Order of Battle: Blitzkrieg - German units preview!

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Order of Battle: Blitzkrieg - German units preview!

Post by Andy2012 »

bru888 wrote:
kondi754 wrote: Panzer Corps is a great game but it is in 4-5th place on my private list of games from Slitherine. :wink:
I've been seeing references to PC in these forums and will be checking that game out soon. I know it's different from OOB in being more tile-oriented*, but I figure that my game shelf can handle both types of games. Can you tell me about the other Slitherine games in your top 4 or 5?

*EDIT: By "tile-oriented," I mean (I think; I'm just going by screen prints) that PC is less animation, more hex-grid/tile counter movement. Unit detail and information appear to be extraordinary, though.
Go for the Gold edition and you literally get thousands of hours of fun. (No kidding.)

Panzer Corps is more of an old-school game in the sense that its graphics are a bit less flashy and it does not do the OoB supply line thing. However, unit detail is great and especially mission design is one of its strong suits. (I still consider it superior in immersion to OoB, but those are just my two cents.) It also does branching campaigns and you can actually win the war for the Reich.
Summing up, worth a look and with the Gold Edition you won't actually need any second game. 8)
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

Hey Kondi754 please check it...
I corrected and completed the campaign.

Blitzkrieg campaign
1. Blitzkrieg: september 1939 - december 1941
2. Blitzkrieg Army south: april 1942- december 1943 - parallel campaign
or
3. Blitzkrieg Army Center and north: february 1942- december 1943- parallel campaign
4. Blitzkrieg : january 1944- may 1945 (including Warsaw uprising) - core force from Army south (2.) or army north (3.)
5. Blitzkrieg : western front (june 1944 - may 1945) core force from - III. Italy campaign

Afrika KORPS
I. April 1941 - september 1942 (including to get a CAIRO and Alexandria city)
II. october 1942 - May 1943 (defense of Tunis)
III. Italy campaign - june 1943 - may 1944 (the final battle Monte Cassino)
IIIA - alternative campaign what if....until to 1945

Japanese Campaign:
1. against the China "Morning SUN" campaign end of 1940
2. Against the China. parallel campaign january of 1941 - may1944
2p. Against the french and British 7 december 1941 - december 1944
3A. Alternative invasion of India what if.....september 1945
4. Defense against Russia in Manchuria august september 1945

I. Rising Sun campaign
II.Defensive war against the United States
IIIA. it is not on the map - Invasion of USA

Italian button - Italian-Abyssinian War 1935-1936
spanish button - The Spanish Civil War 1936-1939
Attachments
world map kopia.jpg
world map kopia.jpg (209.22 KiB) Viewed 1986 times
Last edited by calmhatchery on Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

Postby calmhatchery » 06 Nov 2016 18:47
Hey Kondi754 please check it...
I corrected and completed the campaign.

Blitzkrieg campaign
1. Blitzkrieg: september 1939 - december 1941
2. Blitzkrieg Army south: april 1942- december 1943 - parallel campaign
or
3. Blitzkrieg Army north: february 1942- december 1943- parallel campaign

4. Blitzkrieg : january 1944- may 1945 (including Warsaw uprising) - core force from Army south (2.) or army north (3.)
5. Blitzkrieg : western front (june 1944 - may 1945) core force from - III. Italy campaign

Well, what about the Army Group Centre from January 1942 to December 1943?
Do you think that nothing happening there during this period?
I would like to play battle of Demyansk or bloody repulse Zhukov Offensive at Rzhev. :wink:
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

I don't forgot about Army center :). I thought eventually to make campaign for Army north and center as one but maybe you have right to put another campaign for amry center but...I think that maybe this resolution on the map is maybe to complicate? maybe one big campaign on the east front (including Army south, Center and North) will be more optimal? what do you think?
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

I think you can connect the North and Centre but South should have a separate campaign.
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

Yes definitely!!!South Army separate campaign!!! I have to change only the description....and for now This MAP is ready ...if you have some ideas pelase write. I can put some changes...cheers
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

AlbertoC wrote:
Andy2012 wrote: But the most motivating thing about the German Campaigns in Panzer General and Panzer Corps was unit upgrades, especially discounted upgrades (e.g from Panzer IV F to IV G and different versions of the Bf 109). Did you guys integrate these so I can drag my veterans from Poland to Moscow (and back)?
You can certainly upgrade your panzers as you go, and with the new import tool you'll be able to carry over your units from one campaign to the next.

The goal is to allow you to play your own Wehrmacht from 1939 to 1945.
Hey alberto! Im testing import of core force. Import form the Morning Sun t othe Rising Sun and my commanders from the Morning Sun campaign are dissapeard!! Please answer why...
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Andy2012 wrote:
bru888 wrote:
kondi754 wrote: Panzer Corps is a great game but it is in 4-5th place on my private list of games from Slitherine. :wink:
I've been seeing references to PC in these forums and will be checking that game out soon. I know it's different from OOB in being more tile-oriented*, but I figure that my game shelf can handle both types of games. Can you tell me about the other Slitherine games in your top 4 or 5?

*EDIT: By "tile-oriented," I mean (I think; I'm just going by screen prints) that PC is less animation, more hex-grid/tile counter movement. Unit detail and information appear to be extraordinary, though.
Go for the Gold edition and you literally get thousands of hours of fun. (No kidding.)

Panzer Corps is more of an old-school game in the sense that its graphics are a bit less flashy and it does not do the OoB supply line thing. However, unit detail is great and especially mission design is one of its strong suits. (I still consider it superior in immersion to OoB, but those are just my two cents.) It also does branching campaigns and you can actually win the war for the Reich.
Summing up, worth a look and with the Gold Edition you won't actually need any second game. 8)
Did it! Thanks, Andy.
- Bru
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

Always happy to help out. :D
Best campaign is still Afrikakorps, in my opinion.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”