Welcome and Q&A

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Re: Welcome and Q&A

Post by Rudankort »

asuser wrote:Future / Refresh of the original PC: Is there a chance to see further .exe patches after the nice hot fix for attacksub... like updates for movement types, abilities and other things?
I'm going to be super-busy with the new game most of the time, so no promises, but I might be able to do some changes like this. The problem here is with the right priorities. There are so many different requests, and it's very difficult to tell if any particular feature would just benefit a few people, or a bigger crowd. Perhaps we need to use a site like http://idea.informer.com/ to put all ideas online and have people voting for them. This would help to determine which changes are really important and which are not. We also need a volunteer who would manage this process. :)
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

hs1611 wrote:3 - Could we have a "Suggestions" subforum?
That way each individual suggestion could be discussed on its own topic, instead of the mess it is now.
For now, let us just create a new topic in this forum for every suggestion or discussion, This is what this forum is for!
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

TSPC37730 wrote:Any plans for changing the way SE units are handled? I'd like to see other classes besides infantry & armor - or fighters as in US Corps.
I expect the engine to be able to recolor any unit into any skin, so doing SE units from any classes should not be that big of a problem. But I'm not particularly happy how SE units work in PzC1, so looking at ways to redo this mechanic in a better way.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

nikivdd wrote:German equipment in service of Axis minors could be included straight away in the vanilla version. Graphic unsavvy people like myself would be grateful.
Like I said above, the engine should be able to recolor units routinely, which means we can use any units with any factions in the game out of the box. The modders won't need to recolor the models themselves. Only more complex unit modifications will require diving into technical stuff.
edahl1980
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by edahl1980 »

Graphics make no difference to me when it come to turn based strategy.
I wont zoom in to watch the tiger destroy a t-34. If possible ill turn it off and make it simple.
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

Do you plan to improve sea and air battles?

1.I would like to see a division into several modes of spotting.
Naval radar, Air radar.

2.More modes for ships and air units.
Torpedo attacks, setting sea mines...etc.

3. There are several possible modes for spotting ground units.
For example, air reconnaissance can look at long distances.
But if the unit is in the forest, the probability of its detection from the air is reduced.

For ground units. Recon spotting. The same principles as in the windows game miner.
The unit does not see all the hexes, but only before meeting with the enemy unit. The fact that he is behind him, he does not see.
And for example, a special unit of deep reconnaissance can see +1 hex at this distance.
[MOD] RUSSIA AT WAR:1941 - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=75743
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Intenso82 wrote:Do you plan to improve sea and air battles?
Absolutely. Personally, I think that air and naval warfare was a weaker part of the game, compared to ground war, and one of my goals is to achieve better balance here.
Intenso82 wrote:3. There are several possible modes for spotting ground units.
Spotting is tricky, because more advanced spotting rules do not usually make the game more challenging in a fun way. When some units are more difficult to spot, you need to counter them by scouting the map more carefully and do it all the time, even though real findings will be rare. This can easily become a boring task. I am thinking how we can strike a good compromise here.

Also, in Panzer Corps players often replay each scenario a few times, before they are happy with the final result. In this situation, any complex spotting rules are meaningless, because players already know for sure where enemy units are. To make it work, we need some good scenario randomization options and less predictable AI, so all these aspects should be considered together.
Yrfin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by Yrfin »

Rudankort wrote: Also, in Panzer Corps players often replay each scenario a few times, before they are happy with the final result. In this situation, any complex spotting rules are meaningless, because players already know for sure where enemy units are. To make it work, we need some good scenario randomization options and less predictable AI, so all these aspects should be considered together.
Plus good scenario/campaign design. Without skillful design any randomization don't be useful.
When im died - I must be a killed.
makigono1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by makigono1 »

My only question is the usual (for me): Availability on Mac?
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

makigono1 wrote:My only question is the usual (for me): Availability on Mac?
In theory, making Mac version should be straightforward, considering that Mac is a desktop platform similar to PC, and our code is cross-platform. But we cannot promise it before we try it.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Which will be the differences between Panzer Corps 2 and Order of Battle ?
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

terminator wrote:Which will be the differences between Panzer Corps 2 and Order of Battle ?
It's impossible to fully answer this question without referencing Panzer Corps 2 feature list, which has not been announced yet. Once more information is released, this question will answer itself.

