Register game bought on Steam

Moderator: Slitherine Core

MorningDew
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Register game bought on Steam

Post by MorningDew »

Just bought Gettysburg on steam. How do I get the serial number to register it on this site?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Register game bought on Steam

Post by zakblood »

sorry it doesn't work this way, but the other way around, if you buy from the site here, and the game is released on steam also, you get a site key and a steam key, the site key can be registered here, but steam keys can't

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 58&t=72513
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I'm sorry but Steam doesn't allow any longer 3rd party keys. So it's like zakblood says, you can only register a game in your Matrix/Slitherine account if you purchase from our store.
MorningDew

Post by MorningDew »

So does that mean you cannot register to download hotfixes?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

no, it means you have no need to register the game in your account, as all patches for your version come from steam on auto load and install anyway, so in that respect it's the same version, only site once uses a manual auto updater and site held patches for manual download for the site version if a used has an issue with the manual in game updater.

you will get the patches and hotfixes on steam as soon as they are released and approved by steam.
MorningDew

Post by MorningDew »

I get that. But hotfixes like the one already posted are slower, and you might not get a specific hotfix as it might be rolled into a larger update on steam.

For games that I purchased via website and registered on steam, if I want the hotfix, I can download an apply to my steam directory. I do it with CMANO all the time.

Not a major issue, just slows it down. Definitely will be buying the other way around going forward, which is probably better for the software companies anyway,
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

i prefer to buy from site myself, and then get a steam key also for that reason.
MorningDew

Post by MorningDew »

zakblood_slith wrote:i prefer to buy from site myself, and then get a steam key also for that reason.
Lesson learned. Thanks everyone!
Dorisia
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Dorisia »

zakblood wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:09 pm i prefer to buy from site myself, and then get a steam key also for that reason.
I usually do the same, but as I had the chance to get me all the DLC for "Order of Battle" for one third of the price in the Slitherine Store, I had to jump over my shadow and bought them on Steam.
All other games and DLC I buy in the Slitherine Store - because of the standalone ability and loyality to Slitherine!

Return to “General Discussion”