"Kaiserschlacht" WWI Mod v3.3 (Mar 5, 2016)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

What do you think should be done following the end of development for the WWI campaign?

Napoleonic Wars Campaign
22%
1870 Franco-Prussian War Scenario
7%
WWI Entente Campaign
13%
WWI Central Powers Grand Campaign
29%
1914-1945 "Combined" Campaign
26%
WWI Single MP Scenario (Western Front)
2%
WWI Single MP Scenario (Eastern Front)
2%

Total votes: 224

demyansk
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: "Kaiserschlacht" WWI Mod v3.3 (Mar 5, 2016)

Post by demyansk »

Thanks bite
Cataphract88
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Cataphract88 »

This mod seems to be generating quite a lot of interest again, BNC. What about an update? :)
Richard
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

Cataphract88 wrote:This mod seems to be generating quite a lot of interest again, BNC. What about an update? :)
It will be too much of a time suck for me right now unfortunately. :(

That said, if someone gives me a working time machine I'll have an update ready for you immediately afterwards! 8) :lol:

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
Cfant
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Cfant »

BiteNibbleChomp wrote:
Cfant wrote:Hi!

Played the MOD. Really well done. Although A-H units beeing the weakest in the game seems not too correct, I'd say as an Austrian :oops: :D

Which difficulty is it intended to be played? I chose Field Marshall, but it was... strange. Trillions of enemies, while I had very low income. A dozen Artillery in France with no room for movement made it hard.

However, I had to stop when I took Paris in 1916. France surrendered, Germany occupied northern France, Italy southern France. Then it got buggy. I got no reward for beating France :? Not one prestige point. And even worse - the french units fought on. It got strange: I could not move on, as france was filled with french units, so the cities, which I got by event, were reteaken by french units of course. So it was, as if France had not surrendered at all :D

Other then that - really good work!
When I played it I tested with Lieutenant and Colonel, if I tried FM I would probably die after 3 turns!

I'm not totally sure what is going on with the French there, pretty sure there is supposed to be a -20 strength trigger for all French units. Maybe the trigger is broken with one of the newer updates (I designed this with v1.22 or something)?

- BNC
Ok, thanks for clarification. :wink:
Spiffing Brit
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Spiffing Brit »

Is this still being worked on? This is one of the coolest mods out there for PzC, and I really want it to continue. I hope you will atleast give an update of why there hasent been any word.
Mortal danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas. - Erwin Rommel

(Not the Youtuber)
BiteNibbleChomp

Spiffing Brit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:14 am Is this still being worked on? This is one of the coolest mods out there for PzC, and I really want it to continue. I hope you will atleast give an update of why there hasent been any word.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 47&t=85717

Here's the explanation you asked for :D . Or the short answer: "I haven't played PzC much in about 3 years and have moved on to other stuff". WWI is finished.

- BNC
Spiffing Brit
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Spiffing Brit »

Ah, what a shame. Well, best of luck in all of your modding adventures to come!
Mortal danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas. - Erwin Rommel

(Not the Youtuber)
ChristianC
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ChristianC »

Awesome mod dude!
BiteNibbleChomp

Thanks mate!

- BNC
Turtler
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Turtler's SuperCrude GC14 East + West Rejiggering, Re: "Kaiserschlacht" WWI Mod v3.3

Post by Turtler »

Right everyone, as someone who has been a long time admirer of BNC and who still remembers when this forum was hopping, I had long ago noticed the files for GC14 were still left in the mod and- while all but inaccessible- could theoretically be loaded up and played.

I am by no means a modder, nor do I claim to be the most literate in either Panzer Corps or Personal Computer modding, but I do know a couple things or two. So I decided to try and cobble them back together. And I think I had SOME success. Key word: some.

Having looked over the outline of what BNC hoped to do and not knowing the finer points of making a "Choice Menu" like what you get at the end of the training missions in US Corps (let alone how to start a campaign with such a menu), I decided to break GC14 in two, GC14East and GC14West, which should be able to stand on their own (since it seems like the main choice one had in GC14 was whether to go East or West at the start anyway).

That said, there are a bunch of problems. Which is why I decided to appeal for help.

WHAT THESE PACKAGES INCLUDE:

* Two more or less complete structures for GC14East and GC14West, complete with GUID, Equipment File, Campaign.

* One(1) BriefingA for East Prussia (will work later).

* The crude ability to get these files to show up if you dump them into the mygames/Panzer Corps/mod folder.

WHAT THESE PACKAGES *DO NOT* HAVE:

* Briefings outside of the Scenario Intro for GC14East's first scenario.

* Any kind of beta testing, balance testing, or fine tuning to make sure that they play well or- crucially- that one is getting the right balance of prestige or units (Especially in between scenarios).

* The ability to play (at least for me), as my attempts to access them through the More Campaigns folder far have just spat me back out to the menu.

* Any guarantee that the campaign flow chart is correct (I am PRETTY Sure it is, based on prior posts on this thread and the scenarios themselves, but I cannot be 100%).

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE:

* HAAAALLLP!!!

Specifically

* Some looking over by more experienced hands than I to see what is going on and to see what they can do to get these things to play.

* Some kind of "Custom" section in the scenario section like what base Panzer Corps has, so that one can play different scenarios not explicitly listed on the main menu, and I can see what the game pops up.

* Assistance, Ideally by BNC, in making this presentable up to the standards we expect with this mod and playable.

*That WWI/Kaiserschlacht Random Battle Generator, because that would be pretty cool.

* A whole host of other stuff, mostly to the side of this.

Like I said, this is mostly for bug squashing and beta testing, not full playing. But hopefully it can help us get to fully playing, and I can only hope this crude attempt by me helped get us somewhere closer there.

Regards.
Attachments
GC14West.rar
(36.29 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
GC14East.rar
(39.1 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
BiteNibbleChomp

Hi Turtler,
First off, thanks for the kind words. Always nice to have an admirer :D :wink:
Regarding your 'rebuild' of GC14, I'm afraid I don't have a lot to offer you. I haven't played PzC much for about four years now and don't have any of my modding files for it any more - even if I did I'd probably have to teach myself the editor and PzC-code all over again. As you can probably imagine I've moved on to other things in my life and don't really see the point in spending all the time it would take on something that hasn't even been downloaded more than a handful of times since 2018. So, sorry about that.
I hadn't even realised I left the GC14 stuff in the last package, nice find! Though IIRC I didn't even finish most of it so -\_ :? _/-
Regarding the battle generator, the WW2 one is still online here
https://www.mediafire.com/file/11mih93k ... t.zip/file
To make a WW1 version you'd have to replace all of the units on the map with WW1 versions, and then set them up with all the triggers that the WW2 ones have (via that unit-specific menu you get by selecting a unit in the editor... can't even remember the specific key command any more haha!). Though at this point, PzC itself is basically dead, so there's probably better things you could do with your time :D

Sorry if this disappoints you,
- BNC
Turtler

Post by Turtler »

BiteNibbleChomp wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:13 am Hi Turtler,
First off, thanks for the kind words. Always nice to have an admirer :D :wink:
Very true, and thank you for the kind words.
BiteNibbleChomp wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:13 amRegarding your 'rebuild' of GC14, I'm afraid I don't have a lot to offer you. I haven't played PzC much for about four years now and don't have any of my modding files for it any more - even if I did I'd probably have to teach myself the editor and PzC-code all over again. As you can probably imagine I've moved on to other things in my life and don't really see the point in spending all the time it would take on something that hasn't even been downloaded more than a handful of times since 2018. So, sorry about that.
Understandable indeed.

In my case I think the data is substantially complete as it is. I know that I can make a workable campaign.dat (or rather appropriate one that is already working and edit it to do what I need it to do), so I'm not TOO concerned on that end. And of course briefings are briefings.

So I am pretty sure that I can pretty much brute force this into functionality *AS LONG AS* I can get a couple very important questions answered- and it doesn't really matter who answers them- like why I can get these GCs to show up but they don't play when selected..

My skills are pretty basic but they're capable of linking scenarios together in a campaign.dat and writing up suitable-ish briefings and debriefings, and I'm pretty sure that with some input I can figure out the right prestige values to assign in between campaign scenarios.
BiteNibbleChomp wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:13 amI hadn't even realised I left the GC14 stuff in the last package, nice find! Though IIRC I didn't even finish most of it so -\_ :? _/-
Thanks. But as far as I can tell it looks like they're reasonably intact and complete; a bit on the short side and likely without bug squashing necessary, but enough that I could thread the skeleton of the campaigns together. So the main thing I need is the "key' that will let me start them up in game.
BiteNibbleChomp wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:13 amRegarding the battle generator, the WW2 one is still online here
https://www.mediafire.com/file/11mih93k ... t.zip/file
Indeed, I know; I have enjoyed it quite considerably.
BiteNibbleChomp wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:13 amTo make a WW1 version you'd have to replace all of the units on the map with WW1 versions, and then set them up with all the triggers that the WW2 ones have (via that unit-specific menu you get by selecting a unit in the editor... can't even remember the specific key command any more haha!).
Interesting, and thanks. I might take a gander at it as long as I can.
BiteNibbleChomp wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:13 amThough at this point, PzC itself is basically dead, so there's probably better things you could do with your time :D
Oh, I was going to waste my time anyway, so it's fine by me!

That said, I also don't think it's "Dead." It certainly is past the peak of liveliness, but I still see quite a lot of projects here and there coming out or being edited, like Romania Corps and PHCAS-AK. So I'd like to think it is more in its "Golden Age" of a graceful semi-retirement....
BiteNibbleChomp wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:13 amSorry if this disappoints you,
- BNC
It's ok, and thanks. Like I said, it's an honor to continue the work of one of the masters, and while it would've been a greater honor to work alongside you I do think the "blanks" in this particular project are small but specific enough they can be answered by someone other than you, even if they still are more experienced (and used to spotting problems) than I am.

Regards!
BiteNibbleChomp

Well, feel free to keep using my thread :) Hope it goes well for you!

- BNC
Turtler

Post by Turtler »

BiteNibbleChomp wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:39 am Well, feel free to keep using my thread :) Hope it goes well for you!

- BNC
Much obliged, and thank you. I hope it goes well too.

And perhaps it might go well for you too; I hope you might be able to enjoy this little bit of your work again, at least as a player.

But I suppose we will see!
Turtler

Post by Turtler »

GREAT news everyone! I have just figured out what I did wrong with the campaigns, so now they are playable, and I will upload them here.

The Campaign Briefings and Debriefings remain unfinished (notably the East Prussia one fails to load for me) and in many cases I believe the victory conditions for the scenarios will need something to emphasize them, but the campaigns themselves ARE playable as of now!

Will do some more writing and balancing in order to fully flesh them out and make them more intuitive to play (rather than having the 1939 Poland GC prestige points on them), but that's a heck of a lot better than where they were.

To install, just download and dump in the mygames/Panzer Corps/Mods folder.
Attachments
GC14West.rar
(44.65 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
GC14East.rar
(47.83 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

Great idea ! Take this mod for the original and go ahead to create )
http://code.jeanlalonde.ca/csvbuddy/
http://wio.ru/tank/ww1tanru.htm

http://www.pegww2.net/Pages/install.htm

http://forum.open-general.com/viewforum.php?f=95

You can contact this body it's not much use but it might help )
:arrow: https://latbalt-xtrainz.forum2x2.ru/f2-forum
Turtler

Post by Turtler »

uzbek2012 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:13 pm Great idea ! Take this mod for the original and go ahead to create )
I admire your confidence in me, and your enthusiasm! Unfortunately I am just a mod kiddy starting out at best, and for now I am mostly focusing on trying to tie the existing GC content that BNC made together and release it, not make my own. But I am quite familiar with PGF and PEGWW2 and PEGWWI (though IIRC the latter had a crushing problem in that a lot of the German "Freikorps" units had their attack stats set at "0", making them basically worthless; or at least that's what I remember).

uzbek2012 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:13 pm You can contact this body it's not much use but it might help )
Thanks for the offer and I will certainly consider it. But at the moment I've managed to solve the problem that prevented the briefings from showing up, and am currently frantically writing for them. Currently I am writing up the primary briefing for Mission 4 (Ivangorod) of GC14East, and once I'm finished with that I'll turn West and write it up. Then I'll release what I have as sort of an "Open Beta" for balance testing or whatnot.

