Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship - The results

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship - The results

Post by AlbertoC »

The Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship has concluded and we’re pleased to announce that it’s been a huge success!

It has been the biggest Panzer Corps tournament ever, and spanned the course of five months throughout 2017. Truly an epic endeavour! Alas, all good things come to an end, but we’ll end with a bang!

First off, let’s announce the winners!

Brilliant general Paulwalvoord has defeated a very tough and skilled opponent, Kingshafter, for the third place final!

But for the first place… having obtained victory over Woken, a player who had always triumphed on the battlefield, AlexRus is now the 2017 Panzer Corps champion!

Congratulations to all of you who reached the two finals!

We have a really nice surprise for those who reached the top three places.

First off, you’ve won a really nice discount coupon to use on the Slitherine store: $80 for the Champion, $50 for second place, and $30 for third. Please check your PM inbox and your e-mail for those.

Secondly, you will have a new unique forum icon recognising your achievements on the battlefield (we still need to implement those, but that will be done soon).

But there’s an even greater prize for the winner of this tournament, a unique Honour for a unique accomplishment.: the champion, AlexRus, will go down in history and have a hero named after him in Panzer Corps II!

He will have a hero named after him that will be part of the game in development, the new epic sequel to a classic saga.

In the name of all the effort and time he put in organizing and managing the tournament and all the years he put in making the Panzer Corps community flourish, we would also like to thank Goose_2. It was his idea to run this tournament, and without his a tournament of this magnitude wouldn’t have been possible.

Thank You Goose! As a legend of the Panzer Corps community you deserve to be equally rewarded, and like AlexRus you will be part of Panzer Corps II as well and have a hero named after you!

We’re confident that 2018 will be a great year for the Panzer Corps saga. Not only there will be a return of the Multiplayer Championship, bigger than ever, but that’s also when Panzer Corps II will see the light. We’re all looking forward to that.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship - The results

Post by Shards »

Congratulations to All!!
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Fantastic, I've followed the tournament on and off and it's really gotten some attention.

I hope the unique forum icons are displayed somewhere, I'd really like to see them!
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

Kerensky wrote:Fantastic, I've followed the tournament on and off and it's really gotten some attention.

I hope the unique forum icons are displayed somewhere, I'd really like to see them!
We're waiting for our IT smurfs to upload and implement them on the forum!
sn0wball
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by sn0wball »

Congratulations !
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

OK I need to get this out because it is the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation and I have been sitting on my thoughts way too long on this game.

First let me say that I am grateful for the message of salvation found in Scripture Alone, based on Grace alone through Faith alone, in Christ alone, to the Glory of God Alone, that saves me and all in Christ. (That is the most comforting news I can share on this day)

OK now to my thoughts on this great Tournament.

First about the honor of getting a character named David (Goose) Garlich in the game. WOW! Just wow, now the Garlich name will live on in not just my 8 kids but in a game. Truly honored.

Second, things I have learned.
1st: Always used a paired game.
2nd: Lay out parameters around winning the paired game.
3rd: This is the best community on the internet. (but I already knew that one) ;)

Third, I have been asked not to share any specific dates around the next Tournament, but I want to give you a heads up so you can share your thoughts, ideas, and most importantly, begin to prepare...

1) It will be a triple elimination Tournament, meaning you have to lose 3 times before you are eliminated from the Tournament, this will minimize the effect of bad rolls and that darn RNG which can doom us all, plus it gives newbies a longer chance to get their feet wet.

2) I will be playing in this Tournament. (It was very hard to stay out last time, so this time I'm in Baby!) :mrgreen:

3) We will be playing the Vanilla Campaign Historical scenarios, starting in Poland and going through as much of the Campaign before the final 2 face off. Not sure how far that will go as it will depend on the number of players, but you have been warned so prepare now.

4) I can't give out dates yet, but it will not be a super long wait, unlike new screenshots of Panzer Corps 2, :oops: (Did I just type that) :o :P :roll:

It will be another Slitherine sponsored and rewarded Tournament, and with the amount of views this topic is still garnering I am hoping the participation eclipses the last one.
(I am seriously hoping for over 100) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

We shall see.

So start preparing and please share your thoughts overall on the Tournament or thoughts on the next one.

Blessings on your Endeavors...and as always...Stay Lutheran My Friends... :mrgreen:
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

Return to “News & Announcements”