Enhancement requests: Scenario Editor

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: Enhancement requests: Scenario Editor

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

One thing that I think would be useful is the ability to copy all Victory Conditions listed in the "Campaign Conditions" and make them duplicate into "Scenario Conditions" and Vice Versa. I find it slightly annoying when developing scenarios to have to do THE EXACT SAME THING in another section.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

For a possible update it would be cool to allow more than 5 transport types per side under "Scenario Params" > "Transports" in the editor. Before we had TP categories per units in the eqp file 5 per side seemed more than enough, but with those moddable TP categories we got later (which are a cool feature) modders might want to set up more than 5 specific air or naval TPs (like gliders being able to TP certain units only, different air or naval TP types etc.) in a given scn, esp. whith several nations per side.
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

Allow a designer to assign the player to a unit.

Example: Player = Human Player =AI

This way you can have the same map for a campaign, single scenario or multi player.
GaryChildress
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by GaryChildress »

It would be great to be able to have an alternate core for certain scenarios in a campaign. For example, when playing as Germans you might always have your German core but when the Italians are present in a battle you could have a special Italian core which you could build also, however, the Italian core would only be available in those battles in which the Italians are present and not in other battles.
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

Ok, this is my wishlist based on my modding experience:

- Increase the zones limit. 32 is so few, especially for big scenarios, I think 64 could work but more will be welcome of course.
- Option to add descriptions or titles to the triggers, just like the old StarCraft map editor. Right now is a nightmare to find one if you are working in a big scripted scenario.
- Chance to add copy/edit options to edit triggers or content of the them.
- Ability to create "triggers condition groups" shortcut to units spawn. This would save A LOT of time and peace of mind for the modders in big scenarios.
- Option to add descriptions or titles to the tags.
- Undo option for terrain editing :P

That is all for now. I hope Slitherine could take note of them :D
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

In hex action, an opportunity to change a condition of a hex - to delete/add an AI zone number in scripts.

It can resolve an issue with restriction for quantity of AI zones. Maybe :)
[MOD] RUSSIA AT WAR:1941 - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=75743
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

- Change VP not only in zones, but in hex coordinates (X,Y) too.

PS. I understand that the project PZC is finished :-)
[MOD] RUSSIA AT WAR:1941 - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=75743
tenshin111
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by tenshin111 »

Intenso82 wrote:
PS. I understand that the project PZC is finished :-)
I'm no insider but I assume that this is the case....and I hope PzC 2 is somewhere on the horizon ;)
Molve
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Molve »

Let's hope the PC2 editor is built using this wish list :)

Of course, the change that would solve all issues once and for all is if the effort to create all these dialog boxes and UI elements are abandoned.

It is much faster and, for a programmer, much easier to work on something like XML code. Instead of this huge click-fest, you just load up notepad or your favorite text editor. All the issues regarding repetetive editing disappears like magic - instead you can simply copy-paste and edit the text to your fancy.

If you believe that creates an insurmountable obstacle for newbies, you really don't have to choose between one or the other. It would be a fairly small effort to implement an "export/import to XML" function, keeping all the myriad dialogs within dialogs for cautious people, and allowing powerusers to write their scenarios using a text editor. :idea:

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”