Help with the big campaign 42/43

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

DuainHicks
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Help with the big campaign 42/43

Post by DuainHicks »

I have a problem, I have all the DLC of great campaign, but when I finish the campaign of 42, despite losing some scenario I finish it, but when I move to 42/43 and load the saved units I only load some of the 30 units I had alone shows me about 7 units, why?

I had aviation 14 devices all lost
artillery 3 units lost.
I had 7 tanks I lost half

Is this for some reason?

The machine did not keep all my units that were alive when the campaign of 42 is finished?

I do not understand anything.

I am Spanish, my English is from google translate.

Thanks
rubyjuno
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Help with the big campaign 42/43

Post by rubyjuno »

Hi,

This is normal. If you read the messages on the first scenario you are told that when your force moves from the East Front to the West front you can only keep some. You need to keep your best units and upgrade and over strength them as you also lose most of your prestige.

This is from memory, but I think I'm right. If not I'm sure someone will correct me :?

I hope you understand whatever Google Translate turns this into!
DuainHicks

Post by DuainHicks »

If I understand, thank you.

You say keep some units, but as I say had about 30 good units and only keep as 6 or 7, the rest, I will not see them again ?, or when the great campaign of 42/43 ends they will be returned?
hurly

Post by hurly »

DuainHicks wrote:If I understand, thank you.

You say keep some units, but as I say had about 30 good units and only keep as 6 or 7, the rest, I will not see them again ?, or when the great campaign of 42/43 ends they will be returned?
You have to be strong now

They are as good as dead :oops:

"But you know what you have signed up for ! I guess it still hurts !" :wink:

The West Campaign is a complete different Game than the East Campaign and you are at a Turning Point here.

But don't fret for long. The West Campaign is much more small scale, less repetitive Scenarios and overall a (for me) more enjoyable Path than the East, which is sometimes just boring as you see another Mass Tank Battle with each new Task from 43 onwards. The West is more about finesse and good managing of resources and Units the Game gives to you. Also West is always low on Money in the Bank other than the East where you have to stockpile Prestige in the Early Years

I likened the West Campaign much better than the Eastern Slaughterhouse
DuainHicks

Post by DuainHicks »

That does not solve my doubts.

Will those units be returned to me once the 42/43 campaign is over?
hurly

Post by hurly »

DuainHicks wrote:That does not solve my doubts.

Will those units be returned to me once the 42/43 campaign is over?
No

And also you can't switch back to the East anymore
DuainHicks

Post by DuainHicks »

ok thanks

then repurchase the units and start from 0.

what I do not understand is why I keep only a few units I had and the rest did not.

one more question now in each scenario gets me bad units that I do not want inside my list of deployment, how can I eliminate these units so they do not bother me when it comes to repairing and deploying the units that I want ?.

Thanks for the answers.
proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by proline »

Just for clarity, there are two branches of the grand campaign, east and west. They share 1939-1941 in common. From 1941, you can choose 1942/1943 West, where you get to keep only a few units and your prestige is reset, or 1942 East, where you continue on with everybody and all your money. If you choose West, you can always go back and play 1942 East later and all your units will still be there for you. As mentioned previously, West is a shorter campaign and involves small scale battles in challenging terrain. East is about huge battles and lots of armor.

If you disband units during the deployment phase, you get a 50% refund and you never see them again.
DuainHicks

Post by DuainHicks »

proline wrote: If you disband units during the deployment phase, you get a 50% refund and you never see them again.
perfect how do I dissolve those units?

I have many italian italian units that I had to save to win the stage and all that I do not need it I would be interested to dissolve them and to give me back some of the prestige, to be able to buy other units.

Thank you very much, you are helping me a lot.
huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by huckc »

DuainHicks wrote:
proline wrote: If you disband units during the deployment phase, you get a 50% refund and you never see them again.
perfect how do I dissolve those units?

I have many italian italian units that I had to save to win the stage and all that I do not need it I would be interested to dissolve them and to give me back some of the prestige, to be able to buy other units.

Thank you very much, you are helping me a lot.
"D" key, although you should get their full cost in prestige. The game is very generous in that regard.

Generally I hold on to them until I absolutely need the prestige. Especially with those Italian units as they can get you a huge reward later on in the West campaign (Messina evacuation).
DuainHicks

Post by DuainHicks »

Many, thank you, were very helpful.

Thanks, and please translate the game to 100% in Spanish.

Thank you.

Return to “Panzer Corps”