Pirate Bay

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Pirate Bay

Post by Erik2 »

I wonder if something else than skull & bones would be more appropriate for an SS symbol. Totenkopf unit or not.
This looks like an episode of Black Sails 8)
Attachments
black sails.jpg
black sails.jpg (26.58 KiB) Viewed 2625 times
WarHomer
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Pirate Bay

Post by WarHomer »

Hehe :D

I love the introduction of the SS as a separate arm, do you have SS in your own conversion of the PC grand campaigns also? If you do, I hope you build on it as the campaign progresses with more unit slots (but not too many off course as it shouldn´t offset the balance).
DirkW
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by DirkW »

It´s Captain :!: Jack Sparrow.
AnneRussell
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by AnneRussell »

It really looks like Black Sails episode lol. I loved that show, but it kind of stopped being interesting like Walking dead. It is really sad when shows continue to add episodes and they never stop making new ones when they should. Perfect example of how to do it is Breaking Bad, the best show ever. Still Black Sails is the best pirate show I know. Today's pirating is kind of different because we do it online in our Pirate Bay. You can enter pirate bay any time you want with avoidcensorship.org and their list of proxies.
Last edited by AnneRussell on Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Well, that it doesn't look like the real thing is probably the reason why it has been chosen back then...
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

But weren't the laws in Germany re using old nazi symbols in books/films/games changed a year or so back?
If yes, maybe it is time to use the historical flags etc.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

Erik2 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:23 am But weren't the laws in Germany re using old nazi symbols in books/films/games changed a year or so back?
Yeah, I think to remember it vaguely, too...

Return to “Order of Battle Series”