At this stage the main worries I have are whether or not core unit transfer and deployment works well (I haven't tested it yet) and adding in some "explanatory" popups if I feel the scenario needs it. But vomiting up somewhat appropriate text? That's something I am pretty confident in.

Keep watching this space; the new release should be coming soonish.
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

Turtler wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:52 pm
uzbek2012 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:13 pm Great idea ! Take this mod for the original and go ahead to create )
I admire your confidence in me, and your enthusiasm! Unfortunately I am just a mod kiddy starting out at best, and for now I am mostly focusing on trying to tie the existing GC content that BNC made together and release it, not make my own. But I am quite familiar with PGF and PEGWW2 and PEGWWI (though IIRC the latter had a crushing problem in that a lot of the German "Freikorps" units had their attack stats set at "0", making them basically worthless; or at least that's what I remember).

uzbek2012 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:13 pm You can contact this body it's not much use but it might help )
Thanks for the offer and I will certainly consider it. But at the moment I've managed to solve the problem that prevented the briefings from showing up, and am currently frantically writing for them. Currently I am writing up the primary briefing for Mission 4 (Ivangorod) of GC14East, and once I'm finished with that I'll turn West and write it up. Then I'll release what I have as sort of an "Open Beta" for balance testing or whatnot.

At this stage the main worries I have are whether or not core unit transfer and deployment works well (I haven't tested it yet) and adding in some "explanatory" popups if I feel the scenario needs it. But vomiting up somewhat appropriate text? That's something I am pretty confident in.

Keep watching this space; the new release should be coming soonish.
Everything will be fine !
https://www.sites.google.com/site/jkpanzer/
And there are no mistakes only for those who do not do anything ! So good luck and your creative muse will not leave you )

https://zen.yandex.ru/media/russianengi ... 6670f2501c
https://ss69100.livejournal.com/4101627.html

https://panzergeneral.wordpress.com/2010/11/
https://panzergeneral.wordpress.com/tag ... general-2/

In addition, the assembly includes two more mods on the theme of the First World War-Kaiser General and K. U.K. General.
https://www.naval-encyclopedia.com/ww1/ ... egsmarine/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3123 ... Great_War/
viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884
Turtler

Post by Turtler »

EDIT: More bugs found and quashed and found again. Ignore the files at the end of this post and download the files attached to the latest/most recent post with an attachment.

Dear God, this was a bit of a pain in the rear but it is finally done...or at least Done-ish.

I have finished stringing the campaign.dat together, figuring out how to get the campaign to show up, and writing and writing out all 48 briefings and debriefings for the material that was there for the two 1914 Grand Campaigns.

Was it worth it? Well, you decide.

Tannenburg Briefing: https://ibb.co/gwV8ywk

Tannenburg Turn 1 Gameplay: https://ibb.co/7CWDJJr

Meuse Crossing Briefing: https://ibb.co/C75zHF7

Like I said before, my balance testing of these scenarios and the campaign (beyond what BNC did way back when) ranges from slim to nonexistent. A quick shoot through one of the scenarios convinced me that core force importation is working MORE OR LESS as intended, but I won't pretend to know if the prestige values (which beyond the in-scenario awards are pretty much stolen wholesale from GC 1939, which I used as the base for creating the campaign.dat) are good fits or if they are too punishing, too generous, etc. I'll leave that to others and their feedback, and might consider tweaking as necessary.

In any case, I hope at least some people out there can enjoy these

Meuse Crossing Turn 1 Gameplay: https://ibb.co/3hjR0bC
campaigns at least somewhat like they were intended to be played.
Last edited by Turtler on Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

I understand you correctly download the mod

https://www.designmodproject.de/panzer- ... erschlacht

itself and then your files ?
GC14West.rar
GC14East.rar

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”