Fixes, minor additions, suggestions, bug reports for 1.11

Forum for the strategy game set during the 2nd War for Armageddon.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Fixes, minor additions, suggestions, bug reports for 1.11

Post by deranzo »

Hello people.

I have opened this topic to add all suggestions and bug reports for new 1.11 version of Armageddon. Feel free to suggest anything. I will take considerations from everything.

UPDATE:
* There was a minor gui bug in unit details screen when you right click to a unit in the game that unit's range, accuracy etc. icons were shifted right. To fix that, download this and put it into your UI folder and overwrite: https://www.dropbox.com/s/majw7i3qyl3qg ... s.gui?dl=0

* For older downloaders having campaign mission selection bug, download this and extract it to your game folder and it will be fixed: https://www.dropbox.com/s/poqinumjst64x ... e.rar?dl=0

* I have added 2 new cheats to version 1.11. These are:
- "give attack" command: This cheat gives you 1 extra attack action. To disable it you must write it again or you will have unlimited attack actions.
- "give move" command: This cheat gives you 1 move action by unit's actual movement. For example if a unit moves 2 hexes by its actual movement, this cheat will give you 2 hex movement. To disable it you must write it again or you will have unlimited move actions.

New cheats included exe (all previous fixes are included): https://www.dropbox.com/s/fj5y9qawyn6df ... e.rar?dl=0

All fixes/additions included full game: http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/Warha ... Community/
it is a good day to die
Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017

Re: Suggestions and bug reports for version 1.11

Post by Parallax »

I have ideas for main-menu update:

I like to create save game in the beginning of every new mission to re-play them some day, and after few campaigns, load game menu have lot of saving files wich hard to navigate. How about to create subfolders in Save-Load menu? Scrolling button also would be nice, and, perhaps, campaign icons at saving file could be good idea, i think

In scenarios menu we have only tutorials, untold battles, second war and custom missions. Would be great to add scenarios from all DLC to replay them, but i think this suggestion is not for community update.

PS. Thanks for update
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

Parallax wrote:I have ideas for main-menu update:

I like to create save game in the beginning of every new mission to re-play them some day, and after few campaigns, load game menu have lot of saving files wich hard to navigate. How about to create subfolders in Save-Load menu? Scrolling button also would be nice, and, perhaps, campaign icons at saving file could be good idea, i think

In scenarios menu we have only tutorials, untold battles, second war and custom missions. Would be great to add scenarios from all DLC to replay them, but i think this suggestion is not for community update.

PS. Thanks for update
Hi Parallax

Do you want to create subfolders in save screen on your own or do you want to see pre-created folders?
it is a good day to die
Parallax

Post by Parallax »

deranzo wrote:Do you want to create subfolders in save screen on your own or do you want to see pre-created folders?
Own subfolders would be better :)
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

Parallax wrote:
deranzo wrote:Do you want to create subfolders in save screen on your own or do you want to see pre-created folders?
Own subfolders would be better :)
Ok ;)
By the way, have you seen any other bug as briefing screen bug?
it is a good day to die
stroganoff
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by stroganoff »

is it possible, that in your mod the cadians are a usable imperial faction?
It seems like that there are cadian units in the game, but because of my
not existing modding skills, i can not activate / use them.

If you could implement the cadian units in your mod, that would be realy
awesome!! :)

Anyway, thank you for your work!
This is a realy good game and I am happy to see, that someone develops it further!!
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

stroganoff wrote:is it possible, that in your mod the cadians are a usable imperial faction?
It seems like that there are cadian units in the game, but because of my
not existing modding skills, i can not activate / use them.

If you could implement the cadian units in your mod, that would be realy
awesome!! :)

Anyway, thank you for your work!
This is a realy good game and I am happy to see, that someone develops it further!!
Yes, in my mod, its possible. As additional units to Steel Legion, not as an specific faction. Because I don't modify source code in my mod. You can see them in Steel Legion faction in future update. In fact, I have Necrons and Chaos units ready but haven't added to my mod yet. But definetly I will in the future. And even I can add tyranids and tau units, sounds, animations to my mod from an another existing good mod if I can contact the creater and take permission from him/her.

But we can't create any separate faction/race/units in future updates for official game for now. But if situation changes I will be the first one who announces this to you guys!

And thank you! Send feedback about my mod in related topic to that in mods forum please.
it is a good day to die
drBloodmoney

Post by drBloodmoney »

Deranzo:

"- AA weapons affect related units much more. For example you can see flyer units can't evade AA weapons anymore."

Is the Flyer-trait working as intended? A problem with flyers is that they are killed rather easily by any weapon. Makes me wonder if evade is working at all or if the chance is too low..?

Camo is a unit trait that works (makes the unit invisible as long as it's not adjacent to an enemy unit) but it lacks an icon in the unit info panel. Could you add it?

A very minor 'bug' I noticed is that the transport name will show up in the experience bar, if the transport is carrying troops. It's a result of the changes you made to the UI to make room for the 4th weapon slot.

Can you make changes to the editor?

I got a campaign I was working on years ago. I'll try to piece it together during the weekend and post it here.

Keep up the good work, deranzo! :D
wolkenwand
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by wolkenwand »

The unit numbering bug still exist, i explained it in this thread:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 35&t=76677
Thanks for the patch :D
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

drBloodmoney wrote:Deranzo:

"- AA weapons affect related units much more. For example you can see flyer units can't evade AA weapons anymore."

