Kriegsmarine Corps?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

Konigstiger88
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Kriegsmarine Corps?

Post by Konigstiger88 »

With the new Order of Battle Kriegsmarine coming out I thought why not make a Panzer Corps mod where you can play as the German navy. I don't have the time or skill to create this but just floating the idea to anyone who's interested. A campaign for this would have to be hypothetical, with a decisive victory in the Norway campaign being a must. Further scenarios being commerce raiding in the Atlantic, supporting Operation Sealion, fighting the Black sea fleet, Arctic convoy raiding, operations in the Mediterranean (seizing Gibraltar, Malta and supporting invasions in North Africa and Middle East), supporting seizures of British colonies, cooperative attacks with Japan in the Indian ocean and finally challenging the American Navy. Like Panzer Corps you could customize your core including Destroyers, Light Cruisers, Heavy Cruisers, Pocket Battleships/Battle Cruisers, Battleships, Submarines, Carriers and aircraft. Aircraft would include carrier based fighters, bombers and long range aircraft like the Condor and strategic bombers. Later scenarios could include proposed ships never built in real life, like Hitler's proposed 20 inch gun battleships.
Yrfin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: Kriegsmarine Corps?

Post by Yrfin »

Looks like developers dont think about Navy in game. You're are can't ever purchase naval units by default in game (And structures too). Absent of naval-aicrafts (like torpedo, sea-recon and so). But modding Navy looking interesting for me and i think about make small campain of Arctics convoys (PQ-17).
When im died - I must be a killed.
edahl1980
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by edahl1980 »

From 1941 and on the Kriegsmarine didnt do much other than hide. They were a fugitive on the run.
Konigstiger88
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Konigstiger88 »

TigerIII wrote:From 1941 and on the Kriegsmarine didnt do much other than hide. They were a fugitive on the run.
Indeed, that's why for a mod like this to work it would have to be a "what if" campaign. Such as if Germany had invested more in it's navy or had more success in it's naval campaigns.
tenshin111
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by tenshin111 »

PzC engine is very old and not really suited for any kind of "deep" naval combat. And you can't mod this game's engine, unfortunately.

While I'm not a big fan of Order of Battle games they did naval combat very well. You should give it a try if you're interested in this aspect. And people are making custom campaigns there too! ;)
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

The Hunters in the Atlantic multiplayer scenario is probably the height of naval warfare in Panzer Corps. As mentioned, naval warfare just doesn't see much detail in Panzer Corps to really flesh out into even more than it already is.

viewtopic.php?f=125&t=24449
edahl1980

Post by edahl1980 »

If Pacific corpse was ever released, naval warfare would have played an essential role.
Pacific general was a very good game, a game i wish i could find and re-play even today.
Cerberus51

Post by Cerberus51 »

TigerIII wrote:If Pacific corpse was ever released, naval warfare would have played an essential role.
Pacific general was a very good game, a game i wish i could find and re-play even today.
I have PacGen from GOG. To be honest I don't play it because I find the flaws too irritating (the clumsy mechanic for carrier aircraft and not being able to save before deploying). I am just hoping we get PzC 2 with a proper naval capability. I'm not into modding but would be interested enough in creating naval scenarios to learn how.
ElDude
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by ElDude »

Anyone remember SSI's Warship? I'm trying to get my old atari ST running again so I can play it again. it had a scenario builder and some where I have a disc of scenario's I made for it. I would like to see a remake of that old game with new graphics.
rubyjuno
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by rubyjuno »

Moving slightly off topic, I also had an Atari ST but don't remember that particular game (it was a long time ago!). Have you checked out the emulators? I'm sure you would be able to get an emulator for the PC and the ROM for Warship if you scouted around.
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

ElDude wrote:Anyone remember SSI's Warship? I'm trying to get my old atari ST running again so I can play it again. it had a scenario builder and some where I have a disc of scenario's I made for it. I would like to see a remake of that old game with new graphics.
I remember SSI - Great Naval Battles series. Good but RT ;)
[MOD] RUSSIA AT WAR:1941 - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=75743
ptje63
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by ptje63 »

I played The Grandest Fleet for many years. Turnbased. Numerous flaws but still fun.
ElDude
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by ElDude »

rubyjuno wrote:Moving slightly off topic, I also had an Atari ST but don't remember that particular game (it was a long time ago!). Have you checked out the emulators? I'm sure you would be able to get an emulator for the PC and the ROM for Warship if you scouted around.
Great ideas. will look around and see if there's anything out there. I had the game for the atari 800 also. the ST version had more detailed ships, otherwise, same exact game. just cooler looking on the st and you don't have to listen to the disc drive on the 800 (sounded like a 18 wheeler trying to strip it's gears). Warship allowed you to create ships not included in the game. with the scenario editor you can create most any naval surface battle. which brings me back on topic as I created several battles involving the Kriegsmarine, including a few what if's. however it did have it's limitations, such as no aircraft, but still a great game.
ElDude
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by ElDude »

ptje63 wrote:I played The Grandest Fleet for many years. Turnbased. Numerous flaws but still fun.
That was a fun game. QQP had a number of titles that were outstanding turn-based games.

one naval game that I never got to play was microprose's taskforce 1942. a friend of mine once said he wanted a game where he could sail the sea's, looking for the enemy, while kicking back in his captain's chair with a cup of coffee and a smile on his face. he told me he thought this was the game. I lost touch with him after that. never heard if this was his game.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Hi,
Are you interested in this ?
A miniMod with a new Kriegsmarine nation like my Waffen SS miniMod (http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 47&t=74939) ?

Return to “Panzer Corps”