U.S. Pacific Campaign Freezes in turn 12 of 15

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

kerrylancaster
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

U.S. Pacific Campaign Freezes in turn 12 of 15

Post by kerrylancaster »

Greetings Slitherine,

I have been enjoying Order of Battle - Pacific / WWII (just the boot camp so far) and have recently added the Blitzkrieg add-on (I also have Winter War campaign, U.S. Marines campaign and both Rising Sun campaign add-ons).

However, today was the first time I launched the U.S. Pacific campaign (starting with Pearl Harbor) and I have to report a game crash. I made it to Turn 12 of 15 (after having downed 4 enemy planes and visiting 3 of 5 primary objective sites and 3 of 5 airfields, and sunk an enemy submarine, but lost all my battleships). During the A.I.'s turn 12 the enemy never did anything, it just said "Thinking" and the progress bar only moved about a third of the way. After 10 minutes I aborted the game and relaunched from the last auto-save, and again the A.I started it's turn 12 of 15 and only displayed "Thinking" - progress bar finally made it to the 100% mark but even fter leaving it there for 20 minutes it never did anything. It was simply just hung.

Game over - before the campaign even started! How disappointing! This means I will NEVER be able to play the U.S. Pacific campaign! That's the one I really wanted first!

I have all the latest updates (checked for updates again between attempts to re-start turn 12 of 15) and it reports I have the latest version.

Can you please fix this? I have spent a small fortune (though worth it, if you can make it work) on all the add-ons. This looks like a nice enhancement for Panzer General / Pacific General / Panzer General II / Panzer Corps - if only it would work!

Thanks for a great game concept,
Kerry Lancaster
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Re: U.S. Pacific Campaign Freezes in turn 12 of 15

Post by adherbal »

This hotfix should solve your problem:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 72&t=74574
Django90
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Django90 »

Hi, I have the same problem. If I play the american campaign during the first mission in turn 12 the allied AI gets very slowly and than the game freezes.
I posses the marines and the Morning Sun DLCs too.
Could your give a easy to understand instruction to solve this problem please because such problems are very frustrating.

Thanks
JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM »

Hello Djanjo,

Sorry, but have you visited the forum post Adherbal refers to? This contains a Dropbox link for an .exe. Then once you have downloaded this you need to copy this over to the game folder and overwrite any files if it asks you in a prompt. This then should fix the issue.
cschnurr

Post by cschnurr »

I'm having the exact same problem - my game reliably freezes on turn 12 of 15 of the Pearl Harbor scenario.

I've downloaded the hot fix, but am having troubles getting it applied properly. I'm on Mac OS X, if that matters.

Has anyone had success getting this applied on the Mac? I tried using MacOS (Roman) when prompted.

Thanks,
-Carl
kerrylancaster

Post by kerrylancaster »

adherbal wrote:This hotfix should solve your problem:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 72&t=74574
Problem solved! The hotfix worked and I got through Pearl and advanced to the Philippines (and managed a Victory there too!)

On to Bataan!
Django90

Post by Django90 »

Hi, I installed the Hotfix and the Game is repaired.
Thanks a lot.
JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM »

Hello Carl,

Sorry, but the hotfix is only available on PC. The fix is also present in the Steam version of the Mac version of the game, so you could redeem your free Steam key and unlock this in Steam then play this. For those who are unable to use the Mac Steam version then this will be in the next patch which we will get out as soon as possible.
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal »

There is no hotfix installer available for Mac at the moment but you can download this zip:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iax68sttumy71 ... s.zip?dl=0

And paste these files in the Order of Battle app manually (right click the app > show contents).
tnucwolf

Post by tnucwolf »

Thanks, Adherbal! The Mac fix you set up was fast, easy, and it WORKED! Off to the Philippines I go...

Joe

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”