Minor factions

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Yrfin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: Minor factions

Post by Yrfin »

The attention to details is a sign of really Big, qualitative game. IMHO.
When im died - I must be a killed.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Mark50 wrote:4. if you have what to work with you can create via the scenario design some areas that look distinctive enough from one map to the other. One example (maybe not the best) is that in PzC the Canal graphics are unused. If you use them for the Albert Canal in the Low Countries (it had the generic river graphics in PzC) or as the Corinth Canal in Greece (ignored in game) it makes for more memorable maps.
It may have used them in 1940 because the canal was barely finished by that year, but DLC 1945 uses alternate graphics.

best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by best75 »

I personalty love the ideal of campaigns for minor countries.
Gives a new perspective on the war and playing as the underdog against the big countries.
Mark50
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Mark50 »

@Rudankort would it be a good idea to have threads (in the public forum) discussing the potential rosters for the smaller factions?

I`m thinking that many of them are not that easy to research, not least due to language barriers, and having them posted publicly while there`s still time to make amendments would make it harder for completely ahistorical equipment to end up in their purchase screen and maybe increase the chances that some key pieces of equipment would not be skipped. I was thinking to start one for Romania with supporting links to articles and pictures. It would be a comprehensive unit roster, but with notes about how important those units were (numbers in use, timeframe in which they were used, whether or not they were bought or produced in the country etc.) so that a slimmer roster could be extracted depending on the need. It could be a good place to discuss things and in the end, the decision of what to include is still yours.
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

@Mark50_I'm thinking that many of them are not that easy to research, not least due to language barriers
I think we can be more Optimistic than taking that stance!. There is an endless supply of information on the Internet, and we also have a relatively well informed cast of "character's/volunteer's" at this Web-Site who are 'ready'...'willing'...and...'able' to put their 2-cent's in.

I, personally see very little difficulty in acquiring most any type of information that is requested.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok!, I was just gone for less than 5 minutes, so im editing this initial posting with more information and this is the result of the 1st Web Site on the Polish Armed Forces that I came across.
https://ww2-weapons.com/polish-armed-forces/

In addition, at the bottom of this Web Page is a topic heading entitled... "RELATED ARTICLES"

*** Yugoslavia Armed Forces in WW2
*** Norwegian Armed Forces
*** Austro-Hungarian Army in World War 2
*** Danish Armed Forces – Army, Air...
*** Dutch Armed Forces in May 1940
proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by proline »

Rudankort wrote:I thought this post was a very good start for discussion on "minor" factions in Panzer Corps 2, so I split it into a separate topic. Hope you don't mind. Although the four "big ones" will always take priority, I also agree that for progress of the game series in general, it would be good to improve this particular aspect as well. However, we'll need to consider this on a case by case basis.
At a bare minimum, give, the smaller participants the units that they actually had. I.e. Canada had Lancaster bombers and spitfire squadrons. Why the hell didn't they in PzC? It's not like it would be hard when said units are already in the game.
edahl1980
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by edahl1980 »

The Polish DLC where you first defend against Germany, then counterattack and capture Berlin, Frankfurt and Munich. Then shift east and have a little Barbarossa twist winning that. Then destroy western allies..
How bout it? :D
edahl1980

Post by edahl1980 »

KeldorKatarn wrote:The French fought in Norway so you could definitely start there already. Same for the british. The phony war could be done also yeah but I think Norway would be a coolers start, maybe the Phony war as an eary few units tutorial mission. After all there wasn't really anything happening there.
Optional. Where do you want to fight? Norway or Belgium/Holland/France?
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

In PanzerGeneral3dAssault there was a full campaign with the french, the 2eDB of Leclerc (2nd Armor Division of general Leclerc)
The campaign in PG3D started at the landing in France,
but hey PCorps devs you could even build a campaign starting in Africa, at least as a tutorial..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippe_ ... que#Africa
http://military.wikia.com/wiki/2nd_Armo ... n_(France)

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”