As a sequel to Panzer Corps, Panzer Corps 2 will be built around familiar concepts like close combat, suppression, overstrength, fuel, ammo etc. We will not invent a completely new system, but improve existing one. At the same time, even before incorporating any feedback from the community, my list of changes in gameplay is 30 pages long. Most novelties we introduce in Panzer Corps 2 will not copy Order of Battle, but develop the game in a different direction.
Spacemutiny
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Spacemutiny »

Hello! I am a new fan of Panzer Corps and have been really enjoying it! I am excited about the announcement of the sequel and wanted to ask, are there any plans for a random scenario generator? I am aware they can never produce as good a scenario as a handcrafted one, but this feature has, imo, been missing from a lot of recent wargames. I miss it.
GrimReaper72

Post by GrimReaper72 »

I played the first version of Panzer General and I still like the concept. Looking forward to Panzer Corps 2 8)

One question: I seem to remember that the campaign in Panzer Corps 1 was set in stone; even if, as Germany, you won at Stalingrad and Caucasus, it would not affect the total outcome. Will Panzer Corps 2 have dynamic campaigns?
RVallant
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by RVallant »

Rudankort wrote:
terminator wrote:Which will be the differences between Panzer Corps 2 and Order of Battle ?
It's impossible to fully answer this question without referencing Panzer Corps 2 feature list, which has not been announced yet. Once more information is released, this question will answer itself.

As a sequel to Panzer Corps, Panzer Corps 2 will be built around familiar concepts like close combat, suppression, overstrength, fuel, ammo etc. We will not invent a completely new system, but improve existing one. At the same time, even before incorporating any feedback from the community, my list of changes in gameplay is 30 pages long. Most novelties we introduce in Panzer Corps 2 will not copy Order of Battle, but develop the game in a different direction.
I'm kind of glad to hear this.

I loved Panzer Corps, but really, really hated Order of Battle. I don't think I was the only one either, Steam reviews seem to agree (Very Positive for PC, Mixed for OOB).

There were some elements in OOB I actually thought was quite clever. Supply lines for example seemed to be an interesting feature. AT units offering supporting fire was an excellent idea that I really wished was in PZC, as I always felt AT guns were pretty 'meh' overall. Even in the later scenarios, when the mighty Russian horde starts throwing tanks around, AT's never really stayed alive long enough for me to justify their cost. - Admittedly they weren't super-experienced, so that was a factor. Having them supporting the defence was great in a way.

But I refer back to your earlier comment about the Panzer Corps being easy to pick up and play. I hope PZC2 maintains that ease, I love that there was a range of difficulties you could go on. Heck, I only played on the normal difficulty, but that was alright, good enough for me!

Mind you, having said that, what are your plans for units? Are you going to dispense with some (like the aforementioned AT units) or simply change things up to try and make all sorts of units viable? Will you be incentivising (not even a word!) the use of certain units? Or limiting the use of others? What is the mechanic you'll use in place of the prestige cap? Will it be an 'army roster' of a sort? Will we get a nice HQ where we can pick and choose and such? So many possibilities! I look forward to it all the same.
Torgrimmer

Post by Torgrimmer »

Thank you for the work you Devs have put into this section for us, im very grateful.

My question:
Do you plan on put in a Pacific Theater campaign either in release or DLC in Panzer Corp 2?
boromir
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Welcome and Q&A/ what about a grand campaign!!

Post by boromir »

I would like to se a more free gamestyle. You have a grandscale map of europe and can zoom in on all countrys. You can choose who you want to attack and when. For example if i attack france they have x-amounts of areas, each representing a misson. When you invade a certain region you recieve an amount of prestige wich you can invest in simple research, buildup of the army, airforce, navy etc..

Make the game more open so to say and be able to feel that you really control a country but at the same time be true to the simple gamestyle!

Martin from sweden :)
Erasermarek
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Erasermarek »

Hi, i play beta Panzer Corps and now own Panzer Corps gold... absolutly satisfying. Order of Battle is for me too different but i like graphic and 3d model in this game... if i get Panzer Corps core game with Order graphic i dont need anymore improved... bcz PzC is good enough for me. But remember i dont like small campaign like vanilla of PzC was. I hope will be from start complex like GC. So my question is: When is ETA of Beta spring or summer 2018? When is ETA of full game?
CarbonatedPork

Post by CarbonatedPork »

Rudankort wrote:

I just recently picked up Panzer Gold with the holiday sale and I am absolutely loving it. I tried Order of Battle's demo out and I agree with the other posters that Panzer Corps' easing of new players into the mechanics is rock solid. Another motivating factor for picking up Panzer Corps is that it runs well on potato systems. If you guys wind up adding more interesting mechanics while still keeping the ease of introduction and low system requirements, I am gonna be all aboard the Panzer Corps 2 train. Luckily, there's a boatload of content to work my way through before I get antsy for an updated experience, so I'm really glad y'all are taking your time to get the sequel to market. If you're working off of 30 pages of notes on gameplay alone, that's amazing. I'm happy to be patient for another amazingly dense experience! Thank you guys for your hard work keeping turn based strategy alive and well!

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”