replay. The game stalling on replay (or maybe it is being unable to select "STOP") is cutting short matches.
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

FoG(U) Update #04

Post by cothyso »

Hello everyone,

Time for this week's update. Due to the same technical problems, I can not make the usual thread in the Beta forum, so for the moment I will post the new build directly in here.

The FoG(U) v2.5.02 rev 1044b GM2g(mod) beta build: FoG(U)_2016.10.14_01s_v2.5.02.1044b_GM2g(mod)_beta_(Win).rar

This is the GPM2 (2nd gameplay manager) build. It contains the latest version of the new GPM code. Even if most of this passing week's code was mainly consisting of debug tools code, it still contains a lot of fixes, optimizations and new additions to the GPM code. The most important modifications: a new even slower movement speed and the GPMAM pausable discrete movements (it can be toggled on/off from Settings/Advanced menu, and it used the I key to advance the current BG action's movement state).

The next week's build will focus on ironing out and polishing the new GPM code still.

Enjoy,
Dan Antonescu
JocaRamiro
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: FoG(U) Update #04

Post by JocaRamiro »

It is good to hear that updates to the new FOG are going forward.

Can you give us any idea of whether or when these will be released by Slitherine though its usual update methods?
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

FoG(U) Update #05

Post by cothyso »

Hello guys,

Unfortunately, a short one this week: there will be no new build today as there wasn't too much (noticeable) progress on the FoG(U) GPM code base this week.

Thank you for your understanding,
Dan Antonescu
SirGarnet

Re: FoG(U) Update #05

Post by SirGarnet »

Thank you Cothyso! Does any of this potentially fix the replay freeze in MP, or could you kindly respond on any way to fix the MP freeze or workaround? The FOG launcher reports I already have the latest files (not counting the beta files).
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

FoG(U) Update #06

Post by cothyso »

Hello guys,

The FoG(U) v2.5.02 rev 1044c GM2h(mod) beta build: FoG(U)_2016.10.28_01s_v2.5.02.1044c_GM2h(mod)_beta_(Win).rar

This is the GPM3 (3rd gameplay manager) build. It contains the latest version of the new GPM code. It mainly contains fixes and optimizations to the GPM code. And a note: the GPMAM pausable discrete movements will affect both human and Ai players now (it should be default set on off (if it wasn't saved before in your player prefs) and it can be toggled on/off from Settings/Advanced menu, and it uses the I key to advance the current BG action's movement state).

The next week's build will still focus on ironing out and polishing the new GPM code.

Have fun,
Dan Antonescu
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Re: FoG(U) Update #06

Post by cothyso »

MikeK wrote:Thank you Cothyso! Does any of this potentially fix the replay freeze in MP, or could you kindly respond on any way to fix the MP freeze or workaround? The FOG launcher reports I already have the latest files (not counting the beta files).
Even if I haven't finished yet the work on the new GPMAM, the last two builds never thrown any gameplay error during my work/tests. The new GPMAM code seems to be very gameplay stable even in its current WIP state.

I would really need you guys get it and test it in SP (as the gameplay code is exactly the same, and any potential error appearing in MP should appear in Sp too, and viceversa) in order to catch any remaining potential problem in the new GPMAM code.

Thank you,
dan

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”