Field of Glory 2 v1.0.2 released

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Benedict151
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Field of Glory 2 v1.0.2 released

Post by Benedict151 »

FIELD OF GLORY v1.0.2 NOW AVAILABLE
Hello Everyone
Once again thank you for all your feedback, suggestions and issue reports and the 2nd update for Field of Glory II is now available
This addresses a number of requests made by many of you and fixes several bugs that have been reported.
The full change list is below some of the updates you might be most interested in are -
- You can now review the battlefield at the end of a battle
- Units that have evaded off map count as half their routed value added to their side’s rout %
- Close Order Warbands no longer get +1 Cohesion Test modifier for being Heavy Foot
- Bows can now shoot over other units if on higher ground

v1.0.2 is compatible with save games from v1.0.0
If you are playing a multiplayer game then both you and your opponent will need to update your versions.
This is a comprehensive update, you do not need to have updated to v1.0..1 first.

Options Note – after applying this update it is possible that if you have changed your mouse options from the default (e.g. to “Left”) that they might be switched back to “Left-Right”. If this happens simply go back to Options and change the mouse back to how you prefer it (you should only have to do this once after updating). We are looking into why this happens and are sorry for any inconvenience caused

V1.0.2 is available from the Members & Public areas (and of course you can obtain it by 'checking for update' when starting the game)

Members Area:
http://www.slitherine.com/members/publicDL.asp?gid=651

And from the Public area :
http://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/FieldOfG ... v1.0.2.zip

V 1.0.2 Update List
- You can now review the battlefield at the end of a battle, by clicking the “Review Battlefield” button in the victory/defeat screen.

- Added End Stalled Game button to MP lobby. This can be used to claim a game as abandoned if your opponent has not moved for 7 days or more in a non-tournament game.

- Added Download Community Scenarios button to Main Menu, with pulsing glow and text notification when new scenarios have been added since you last played the game.

- Close Order Warbands no longer get +1 Cohesion Test modifier for being Heavy Foot. We have chosen this instead of changing the size of the units, to maintain the character of the units, but better reflect their historical performance. Further tweaks are in contemplation if needed.

- Units that have evaded off map count as half their routed value added to their side’s rout % unless they return. Units that pursue routers off map don’t. (Note that pursuers chasing evaders do not follow them off map, unless they catch them and rout them before they leave the map).

- Stopped Side B from randomly sending flank march in Multiplayer custom battle games.

- Parthian army list tweaked to allow more cataphracts and infantry.

- Added some compulsory medium foot javelinmen to Numidian lists.

- Widened Roman autodeployments – this was previously an issue mainly with Large and Very Large battles.

- Bows can now shoot over other units if on higher ground.

- Camelry no longer shoot invisible arrows.

- Indian forest tribesmen now have their own distinctive textures.

- Fixed issue of MP games displaying script mismatch warnings when the other player has played his MP turn after playing user content scenarios with modded scripts.

- Fixed bug that stopped modded units with crossbow from shooting.

- Impassable river tiles now show as “Impassable to land troops” when moused over. (Previously only showed as impassable if a unit was selected).

- Added Global Mod functionality. When global mods exist, a button appears in the bottom left corner of the main menu screen – this brings up a list box from which the mod to use can be selected. Only one global mod can be in use at a time. See http://archonwiki.slitherine.com/index.php/Modding. Currently this only allows modded unit textures and squads file, and does not allow modded or new unit models or scripts to be included, so it is of very limited use. We hope to extend its functionality in due course. In the meantime the pre-existing modding system using custom folders will be more useful in most cases as it does allow everything to be modded for that custom module.

- Manual Clarification: Setting Rain or Snow for a scenario in the Editor gives a -50 POA modifier to all shooting except by javelins.

- Manual clarification: A unit disordered or severely disordered by terrain loses that disorder as soon as it completely leaves the adverse terrain square. (i.e. the unit is now in an open terrain square.)
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Field of Glory 2 v1.0.2 released

Post by rbodleyscott »

Note that the Evaded off the Map thing will not register for games that were started with v1.1.1, but otherwise they should function as normal.
Richard Bodley Scott

FroBodine
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by FroBodine »

Very nice list of changes! Thank you very much. Are you folks still working on the allocation of Generals issue? I just hope it hasn't been dropped.

Thanks!
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

FroBodine wrote:Very nice list of changes! Thank you very much. Are you folks still working on the allocation of Generals issue? I just hope it hasn't been dropped.
It will be in the next patch.
Richard Bodley Scott

franciscus
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by franciscus »

"Bows can now shoot over other units if on higher ground"

Great, thank you ! :D
Barrold713
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Barrold713 »

franciscus wrote:"Bows can now shoot over other units if on higher ground"

Great, thank you ! :D
Seconded. This change is much appreciated and handy.
fuzzayd
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fuzzayd »

Wonderful. Thanks so much.
rexhurley
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by rexhurley »

I run the Steam version of the game do I still need to download and apply the zip file or will it update automatically via Steam?

Cheers Rex
Cumandante

Post by Cumandante »

rexhurley wrote:I run the Steam version of the game do I still need to download and apply the zip file or will it update automatically via Steam?

Cheers Rex
The Steam version updates automatically.
AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Great job! But I have a question. Played my first game after this patch, as a custom battle.Me as Dacians, AI as Roxolani. Now I'm not 100% sure I did not hit anything other than the 'open battle' button, but about midway through the game, my Roxolani opponent got 2 flanking reinforcements! One to his rear, and one to my left rear. Is this even possible? I'm getting my *ss owned in this one now, struggling to survive...
Just curious.
Cheers
Alex
krieg63
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by krieg63 »

no more possible to choose unit for skirmish multiplayer battle . Always automatique selection now
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Not the case...as long as you click the "default" box when setting up the MP match you can still pick troops.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

AlexDetrojan wrote:Great job! But I have a question. Played my first game after this patch, as a custom battle.Me as Dacians, AI as Roxolani. Now I'm not 100% sure I did not hit anything other than the 'open battle' button, but about midway through the game, my Roxolani opponent got 2 flanking reinforcements! One to his rear, and one to my left rear. Is this even possible? I'm getting my *ss owned in this one now, struggling to survive...
Just curious.
Cheers
Alex
Depends on whether the game was started before or after the patch.
Richard Bodley Scott

krieg63
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by krieg63 »

devoncop wrote:Not the case...as long as you click the "default" box when setting up the MP match you can still pick troops.
unfortunately not
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

krieg63 wrote:
devoncop wrote:Not the case...as long as you click the "default" box when setting up the MP match you can still pick troops.
unfortunately not
If either army is "Pot Luck" then neither side will get a force selection phase.
Richard Bodley Scott

the_iron_duke
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by the_iron_duke »

I've noticed a number of small improvements. Also, good to see the Parthian and early Numidian armies given a boost.
krieg63
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by krieg63 »

rbodleyscott wrote:
krieg63 wrote:
unfortunately not
If either army is "Pot Luck" then neither side will get a force selection phase.
why?

doesn't made sence
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

krieg63 wrote:
why?

doesn't made sense
a) Because in the original game design we intended "Pot Luck" to be "Pot Luck" for force selection as well as army list choice.
b) Because if one side is "Pot Luck" and the other isn't in an MP game, it would not be fair if one side could pick his units and the other couldn't.

Allowing "Pot Luck" army list selections to have force selection is on the wishlist, but we we have not got to it yet.
Richard Bodley Scott

krieg63
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by krieg63 »

at least disable the default button
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »