GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: ECW Campaign 2017 Royalist Line of Communication

Post by GDod »

The Naki Bardman.jpg
The Naki Bardman.jpg (3.38 KiB) Viewed 5761 times
Good point mouser

If you advise me what army is declared when you move in the campaign and I advise when I've posted the map. Wouldn't this solve the issue?
For this round I declare that both armies should be ECW Royalist 43-44 Parliament 43-45
awesum4
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by awesum4 »

To my dearest compatriot and esteemed fellow patriot Kelen2, the High Sherriff of Nottingham,

please accept my humble apologies for any offense that may have been caused by my former secretary having mischeviously inserted that vile wretch Snuggles name in my previous missive. The aforementioned secretary has been dealt with appropriately and is now gainfully employed in the deepest reaches of my extensive Cornish tin mines.

I am sure all us true patriots join in wishing God's luck in your joyful endeavor of crushing the Yorkist rebels on the field of battle.

Yours Manfully,

Andre Devereaux,

Count of Cornwall
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

GDod wrote:
The Naki Bardman.jpg
Good point mouser

If you advise me what army is declared when you move in the campaign and I advise when I've posted the map. Wouldn't this solve the issue?
For this round I declare that both armies should be ECW Royalist 43-44 Parliament 43-45
Sounds good to me!
Kelen2
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Kelen2 »

Might be being a bit thick, but any idea how to take screens shots from the game? Whenever I try all I get is my desktop. Was going to show you guys what I'm up against with Snugglebunnies, (looking a pretty tough nut to me, what with very similar forces).
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Gavin is the man for that stuff. If it was too easy it would be less fun....good luck, Andre
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Gavin,

how does the army movement work? Do you resolve it as:

a/ all armies move one, then flying columns move a second time

b/ flying columns move one, then all armies move one

c/ flying columns move one, other armies move one, then flying columns move again

d/ some other system I haven't thought of

I am in 21, Kerry (who is a slippery bastard at times) is in 18 I want to make sure I stop him advancing further. If I move to 18 as a normal army and he moves to 19 as a normal army does he get away from me as moves are simultaneous?
Kelen2

Post by Kelen2 »

awesum4 wrote:Gavin,

c/ flying columns move one, other armies move one, then flying columns move again

I am in 21, Kerry (who is a slippery bastard at times) is in 18 I want to make sure I stop him advancing further. If I move to 18 as a normal army and he moves to 19 as a normal army does he get away from me as moves are simultaneous?
Could make a lot of difference. e.g. Awesum4 moves as flying column from 21 - 17 - 5, Kerry moves a normal from 18 - 17 and LFDLM moves as normal from 9 -5
a) Both armies move into 17 resulting in combat, Awesum4 110pts flying column v Kerry 1050pts standard, whilst LFDLM occupies 5 unchallenged, (if Awesum4 wins in 17 would he then move to 5 or would that be the end of his turn?)
b) Awesum4 occupies 17 unchallenged but then loses it, as he moves into 5, (resulting in a battle with LFDLM, 1100pt flying column v 1050pt standard), Kerry takes 17 unchallenged behind him, (this would also mean that if Awesum4 lost his battle with LFDLM he would have to retreat into 22
c) Awesum4 takes 17 unchallenged, then LFDLM takes 5 unchallenged, but Kerry would have to fight a battle for 17, 1050pt standard v Awesum4 1150pt flying column, but Awesum4 is also the defender, having already taken the county. (If Awesum4 loses he would have to retreat back into 21, but if he wins would he then move into 5, having to battle LFDLM for the county, 1150pt flying column v 1100pt standard army defending?)

Argh, so many options!

Would appear to be far, far simpler, to go with option 1, and to say that if a flying column has already fought a battle during their first move then they don't get to move again, (due to them being disorganised due to the battle). There is still an issue regarding the timing of battles though, e.g. Awesum4 and Kerry are both moving as normal into 17, (Awesum4 from 21 and Kerry 18), and so will have to fight for the county, (1100pt v 1050pt); whilst LFDLM moves as flying column from 9 - 5 - 17. LFDLM will take 5 unchallenged but what happens when he moves into 17? I would assume that the battle there is still ongoing, in which case he will act as a reinforcement for Kerry, rather than Awesum4 having to fight Kerry for the county, in if victorious having then to fight LFDLM for it again! (although he would be a 1150pt standard defender v 1100pt flying column).

Hope that actually makes sense, (was confusing myself just writing it!)
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

The Naki Bardman.jpg
The Naki Bardman.jpg (3.38 KiB) Viewed 5715 times

I a]m in 21, Kerry who is a slippery bastard at times) is in 18 I want to make sure I stop him advancing further. If I move to 18 as a normal army and he moves to 19 as a normal army does he get away from me as moves are simultaneous?
(a) Sounds good to me awsum
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

The Naki Bardman.jpg
The Naki Bardman.jpg (3.38 KiB) Viewed 5712 times
Kelen2 wrote:

Could make a lot of difference. e.g. Awesum4 moves as flying column from 21 - 17 - 5, Kerry moves a normal from 18 - 17 and LFDLM moves as normal from 9 -5

a) Both armies move into 17 resulting in combat, Awesum4 110pts flying column v Kerry 1050pts standard, whilst LFDLM occupies 5 unchallenged, (if Awesum4 wins in 17 would he then move to 5 or would that be the end of his turn?)
b) Awesum4 occupies 17 unchallenged but then loses it, as he moves into 5, (resulting in a battle with LFDLM, 1100pt flying column v 1050pt standard), Kerry takes 17 unchallenged behind him, (this would also mean that if Awesum4 lost his battle with LFDLM he would have to retreat into 22
c) Awesum4 takes 17 unchallenged, then LFDLM takes 5 unchallenged, but Kerry would have to fight a battle for 17, 1050pt standard v Awesum4 1150pt flying column, but Awesum4 is also the defender, having already taken the county. (If Awesum4 loses he would have to retreat back into 21, but if he wins would he then move into 5, having to battle LFDLM for the county, 1150pt flying column v 1100pt standard army defending?)

Argh, so many options!

Would appear to be far, far simpler, to go with option 1, and to say that if a flying column has already fought a battle during their first move then they don't get to move again, (due to them being disorganised due to the battle). There is still an issue regarding the timing of battles though, e.g. Awesum4 and Kerry are both moving as normal into 17, (Awesum4 from 21 and Kerry 18), and so will have to fight for the county, (1100pt v 1050pt); whilst LFDLM moves as flying column from 9 - 5 - 17. LFDLM will take 5 unchallenged but what happens when he moves into 17? I would assume that the battle there is still ongoing, in which case he will act as a reinforcement for Kerry, rather than Awesum4 having to fight Kerry for the county, in if victorious having then to fight LFDLM for it again! (although he would be a 1150pt standard defender v 1100pt flying column).

Hope that actually makes sense, (was confusing myself just writing it!)
Try reading it! You're thinking out loud I presume.... very Vygotskyian! Chance will solve conflicting issues Kelen! if equal in points and multiple movements into provinces... some issues may be decided by agreement amongst the faction. Either way you'll do you head in calculating possibilities before they happen Kelen :!:
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

The Naki Bardman.jpg
The Naki Bardman.jpg (3.38 KiB) Viewed 5698 times
Kelen2 wrote:Might be being a bit thick, but any idea how to take screens shots from the game? Whenever I try all I get is my desktop. Was going to show you guys what I'm up against with Snugglebunnies, (looking a pretty tough nut to me, what with very similar forces).
Sorry Kelen didn't se this post until today... old age!

I just press F2 during the game and it automatically downlaoads to the downloads folder as a blank tga file , then you need to change the file from tga to jpeg. This online converter http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-jpg is great to do that... just click convert to jpeg from left hand menu, enter file from downloads folder in choose file option and change to medium quality, choose save. Then I can "fiddle" with the file in my downloads folder where I change the title etc...

If you want to play around with other downloaded images they need to be under 256K and Jpeg... I use the above coverter if I need to convert from Giff or other file protocols. Then I'll download to paint to change imaging add text and generally play around. Pity paint 3D files are to big to post. Then I'll attach file on thread and post inline.

Once you get the hang of it it's a very fast process and not at all time consuming. Have fun Kelen :D
This one I've shrunk also using the online converter by merely changing the size. One thing I haven't tried is to sequence a whole battle with images of major actions within the battle.I'll have to play around and see how small you can get the images before you loose so much detail you can't make out what going on. (This would be a great one click in game feature if any of you programmers for the next generation of P&S are listening!)
A showing to forget (Small) (Custom).jpg
A showing to forget (Small) (Custom).jpg (54.38 KiB) Viewed 5696 times
Kelen2

Post by Kelen2 »

Good to see TGMs result.

Unfortunately Snugglesbunnies return rate is proving a bit slow, so unless the rebels collapse in the next few turns, I'm afraid it's not looking good to get my game wrapped up before the end of the month, which will mean both of us looked in combat and unable to move for next month's turn.

As such we may want to start discussing options for the turn ahead.
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Well done TGM, a massive victory, and a great boost to our cause, and no doubt a cause for great lamentation among the rebels.

Gavin,

I've talked to Brent and he has agreed that is only fair that TGM be given the title of the Duke of Warwick and the overall ownership of division 6 and the extra 100 points towards his army.

Have you managed to get this thread as a secure forum with only Royalist commanders and yourself having access to it, or is it possible for rebels to wander in at any time and peruse the contents here in?
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

The Naki Bardman.jpg
The Naki Bardman.jpg (3.38 KiB) Viewed 5670 times
awesum4 wrote:Well done TGM, a massive victory, and a great boost to our cause, and no doubt a cause for great lamentation among the rebels.

Gavin,

I've talked to Brent and he has agreed that is only fair that TGM be given the title of the Duke of Warwick and the overall ownership of division 6 and the extra 100 points towards his army.

Have you managed to get this thread as a secure forum with only Royalist commanders and yourself having access to it, or is it possible for rebels to wander in at any time and peruse the contents here in?
Agreed he may now add the title Duke of Warwick ("The ranks of the English peerage are, in descending order, Duke, Marquess, Earl, Viscount, and Baron.") I have taken the liberty to announce Lord Quiggly's peerage and honours as... Duke of Warwick, Lord High Steward of the West Midlands. !

Have you decided who is the King and what are his titles?

No... spies still could feasibly have access but I have complete faith in the gentlemanly behaviour of both sides.
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

I prefer that none of us is actually King, but rather he is a figurehead who were are all fighting for. We continue as a group of individuals who can each make their own move each turn, but hopefully work as a team to defeat the rebels.

Gavin, When is the end of this turn? When do we have to put our next move in by?
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

The Naki Bardman.jpg
The Naki Bardman.jpg (3.38 KiB) Viewed 5663 times
awesum4 wrote:I prefer that none of us is actually King, but rather he is a figurehead who were are all fighting for. We continue as a group of individuals who can each make their own move each turn, but hopefully work as a team to defeat the rebels.

Gavin, When is the end of this turn? When do we have to put our next move in by?
The King then remains in his residence somewhere in the West country... and titles will be awarded by ?... consensus of the commissariat? (sounds a bit republican!)
14 May was end of week one

W1 14/5 Order deadline
W2 21/5 Battle results will be posted
W3 28/5
W4 04/6 Battles completed by
W1 11/6 Order deadline

1 CYCLE
Players..............Orders................................................................... Week 1
Me...................Unopposed moves and Upcoming Battles advised by............... Last day of Week 1
Players..............Battles completed by...................................................Week 2-4
Me...................New Map Posted.........................................................Last day Week 4
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Greetings Gentlemen and Brothers in Arms in this Titanic Struggle against the forces of Anarchy,

I will not say too much at this stage as their may be false agents within hearing of this area.

His Majesties thoughts on the immediate future are that;

We should ignore the Heathen Scots at this time and use our Irish army to complete the conquest of Wales, in conjunction with Lord Brent's army.

Lord Doyley should return to his home base to secure it and be ready to thrust north. If Lord Kelen to continue to press north also.

Lord Lascar to advance on London with support from Young Lord Rutland moving through the midlands in support.

Lord TGM to also advance in the midlands taking advantage of his larger army to defeat the rebels in that area.

Myself to confront the southern rebels and secure the South for his Majesty.

His Majesty would ask if anyone has better uses of our armies, or disagreement of our strategy?

Andre Devereaux,

Duke of Cornwall
Kelen2

Post by Kelen2 »

I'm afraid it's not looking good in my battle against Snuggles.
youngr
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by youngr »

Yorkshire may fall to that rogue Snugglebunnies...

So, do I march north or south? I could advance south taking my field army to Northamptonshire to support a move towards London. Or, I could move my field army north to Lincolnshire to threaten Yorkshire.

Any advice my fellow Lords?
Kelen2

Post by Kelen2 »

It is with deep regret that, although not yet over, I am going to lose the battle for 35. We ended up with almost identical armies, but with Snuggles having the better terrain, and by far the better luck, (the Parliamentary horse actually beat my Royalists, and I lost track as to how many of his units rallied!)

As such the rebels now have a pretty strong control over the north.

"We should ignore the Heathen Scots at this time and use our Irish army to complete the conquest of Wales, in conjunction with Lord Brent's army." Whilst it would be nice to knock out Iandavidsmith I would imagine Seaport will move into 48. That will deprive Damtrois of 150pts and leave Seaport with a 1250pt army dangerously positioned to complete the conquest of Ireland. We may consider that an acceptable risk, but we do need to consider it.

"Lord Doyley should return to his home base to secure it and be ready to thrust north. If Lord Kelen to continue to press north also." With failing to take 35 I will now be the smallest force north of London. Whilst I don't think Snuggles will risk moving into 31 to take me out it depends on what we think he and Warlord will do. If I were the rebels I'd have Snuggles sit tight in 35, whilst Warlord mops up 38 & 37 by flying column; that would give snuggles an extra 100pts for owning the most counties in a division, will leave Warlord with a 1300pt army, (and able to reinforce Snuggles if attacked). Or again Snuggles stays on the defensive and Warlord moves into 34 breaking Doley's claim tot he division and still leaving him re-enforcing Snuggles. As such what if I moved to 36 by flying column, Youngr moves to 30 and Doley move into 35. That would give us 3 mutually re-enforcing armies, which 'should' give any of us more pts than either army we could face.
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

It is almost inevitable that Seaport will move into Ireland, which will break Damatrois ownership of Ireland. So if Damatrois moves back to Ireland he will be decisively outnumbered and probably defeated. Therefore I think we should allow Seaport to get bigger and bigger but simply avoid fighting his army. Deal with him as the Romans dealt with Hannibal. It is better to eliminate Iandavidwelshdude.

I agree with your assessment of the situation in the North. I am fairly sure Warlord will move to 38 to secure the division, and then to 37 so snuggles secures division IX. So it all depends what Snuggles does. We need to secure Division VIII and I feel Doyley must return to 34, it is worth considering a flying column into 41 to break Warlord's ownership of division X.
I quite like your idea of moving to 36, but that leaves Snuggles free to move into 31 or 32 and break our divison VII, it also leaves you as a flying column should Snuggles simply return to 36. I therefore feel you should return to 35, another battle there would be fought with both armies having one reinforcement.

We need Youngr to head further into the Midlands to support Lascar, otherwise he will be swamped by Ianow and Danny working together. That would also grow his army by another 2 counties.

Return to “Pike & Shot : Tournaments & Leagues”