Panzer Corps Tournament - The Semifinals!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Panzer Corps Tournament - The Semifinals!

Post by AlbertoC »

First off, CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE WHO GOT THIS FAR!

There have been some great games so far, and a lot of good players have been eliminated already. There are four players left, four contenders for the title of Panzer Corps champion.

Let's see our contenders:

Having beaten kingshafter, Rogo727 and EsgibtkeinBier on his path to the semifinals, striped_soul is serious about his intention to win the tournament.
Misterno eliminated players like billwolo, Dardalon and HansStory. He's eager to start and reach for the prize, and he's going to face striped_soul for a place in the Final.

Caca is a real pillar of the community, and he's eager to leave his mark in Panzer Corps' history by becoming its 2016 Slitherine champion. He bested Stefano63, dbackfed29 and MarkTK36thIL
Goose 2 is the one who inspired this tournament to begin with, and now he intends to win it after having faced dowzup, DavidRibes and braccada! Now he'll face Caca in the Semifinal.

So here are the two semifinals.

striped_soul
vs Misterno
and
Caca vs Goose_2

Now, for the map we picked something special for the Semifinals... no Germans this time! The Allies and the Soviets are going to face each other in the outbreak of World War III in the URBAN WARFARE map!

You all know the rules now. The settings are, as usual, Weather ON – Supply ON – Fog of War ON – Undo OFF; HANDICAP even. striped_soul and Caca will need to issue the challenge. Misterno and Goose_2, please accept as soon as possible.

The deadline is next Monday, November 21st. Please try to complete your games before then.

I am at your disposal for everything, as usual.

May the best commander win!
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament - The Semifinals!

Post by AlbertoC »

Striped_Soul
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Striped_Soul »

Nice!Good luck 2 all commanders!
Gone to issue challenge! :)
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

I will have to check when I get home from work :x
I need to learn patience :oops: :mrgreen: :P
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
woken
Panzer Corps Tournament 2nd Place
Panzer Corps Tournament 2nd Place

Post by woken »

Good luck gentlemen !
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

The old thread (Quarter Finals) is not Global anymore, but it can still be accessed through this link: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 58&t=74476
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Best of luck to all combatants!
Hansstory
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Hansstory »

Soviets won in my match with misterno.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

This is a super long battle and caca and I are about 2/3rd's done and I own about 2/3rd's of the map and seem to be pushing on almost every front.

I hope to be doing some power playing this weekend and will let you know the final outcome.

I am playing the allies versus his Soviets.

Sorry not doing breakdown like I did with Braccada too massive and just happy to be this far.

How is the Striped_soul vs. misterno match coming along?

Striped_sould scares me based on the posts of his maps, but maybe I should be more worried about the Mystery of misterno. ;)
goose_2

Striped_Soul
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Striped_Soul »

Well,our match with misterno run slow as turtle,on 5th turn right now :? & not clear yet who is more successfull :) hope on this weekend we will speed it up :o
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Striped_Soul wrote:Well,our match with misterno run slow as turtle,on 5th turn right now :? & not clear yet who is more successfull :) hope on this weekend we will speed it up :o

What side are you playing?
goose_2

Striped_Soul
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Striped_Soul »

Allies side.
So if it will continue that way,we r not able to finish round,till Monday due to misterno work busyness :(
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

It is official
Caca and I finished our last round about 1 hour ago.

It was a knock down drag out fight and was quite fun.

I am so excited about making it to the Finals and looking forward to who wins versus Misterno and Striped_Soul

I will share some of my thoughts on this battle after as I do not want to taint the other persons playthrough.

I am having so much fun.

Thanks Slitherine for sponsoring this outstanding event.

Oh yeah and I ended up matching my screen name on Steam to my name here if anyone is interested on hooking up there.

TTFN
goose_2

Striped_Soul
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Striped_Soul »

We are still on 7-8 turn,Misterno completely drags down our round,i need to wait him until 2-3 am my local time, just to have chance to catch him online,and make more than one turn per day. :|
I absolutely disagree to extend semifinal for more time,it should finish in Monday as planed,by the way we already late on one week, due to others players inactivity. :?
I also have many important things in real life,however i managed my spare time to patricipate in tournament,and finished my rounds just in time.
caca
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by caca »

Confirmation Goose words that I was defeated. :cry:
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Striped_Soul wrote:We are still on 7-8 turn,Misterno completely drags down our round,i need to wait him until 2-3 am my local time, just to have chance to catch him online,and make more than one turn per day. :|
I absolutely disagree to extend semifinal for more time,it should finish in Monday as planed,by the way we already late on one week, due to others players inactivity. :?
I also have many important things in real life,however i managed my spare time to patricipate in tournament,and finished my rounds just in time.

Well, I am okay with them delaying as next week is Thanksgiving in the good ole US of A. ;)

At this point in the tournament I would like to play the best player, at the same time we cannot abide sandbagging, so I will defer to the wisdom of the moderators.

Either way I am super excited and will make every effort, apart from costing me my marriage to get any match done in the time allotted. ;)
Last edited by goose_2 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

caca wrote:Confirmation Goose words that I was defeated. :cry:

Thanks Caca for being such an enjoyable player, and a gracious loser.
goose_2

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

With the Thanksgiving weekend this week I really don't want to give a deadline of next monday.

Not that we really need a deadline as there is only one match left, but it'd be best to know when we will announce the champion.

I am talking with striped_soul as he also has commitments this week, and he will need to fly abroad. We'll need to find a solution, and maybe extending the time until the other semifinal can be completed and then giving a longer time for the final might be the wisest choice.

I only know something: I want the best player and the clear winner between misterno and striped_souò to get to the semifinal.
Striped_Soul
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Striped_Soul »

AlbertoC wrote:With the Thanksgiving weekend this week I really don't want to give a deadline of next monday.

Not that we really need a deadline as there is only one match left, but it'd be best to know when we will announce the champion.

I am talking with striped_soul as he also has commitments this week, and he will need to fly abroad. We'll need to find a solution, and maybe extending the time until the other semifinal can be completed and then giving a longer time for the final might be the wisest choice.

I only know something: I want the best player and the clear winner between misterno and striped_souò to get to the semifinal.
Alberto check your e-mail i wrote some thoughts about it :)
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

The striped soul vs misterno match was delayed, sadly, due to real life commitments and couldn't be completed in time.

When I made the original pairings in the first couple of rounds I tried to make it so that people would only face players from the same timezone. Unfortunately, it was inevitable that players with radically different timezones would face each other at some point - this happened here.

Striped soul has real life commitments in a few days and he won't be able to play for a prolonged time. Even if the semifinal was completed and he qualified, he wouldn't be able to take part in the final. We talked by mail, and we agreed that the only possible solution right now is to advance Misterno.

I'm sorry for this outcome, but sometimes events just get in the way. Please feel free to complete the game.

Thank you striped soul for your diligence, your commitment and for always letting me know what was going on. I hope I'll see you again in future tournaments. We all learned from this, and we will be able to use this experience in the next tournament we'll organize.

We have something else in store (wink wink) for the community this week, and with Thanksgiving looming upon us, I want to give you guys some time to rest and relax. The final will be starting next monday.

Return to “News & Announcements”