AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by Morris »

Cybvep wrote:It looks like Morris had a GAR stationed in Paris, but I'm not 100% sure, because the picture is not clear. Two of Supermax's visible air units have only 5 steps left, but considering the early fall of Paris, he should have no trouble repairing them.

It was an full strength French corp with a leader in Paris ...... But it seems useless as a Gar in front of Max's attack :(
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Carlos_Danger wrote:I am really glad that Morris is doing this AAR, because I love reading them! So no complaints here, but I'm having a hard time gleaming the whole picture from this AAR.

That English Fighter is a double veteran all ready, there must of be one hell of air war going on, its May 1940, turn 14 people!
There were heavy dog fight above the Magnot line from 1939 to early 1940 between Bf109 & RAF !
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

June 7th 1940 fair

The RN fleet was attacked by the main body of Germany Navy ! Two DD were sunk ! The CV was badly hurt & no where to go but die next turn ! We can see the main body of Panzers & corps are coming around the port along the English Channel ! No doubt Sealion is comimg !

Meanwhile no troops but Gars in UK ! RN & RAF will try their best to defend their homeland ! But it looks hopeless after such a France sudden death ! :(

Cybvep
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Cybvep »

GB looks barely defended at all. Where are your units, Morris?
duncanr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by duncanr »

If you look at the strategy Morris uses as Allies, he floods France with GB units to drain the Axis in the French campaign. This leaves UK very empty. In this game he has been caught a little by the early fall of France, essentially he has lost a lot of GB production and units fighting in France.

He will succumb to Sealion in this game, the question is how well will Supermax do in Russia!

This will be a tough game for the Allies as they will lose England and most of the fleet.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

yes , most of the BEF surrender in France but a gar ! :(
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

June 27th 1940 fair Sealion

Finally the Sealion launched by a Para jump & a Moto landing , RN & RAF concentrate to attack the surface BB & DD , sink one DD & the BB alive at one step ! The Norwich Gar suiside attack the yellow para & make it retreat by a bloody combat result (1:6) . Anyway we seems cut off the landing troops supply & the one step Bismack will be sunk if it won't go back to the port & seems no more surface Axis fleet will be able to provide landing supply . Mean while Norwich looks safe at least next turn since after cut off the supply it seems only one attack position against this city . Will Max continue landing in UK without supply ? :lol:

Anyway , RN almost running out of its power in Altlantic but a sub . & RAF will not fight longger since it is too expensive to repair them ! :(

Carlos_Danger
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Carlos_Danger »

That German Para retreating really hurt the Germans!

Sea Lion is so difficult !

It would be a tough choice to call off Sea Lion at this point, but Capturing London will be such a slow and painful process I don't think it would be worth wrecking a 41 Barbarossa.
duncanr

Post by duncanr »

still a pretty reasonable chance Norwich will fall
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

duncanr wrote:still a pretty reasonable chance Norwich will fall
It is possible but need enough luck .
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

July 17th 1940 fair

Sealion continue. Norwich fall !!! According to the Duncanr's opinion , it is quite reasonable & possible . But I do believe it needs enough luck ! Since this is the key point of this sealion : If Axis failed to take Norwich in this turn ,maybe sealion would soon fail after RN's sub sink the one step BB . However Max achive this ! RN had tried their best to against sealion , & they did not make it .

Without RN & RAF , who will defend UK ? the GARs ? :(

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Aug 6th 1940 fair

After Norwich was conquered ,Luftwaffe also move their base to England ! British felt hopeless to stop the sealion . just try to stay alive longger .

Cybvep

Post by Cybvep »

Looks like a quick conquest of GB for me. You don't have enough troops, but *maybe* you can camp in the north and wait for winter to come. Anyway, I'm afraid that Supermax will be ready for 1941 Barbarossa. Just not in May, but in June.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

The main job for Britain now is to think about the next step. That means saving the RN and RAF so they can fight another day. Getting to Scotland and Northern Ireland might be necessary to be able to rebuild strength.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Cybvep wrote:Looks like a quick conquest of GB for me. You don't have enough troops, but *maybe* you can camp in the north and wait for winter to come. Anyway, I'm afraid that Supermax will be ready for 1941 Barbarossa. Just not in May, but in June.

it is difficult to make an effective 1941 Barbarosa while there is a sealion . Even if Axis could clear all Britain & northern Ireland , they still need at least four turns to transfer their troops from Britain to east front . Anyway , Max has much greater target !.............
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Stauffenberg wrote:The main job for Britain now is to think about the next step. That means saving the RN and RAF so they can fight another day. Getting to Scotland and Northern Ireland might be necessary to be able to rebuild strength.
Against a player like Max who can achive any target he wants , it is hopeless to rebuild any more defence in Scotland even with the help from RN & RAF :(
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

I have a feeling that Max'es ultimate dream is to knock Britain out of the war and even USA. He tried before until GS changes made it too difficult. I wouldn't be surprised if he would go for broke and try an invasion in this game. Especially if the RN is crippled.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Stauffenberg wrote:I have a feeling that Max'es ultimate dream is to knock Britain out of the war and even USA. He tried before until GS changes made it too difficult. I wouldn't be surprised if he would go for broke and try an invasion in this game. Especially if the RN is crippled.
But Max also suffered heavy casualties in navy in 1941 ( 105 (5) ). & 149 casualties in Luftwaffe . He needs to rebuild it & then take the risk ! I will be also surprised if he will do this ! :D
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Aug 26th 1940 fair

Axis made rapid progress in England & close to Liverpool . London was attacked . We hope London will hold at least two turns so that we can deploy more unit to defense Scotland .

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Sept 15th 1940 fair

London was encircled & attacked , still hold . Just hope early bad weather can postpone Germans steps .....

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”