Eastern Front: Soviet Storm v1.96b (Link Fixed)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

DoctorHaider
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Eastern Front: Soviet Storm 1.8 (RELEASED)

Post by DoctorHaider »

Koshto303 wrote:Hey Akkula! Your mod work is incredible, and I just have one question for you. The first Stavka mission in the Great Patriotic War requires that we destroy a 7HP supply depot near Constanța in Romania. How can this be done? I tried using strat bombers, tac bombers, and my navy, but it seems impossible to accomplish by turn 3. Any ideas?
Strange. I haven't got any Stavka assignments by the turn 4. Are they somewhat randomised?
KornelPL
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by KornelPL »

Hi there everyone,

Just downoaded this stuff. Installed (in accordance with ALL notes from instruction) without any errors and... it doeans't work - game looks like mix between original us corps mod (my latest version) and mod game - it has new icons and Sacred War in the menu, but it doesn't work properly - even main menu is f*****. Any ideas ?
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

Hello KornelPL, I think the problems you are reporting have sense.
I dont own US Corps so I was not able to make the mod compatible with it. I suggest you to apply the mod on the standard Panzer Corps Wehrmacht game, you shouldnt have any issues then.

Best regards,
Akkula.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
DoctorHaider
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DoctorHaider »

This is the great mod!

This is the turn 5 and the fierce fighting at titanic scale erupting from the Barents sea up to the Black sea. I still hold Riga, Dvinsk and Minsk, the Stalin line west to Kiev and Odessa isn't encircled. It seems though that Riga and Dvinsk will fall on the next turn in September, but Minsk definitely will resist at least up to the turn 7. I's unlikely that I will hold the Stalin line south to the Priypat marshes after the turn six, so the defence of Kiev itself may begin on the turn 7. Still performing much better than in real history though.

P.S. It seems I didn't read the first briefing thoroughly. I've discovered the first STAVKA assigments on the Messages popup. Imo it's impossible to destroy the Constanza fuel depots by the turn 3 but I managed to fulfill the second task - defend Odessa up to the fifth turn.
DoctorHaider
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DoctorHaider »

Why had the SMK heavy tank been added in the mod? Only one or two prototypes were produced in fact. Besides the reason that it looks cool :)
KornelPL
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by KornelPL »

Hello guys,

I am really confused - yesterday after few attempts with playing scenario the game REPAIRED itself - from nowhere correct main menu and list of campaigns and scenarions had came. And today again it's broken.

Akkula - what is the exact version of plain Panzer Corps that I have to install ?

BTW

BIG BIG BIG shame on original game manufacturers !!! This mode is 10000x better than original 'soviet corps' .Battle for Berlin from SC looks like a parody when you compare this to Akkula's job.
KornelPL
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by KornelPL »

This is how my main menu looks like
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg (240.22 KiB) Viewed 5130 times
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

Click on the Iron cross on the left side. I think that should fix it.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

Kornel, I think Bite is right.
I designed the mod using the standard Panzer Corps Wehrmacht. Try to use it with vanilla game, it should work.

Best regards,
Akkula.

PS: And thanks a lot for your words about my work, it is always nice to hear that many people preferred it over the official content :D
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
KornelPL
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by KornelPL »

Hello guys,

Thanks for all replies and will of help. I will make my story more funny. On my PC after same problem the game is working fine WITH US corps (other versions are installed too) - and the game had repaird itself.

I did all the same on my laptop (same Win, same game version installed from same file) and... it's mixed. It didn;t help to run this as just Wehrmacht - please see attachments.
Attachments
one of the campaigns
one of the campaigns
Clipboard03.jpg (237.41 KiB) Viewed 5071 times
Here if I choose toplay (red color) without touching any posters above, I am able to play one of the Akkula's campaing - Akkula's desciption is displayed too (yellow color)
Here if I choose toplay (red color) without touching any posters above, I am able to play one of the Akkula's campaing - Akkula's desciption is displayed too (yellow color)
Clipboard02.jpg (210.42 KiB) Viewed 5071 times
This my main menu current status
This my main menu current status
Clipboard01.jpg (208.8 KiB) Viewed 5071 times
KornelPL
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by KornelPL »

and scenario menu
Attachments
List of scenarios however is still in accordance with original PzC "Wehrmacht"
List of scenarios however is still in accordance with original PzC "Wehrmacht"
Clipboard04.jpg (189.12 KiB) Viewed 5071 times
DoctorHaider
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DoctorHaider »

KornelPL wrote:Hello guys,

Thanks for all replies and will of help. I will make my story more funny. On my PC after same problem the game is working fine WITH US corps (other versions are installed too) - and the game had repaird itself.

I did all the same on my laptop (same Win, same game version installed from same file) and... it's mixed. It didn;t help to run this as just Wehrmacht - please see attachments.
Hmm, I wold advise to use the stock English version of the game instead the Russian localisation to play the mod. The game may use some files which lie in the localisation folder, not in the default folders that are modified by the mod!
KornelPL
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by KornelPL »

DoctorHaider you are real doctor !!!!!!!!!!1 Thaank you so much it's working :D
DoctorHaider
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DoctorHaider »

KornelPL wrote:DoctorHaider you are real doctor !!!!!!!!!!1 Thaank you so much it's working :D
You're welcome! 12 years in software development :)
DoctorHaider
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DoctorHaider »

Is there some difference to play the mod on General difficulty and Colonel? I play on the Colonel and still hold (though barely) Riga and Minsk in the beginning of October 1941. The wermacht permormance seems to be too low. I cannot say I use some super-duper strategy.
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

Hi DoctorHaider.
For a real challenge I recommend you higher difficulties of course. I recommend General or above because otherwise the scenario is too easy, but that depends on the player of course.
If you feel no challenge I suggest you to increase the difficulty.... or prepared to be bored or storm Berlin in 1943 :)

Best regards,
Akkula.
DoctorHaider
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DoctorHaider »

Thanks for the explanation. I see that the main difference between Colonel and General in the mod is the Level 2 AI enabled for the General. What's the difference? More aggressive AI?
DoctorHaider
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DoctorHaider »

Began the big scenario again with the General difficulty. I may feel the difference by the turn 3 - the AI acts more determinately and somewhat aggressively, attacks on my inits are more coordinated now, both on land and in air.
DoctorHaider
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DoctorHaider »

Why is the Il-4 (DB-3F) level bomber not in the mod?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilyushin_Il-4
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

DoctorHaider wrote:Began the big scenario again with the General difficulty. I may feel the difference by the turn 3 - the AI acts more determinately and somewhat aggressively, attacks on my inits are more coordinated now, both on land and in air.
Glad you are facing a better challenge now. Next time to increase the difficulty even more, you will have more fun being a "veteran". :P
DoctorHaider wrote:Why is the Il-4 (DB-3F) level bomber not in the mod?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilyushin_Il-4

It is included, it is available mid 1942.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”