Derby Teams Venue Change

Moderators: terrys, Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

titanu
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Derby Teams Venue Change

Post by titanu »

Big news at Derby Worlds 2017!
There has been a change in the venue due to the Donington Exhibition centre being taken over and the new owners wishing to take Donington in a new direction. As such Derby Worlds will instead be held at Hangar 42 at Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 5QS. See the link below. All the plans we have in place for Derby Worlds 2017 are still in place and we will keep you informed as we progress.
This revision only happened over the past 2-3 weeks and trade forms have gone out this week with the new details on them, and it is great to report that overall there is positive support and bookings are already in place for some of the trade stands We will keep you updated on them as they come in.
The derbyworlds website updates will follow shortly, the huge effort involved with finding the new venue impacted the time available to make those updates so we are a little behind at the moment on them.
http://www.derbyworlds.com
http://www.bruntingthorpeevents.com
madlemmey
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Derby Teams Venue Change

Post by madlemmey »

Can we stop calling it Derby yet! :lol:
kevinj
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by kevinj »

This may explain why I've heard nothing from the new organisers.
christophe
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by christophe »

Hi everybody.
What's new for the fog-r tournament ? :mrgreen:
" A vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire "
Le cid.
madaxeman
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by madaxeman »

I'm hoping to find out more soon, however based on current takeup levels for FoGR events in the UK it's hard to see any that 2-day event could expect to attract the minimum of 18 players who would be needed to make the current 3-player-team format viable I'm afraid.

Looking at the list of people who attended last year I can easily see as many as 10 of the 24 from 2016 choosing to play in other events, or not returning at all:

Anyone here who participated last time care to comment?
http://www.madaxeman.com
Holiday in Devon? Try https://www.thecaptainscottagebrixham.com
charles
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by charles »

The team France it's ok for return.
Best regards
Denis
kevinj
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by kevinj »

If we're going to have Fog R at Derby, as Tim has pointed out, we'd need a minimum of 18 players for a viable team event. So far only the French team has indicated it would come (Thank you Denis!) and I've had one individual enquiry.

So, who would be up for this? If we can get 6 teams I believe I can run it. Individuals can also show interest as we can combine people into teams.
RonanTheLibrarian

Post by RonanTheLibrarian »

I shall see if I am free that weekend, and my son Patrick. Do we know what the themes will be? Neither of us has a 25mm army.
"No plan survives the first contact with the dice."

"There is something wrong with our bloody dice today!"
quackstheking
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by quackstheking »

Hi Kevin,

Myself, Jim G and John M will form a multinational alliance for the worlds!

Don
viking123
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by viking123 »

Don,

While you have managed to take J Munro from my team I still hope to sort out a team for Derby (Lutterworth). So that will be 4 teams.
viking123
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by viking123 »

At the Oxford Round of the Southern League I raised the question of the World's Team competition Derby (Lutterworth). In addition to the Wessex, French, Misfits, Multinational Alliance there will also be a October/Burton team. making 5 teams. There is a Derby based team playing at Campaign next weekend plus there are some players looking for a team including Andy Kitcher. Lets get the details out of the competition so that other players can indicate their desire to play.
madaxeman

Post by madaxeman »

It definately looks like the event is going to reach 6 teams or more, so we can safely say that we're on for the same 3-player/team format as before - as soon as the Derby people give us the go-ahead we'll get something out about it.
http://www.madaxeman.com
Holiday in Devon? Try https://www.thecaptainscottagebrixham.com
steads
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by steads »

I need a team but want to play
kevinj
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by kevinj »

OK, in preparation for official go ahead, let's get some thoughts together on pools/themes.

1) Do we want to retain a 25mm Pool? If so it probably has to be ECW/30YW as that's what most people have in that scale.

We normally have a Western Pool in 15mm and something from the hairy fringes. Last year we had an Early (Pre 1560) period and an Americas theme. So:

2) The choice here would seem to be a mid (post Italian war/Pre Musket) period or a late one. Last time we had a period it was dominated by Swedes, although the proposed updates would change the viability of a number of armies. Or we could do something Tercio based.

3) I fancy something Elephant based.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
RonanTheLibrarian

Post by RonanTheLibrarian »

1) With no dog in the 25mm fight, I would say keep it in, it does seem quite popular from all the "chat" at Oxford on Sunday.

2) There is a Southern League Italian Wars round in Southampton on Sunday 24th September and a fair few Derby attendees will be playing in that - do people want to run the same armies out again, or not? Otherwise, I would like 1680s/1690s.

3) Elephants sounds good.

Our team would need to borrow armies for 1) and 3); 2) we have covered either way.
"No plan survives the first contact with the dice."

"There is something wrong with our bloody dice today!"
christophe
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by christophe »

Few army contain elephants, this reduces the choice.
For what not to make a list "rest of the world" with only the arquebusier options (no musket).
I am sure there are African armies, see Amerindians who only ask to get out of the cabinets
" A vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire "
Le cid.
kevinj
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by kevinj »

For Derby we like to run tighter themes than normal because each team only has to provide one of each. Each pool will only have 6-8 players, so there's plenty of scope for variety even with a restricted theme. Last year we had an Americas theme, so we're looking to do something different this year. I don't think many people have African armies other than West Sudanese and Tuareg.

Return to “Tournaments ”