FoG(U) Update #36

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

Shapeshifter878
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: FoG(U) Update #06

Post by Shapeshifter878 »

I have problems downloading the images for the miniatures at startup. The download just stops at the following files:

"figs_crusader.unity3d"
"figs_roman-principate.unit3d"
"figs_viking.unity3d"

I had to restart about 3 times before everything could be downloaded successfully.
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso »

Our ISP is doing some work in our neighborhood, and because of this our FTP's server connection will be kind of hectic this week.

Sorry about it.
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

FoG(U) Update #07

Post by cothyso »

Hello guys,

Unfortunately, another short one: I wasn't able to do much work on the FoG(U) this week, so it will have to wait for the next one.

Thank you for your patience,
Dan Antonescu
Shapeshifter878

Post by Shapeshifter878 »

cothyso wrote:Our ISP is doing some work in our neighborhood, and because of this our FTP's server connection will be kind of hectic this week.

Sorry about it.
Thanks for the info. Just wondering, is it possible to provide more details regarding the "new additions & fixes" in each update? It would make it easier to follow the process for us who still have faith in the new version ;)
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

FoG(U) Update #08

Post by cothyso »

Sorry guys,

Another frustrating week without getting a chance to even touch FoG(U)'s code.

Thank you for your patience,
Dan Antonescu
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso »

Shapeshifter878 wrote:Just wondering, is it possible to provide more details regarding the "new additions & fixes" in each update? It would make it easier to follow the process for us who still have faith in the new version ;)
Until the new WIP GPMAM code is finished and thoroughly tested, there's no real details to be given about specific fixes. And once completed, it should solve more than 80% of all FoG(U)'s encountered/reported problems.
MikeMarchant
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: FoG(U) Update #08

Post by MikeMarchant »

Thanks for keeping us updated, Dan, it's much appreciated.

Best Wishes

Mike
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

FoG(U) Update #09

Post by cothyso »

Hello everyone,

The third week without a new beta build. This week I've actually got a full day of work on FoG(U), but far away from enough to justify a new build. The next week would bring it, though.

Thank you,
Dan Antonescu
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

FoG(U) Update #10

Post by cothyso »

Hello mates,

And the fourth. Next week I'll have both Monday and Tuesday for FoG(U) only, and as the remaining of the week are free days, I'll probably manage to get another day or two working on it. And the week after it should be a full FoG(U) one.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,
Dan Antonescu
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

FoG(U) Update #11

Post by cothyso »

Sorry guys,

No build ready for upload yet. I've worked on it for a couple of days, but still not enough for a new build. It will have to wait for the next week.

Thank you,
Dan Antonescu
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

FoG(U) Update #12

Post by cothyso »

Hello everyone,

The FoG(U) v2.5.02 rev 1044d GM2i(mod) beta build: FoG(U)_2016.12.09_01s_v2.5.02.1044d_GM2i(mod)_beta_(Win).rar

This is the GPM4 (4th gameplay manager) build. It contains the latest version of the new GPM code. It mainly contains fixes and optimizations to the GPM code and various other fixes and cleaning-ups.

The next week's build will still focus on ironing out and polishing the new GPM code and on general cleaning-ups.

Thank you,
Dan Antonescu
Last edited by cothyso on Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vargas78
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: FoG(U) Update #12

Post by Vargas78 »

Good stuff. FOG is an excellent strategy game so good to see the new one being fixed up.
Geordietaf
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Geordietaf »

The 64,000 denarii question is, when will we get an official update to the Unity release?
JocaRamiro
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by JocaRamiro »

Hear! Hear!
KeathZerstorer

Post by KeathZerstorer »

Geordietaf wrote:The 64,000 denarii question is, when will we get an official update to the Unity release?
I'll back this question :-) Game is awesome, but we plebeians need more bread and circuses ))
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

FoG(U) Update #13

Post by cothyso »

Hello all,

No build this week, and not because of the lack of work: I've spent the whole week stress-testing the GPM code, and until now it held up quite well. Found a couple or so of minor problems, which are to be solved starting with Monday.

An official release will only be pushed after we've finished the FoG(U)'s new GPM code, and with the current MP DAG games with at least one army having more than 1 nation (ie having allies). In the mean time, you've still got all these WIP beta releases.

Cheers,
Dan Antonescu
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

FoG(U) Update #14

Post by cothyso »

Merry Christmas everyone!

The FoG(U) v2.5.02 rev 1044e GM2j(mod) beta build: FoG(U)_2016.12.23_01s_v2.5.02.1044e_GM2j(mod)_beta_(Win).rar

This is the GPM5 (5th gameplay manager) build. It contains the latest version of the new GPM code, extensive tested during the last couple of weeks. It mainly contains small fixes and some optimizations to the GPM code and also various other small fixes and cleaning-ups.

With this build the GPM work should be basically finished, and I will proceed to test (yes, more testing, there's no one else helping me with it, as usual) and regress all the GPM related reported problems, then fix all the eventual remaining ones. After that, the next problem on the list is the MP DAG games with at least an army list containing allied units. And after this, all major FoG(U) problems should simply not be anymore.

The winter holiday starts from today, and it will last until the second (or third, if I'll get an extra week off) week of January. Even if officially I won't work, I will try to squeeze some more FoG(U) work time these days (and maybe I'll be able to even put out a build). And anyone having a stringent desire to contact me in the mean time, you know very well how to do it!

These were very rough times for me, and I thank you all with all my heart for your continuous trust, patience and support :)

Merry Christmas to you all,
Dan Antonescu
MikeMarchant

Re: FoG(U) Update #14

Post by MikeMarchant »

Merry Christmas to you too, Dan, and thank you once again for all your hard work. You deserve a good long holiday and I hope you enjoy it.

Best Wishes

Mike
MikeMarchant

Post by MikeMarchant »

Merry Christmas to you too, Dan, and thank you once again for all your hard work. You deserve a good long holiday and I hope you enjoy it.

Best Wishes

Mike
raxulus2

Post by raxulus2 »

Thanks for the work.
You are doing a great job, and I enjoy playing this "new FOG"

Merry christmas

Patrick.

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”