Recording and Uploading of AutoCam replays!

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Recording and Uploading of AutoCam replays!

Post by AlbertoC »

Hi!

We've just added a new, un-announced feature: Recording and Uploading of Autocam replays!

Please note it's a brand new feature and we would like to hear your feedback, so we can make it even better.

To use it:

1. Play a battle, any battle. Frak some toasters
2. Choose View Replay
3. During the replay, press the Esc Key to bring up the control panel.
4. Select Record Autocam - The game will automatically rewind to the start of the battle and start exporting a video of the battle.
The videos are stored in \Documents\Black Lab Games\BSG\Videos
5. Once the video has finished recording, carry on playing!

To View and Upload:

1. On the main menu, select Video Browser
2. Here, you can view and replay all the videos that you've exported

To View:
1. Press Play to view the Video and select the Full Screen button to view full screen

To Upload:
1. Press Upload to upload the video to your YouTube channel
2. The upload program will ask your permission and ask you to authorise with your YouTube channel
3. It will then spawn a window to upload the video file
4. The video will be uploaded to your YouTube channel with a Public privacy setting and will appear on your channel once YouTube has processed it

To Delete:
1. Press Delete to delete the video

Thanks!
Roidstalker
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Recording and Uploading of AutoCam replays!

Post by Roidstalker »

I for one just purchased this game and was hopeful I would be able to save my replay's for future review and just plain fun of watching past battles. I wanted to say as I watched a couple of YouTube channels during Beta that is one of the best pieces of functionality I have ever seen.
Roidstalker

Post by Roidstalker »

I am trying to save my replay videos and I am experiencing a run time error and the game is crashing. I am looking around for a solution but has anyone else had this problem and solved it?

Thanks
Roid
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

If you have played Battlestar Galactica Deadlock you will know that you have the ability to review your battles by watching the replays.

We added a tool to allow you to save those replays, store them and watch them again later, and even upload them to YouTube directly from the game! Watch this video to learn how.

AndrewNguyen1984

Post by AndrewNguyen1984 »

Just asking but did you guys make changes to autocam to have the option of high resolution or no instead of the percentage wanted for resolution of the footage.
jonjonz

Post by jonjonz »

Can you explain the difference between the AutoCam button and the Record Autocam button? They both seem to do the same thing.

1. Is there any way to save the playback not as video?
2. Is there a way to record changes to the camera position and focus other than manual?
3. How do you get to the end of the playback in order to save as video the whole thing? When I get to the end it jumps out of the editor.

PS I love this game, great concept and execution mostly, just wish the playback/record had a few more edit and save functions.
Morbo73

Post by Morbo73 »

Got an issue with the video browser. I click record during battle, get the red dot indicating it is indeed recording but when I go to the borwser while there is a video file there it is black when I try to play it. When I got o the video file location the video file is names but has zero bytes as the file size.

Any ideas?

I have so far tried a reinstall. I am using GoG to download and install on my SSD. Game files and video files on the same drive. Both on C:

Also tried installing files individually as that is an option with GoG. Same issue.
Pegasus1071

Post by Pegasus1071 »

The upload program did not ask my permission with my YouTube channel and video did not upload to my channel. Did not work :( But I find it in documents and I will upload from there.

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”