Is the Flyer-trait working as intended? A problem with flyers is that they are killed rather easily by any weapon. Makes me wonder if evade is working at all or if the chance is too low..?

Camo is a unit trait that works (makes the unit invisible as long as it's not adjacent to an enemy unit) but it lacks an icon in the unit info panel. Could you add it?

A very minor 'bug' I noticed is that the transport name will show up in the experience bar, if the transport is carrying troops. It's a result of the changes you made to the UI to make room for the 4th weapon slot.

Can you make changes to the editor?

I got a campaign I was working on years ago. I'll try to piece it together during the weekend and post it here.

Keep up the good work, deranzo! :D
- Killing flyer units easily depends on health and armor. Due to their health and armor is low, you are correct. You can change those in unit editor. But I have meant weapons with AA trait now has 100% accuracy against flyer units.
- Unit details GUI needs code modify, I can do that in future updates.
- Oh its good you to say that transport issue. It's a GUI screen bug-like issue. I can do that without modifying source code and needing update.
- For example what do you want in editor?

And thanks!
it is a good day to die
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

wolkenwand wrote:The unit numbering bug still exist, i explained it in this thread:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 35&t=76677
Thanks for the patch :D
Didn't know this before. Thanks for mentioning.
it is a good day to die
toupou
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by toupou »

in case you didn't know, this bug still exists:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 35&t=76352

i repeat in this topic my suggestion of adding a pair of "tank" and "anti-tank" traits wich affects the accuracy of anti-armor weapons against tanks and titans.

also, when you load any map of the main campaign and buy units, the units have a "base" experience, but it doen't work in the main campaign when you carry your force between scenarios. the final scenario has a base experience of 800. my suggestion it's that when you purchase new units, they should have the base experience of the map. or half that number, if the balance is affected.
when you reinforce a unit the reinforcements come with the experience of the map instead of 50% the experience of the unit. i don't know the formula, but the effect should be that in the first maps the reinforcements are green and you lose experience more quickly. and in the final maps the reinforcements are experimented and you can even gain experience when reinforcing a unit with low experience. the current system is always 50% of something.
Parallax

Post by Parallax »

deranzo wrote:By the way, have you seen any other bug as briefing screen bug?
Icons shifted in unit info
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

Parallax wrote:
deranzo wrote:By the way, have you seen any other bug as briefing screen bug?
Icons shifted in unit info
- To fix this gui bug, please download this and put it into your UI folder and overwrite: https://www.dropbox.com/s/majw7i3qyl3qg ... s.gui?dl=0
it is a good day to die
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Owned the Orks XP for some time and just got the main game with the current sale :)

As for suggestions:

Is there an easier way to mod unit availability, or is it possible to add an easy way to do this? I remember this thread: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 26&t=54819 has users mentioning problems related to this, but I'm not sure what the current situation is.

It would be cool if this could be made easier (or possible at all, if it isn't yet) in a coming patch/update.
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

bebro wrote:Owned the Orks XP for some time and just got the main game with the current sale :)

As for suggestions:

Is there an easier way to mod unit availability, or is it possible to add an easy way to do this? I remember this thread: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 26&t=54819 has users mentioning problems related to this, but I'm not sure what the current situation is.

It would be cool if this could be made easier (or possible at all, if it isn't yet) in a coming patch/update.
You don't need an update to do that actually. You can find unit availabilities in availxxx.whdat files in data folder. There aren't specific files for each mission but as mission segments.
First, you must find related unit id in unit editor at scenerio editor. Its seen at top of the menu when you select a unit in unit editor.
After finding it, open any availxxx.whdat file with a text editor or excel and add that unit id at the bottom of the file. You can have any unit in any mission by this. Its very easy after doing once and make it work.
it is a good day to die
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Oh I see. Thanks for the hint.
alanhunt

Post by alanhunt »

Copied over from the other thread. Hoping you have some ideas here, as I'd really like to give this a try...
alanhunt wrote:
deranzo wrote:
alanhunt wrote:I'm running into an issue when trying to run the updated version. I downloaded and copied everything into a different folder. However, when I attempt to run it, I get "you need to have a full version...." at which point it closes. I have the Steam version of the game, but it apparently isn't seeing it for some reason. Suggestions?

Thank you,
Alan
Is steam running in the background?
Yes, Steam is running. I even tried launching the original game and then switching out and launching the update version; still get the error. I also uninstalled the original from within Steam, and reinstalled it, but still received the same error message when running the updated version.
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

alanhunt wrote:Copied over from the other thread. Hoping you have some ideas here, as I'd really like to give this a try...
Hi alan
I have sent you my game exe in pm, did you try it?
it is a good day to die
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Here's another sugggestion, no idea if possible, but would be nice to have:

Several scns have objective/mission changes, but the game still does display the original, outdated objectives when clicking the "i" button in the lower right corner. Also, there does not seem to be a "log" function that allows you to view the info from previous text popups.

Such a log was added to the later versions of Panzer Corps (which I understand WH is based on), so could it be implemented here too? That way player could re-read earlier text popups. In case you get new objectives this would be very helpful IMO.

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”