Order of Battle version 3.3.2 Notes

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Order of Battle version 3.3.2 Notes

Post by Daniele »

Hi all!

Kriegsmarine comes with an important update too for the base game!
Check out the full changelog below!

You can download the update from here (Mac) or here (PC)

3.3.2 Patchnotes

• 50+ new units added, including the Bismarck, Hood, Graf Zeppelin aircraft carrier and seaplane tenders.
• 6 new German air and naval commanders, also available as avatar in multiplayer
• 2 new multiplayer maps added: 1v1 Two Bridges and 1v1 Peninsula
• Skirmish mode preview available in multiplayer, featuring one naval map type: Coastal Point
Gameplay
• Surfaced enemy submarines can only be spotted by adjacent units
• Submarines have a limited "battery time": this limits the amount of turns they can stay submerged and needs to recharge when surfaced.
• Battleships have a special ability to fire their primary (big) guns. This has a cooldown of 1 turn. Their normal attack uses their secondary gun armament. (German BB's only for testing purposes)
• Ships take less damage from enemy naval gunfire the more movement points they have spent during their own turn.
• Commander chance to get wounded based on damage taken, not strength after any combat action. The higher the losses are compared to the pre-combat strength, the higher the chance the commander will get wounded.
• Seaplane Tenders are now a separate unit class and provide a separate type of air supply. They now allow the deployment, repairs and refueling of (non-recon) seaplanes (floatplanes & flying boats), while carriers still supply both carrier-based aircraft and seaplanes.
UI
• Commander portraits can be minimized to cover less of the screen, by clicking the "-" button at the top right corner of each portrait.
• Additional unit traits have been added to the unit traits display in the bottom UI bar.

Download Mirrors:

PC:
http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/Order ... p-v332.zip
http://ftp.eu.matrixgames.com/pub/Order ... p-v332.zip
http://ftp.ca.matrixgames.com/pub/Order ... p-v332.zip

Mac:
http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/Order ... e-v332.zip
http://ftp.eu.matrixgames.com/pub/Order ... e-v332.zip
http://ftp.ca.matrixgames.com/pub/Order ... e-v332.zip
ikbenrichard
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Order of Battle version 3.3.2 Notes

Post by ikbenrichard »

Thnx daniele !

Can you please tell us which 50+ new units are added and for which campaigns?
makigono1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by makigono1 »

"You don't have permission to view "...OrderOfBattle-WorldWarII-MacRelease-v332.zip"..."

Link to the zip file fails.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Please use the download mirrors.
RidgeRunner6
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by RidgeRunner6 »

OOB updated through Steam this morning. Currently I have Winter War and Pacific, and I have a two monitor display. I started OOB. The screen goes dark with the music playing, so I have to click to get the main menu to display. My display monitor is cut in half in that the monitor fully displays the menu like normal, but I cannot move my cursor pass the halfway mark. I cannot click on anything in the right half of the screen (including exit). If I move my cursor to my second display (which just shows my desktop) I can only move the cursor over half the screen.

This was not an issue prior to this update. Thanks.
makigono1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by makigono1 »

VPaulus wrote:Please use the download mirrors.
Thanks much. Next time I'll try not to be a fool and will actually read all the way to the bottom of the post before freaking out. :-)
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

RidgeRunner6 wrote:OOB updated through Steam this morning. Currently I have Winter War and Pacific, and I have a two monitor display. I started OOB. The screen goes dark with the music playing, so I have to click to get the main menu to display. My display monitor is cut in half in that the monitor fully displays the menu like normal, but I cannot move my cursor pass the halfway mark. I cannot click on anything in the right half of the screen (including exit). If I move my cursor to my second display (which just shows my desktop) I can only move the cursor over half the screen.

This was not an issue prior to this update. Thanks.
Delete the Settings folder that can be found in the Windows documents folder at:
...\Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2
Run the game and check if the issue persists.
RidgeRunner6

Post by RidgeRunner6 »

No luck, still didn't fix it. If I go back to using a single display, the game works fine, but I'd rather not have to do this every time I play OOB.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

RidgeRunner6 wrote:No luck, still didn't fix it. If I go back to using a single display, the game works fine, but I'd rather not have to do this every time I play OOB.
Try windowed mode.
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

Twin monitors. I had this problem too.

Turn off the second monitor, start the game and do all your installations and options.
Quit the game. Turn on the second monitor.
RidgeRunner6

Post by RidgeRunner6 »

That fixed it. Thanks for the support!
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

Why the steam is written that the game was updated to version 3.3.6 !?
w_michael
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by w_michael »

One of the notes is:
• Surfaced enemy submarines can only be spotted by adjacent units

Is this limited to ending movement adjacent to a surfaced submarine, or does it include a unit (ship, float plane, etc.) moving past the submarine within one hex? I've been using float planes to try to locate known enemy submarines to no avail.
William Michael, Pike & Shot Campaigns and Field of Glory II series enthusiast
KeinGeneral
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by KeinGeneral »

Frage, was soll dieses Update alles bewirken?

Fehler, die vorhanden sind, WERDEN nicht bzw. wurden nicht behoben (Commander Ward wird nicht obwohl er kommen soll, nicht angezeigt, alter Fehler, lange gemeldet!!!!).
Stattdessen sind Schlachtschiffe nur noch Schrott, da kaum noch Wirkung auf japanische Kreuzer, die wiederum auf einmal die Wunderwaffe der Japaner werden (können alles zerstören, was Schlachtschiffe nicht können!!!!!). Was soll so ein Update bewirken??? Frust??? Ja, den habe ich jetzt!!!!!!
Und dann soll man dafür auch noch weiteres Geld für Erweiterungen ausgeben???
Ich sage "Nein Danke, nicht für solchen Schrott"!!!!!

Nun aber Fragen, die endlich beantwortet werden sollten (gerne auf Deutsch und vor allem von Leuten die hier was zu sagen haben bzw vom Hersteller des Spieles): Wann werden endlich die asbach uralten Fehler endlich behoben, damit die alten und schon lange bezahlten Spiele wieder spielbar werden?????
Wann kommen Dinge wie UNDO, was schon lange gefordert wurde????
Und welche Updates gibt es, weil hier Nummern wie 3.3.6 und 3.3.7 auftauchen???

Über baldige und genaue Antworten würde ich mich freuen!!!!!

Zusatz zu meinem Posting:

1. Commander Ward wurde gefunden, allerdings werden neue Commander wohl automatisch der Einheit, die das Protokoll auslösen, zugeordnet!! Bitte sofort ändern!!!
2. Bei Einheiten mit einem Commander (hier Commander Ward) wird die Stärkeanzeige nicht mehr angezeigt!!!
3. Nach dem Update werden erworbene Prestige nicht mehr mit ins nächste Spiel übernommen!!! Fehler!!!
If you find mistakes may keep them or send to Google, the Google there are errors

Return to “Order of Battle Series”