Panzerkrieg update problem

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

ColonelKurtz
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Panzerkrieg update problem

Post by ColonelKurtz »

This gets even better!

I thought I'd launch my OoB and see if any of my other DLC was non functional other than Panzerkrieg. Instead, new auto update comes up. And crashes computer. :(

Reboot machine, relaunch. Happy little popup box tells me about several bug fixes (including fixing crash after update - fail!)

Now ALL of my DLC is unavailable (And I have them all) - the only options I have now are the Original (U.S. Pacific) and Rising Sun.

Not only can I not play with my new toy, I can't play with most of my old ones.

Please get a decent hotfix/patch/update soon, because this delete/clean/reinstall is really not acceptable.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

Postby VPaulus » 05 Dec 2017 18:15

I am sorry for the issue and for the delay in fixing this, but this should now be fixed.
Provided you are looking for the 64-bit version and are not running a 32-bit version of Windows, please do the below:

1. Please go to the Documents folder for the game (Default: Documents\My Games\Order of Battle – WW2) and delete the folder called “Settings”.

2. Uninstall the both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the game and then go to the folder where the game was installed and ensure no files/folders remain

3. Download the file attached in this message "OoB_ClRegx64.zip".

4. Unzip the downloaded file and run the extracted file "OoB_ClRegx64.reg".

5. Allow the "program" to delete the Windows registry keys regarding the game.

6. Install 5.2.1 of the game from the link below and reinstall the game:
http://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/OrderOfB ... v5.2.1.zip

7. Reinstall all DLCs

8. Run the game and ensure that all DLCs are showing as unlocked and the game is working.

If you need to download your DLCs you can do it from the member’s area. Please see the forum post below which explains how to do this:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4290024
ATTACHMENTS
OoB_ClRegx64.zip
so as to repeat post and make sure, you have redone all this in the order it's given and it's failed?

as for me when i tested what at first didn't work for me either, i retried with the above and did it in order, but when it got to installing the new version, i checked for updates before installing the DLC's, and then it worked for me, and the 2 i own both worked, before the auto new patch, no it didn't but now does
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (142.47 KiB) Viewed 4181 times
so can you confirm with a screenshot of the build number and dlc's not shown working etc?, thanks

and yes the computer crash was mentioned in the auto update as well, as it's not really a crash as such, it just locks up the unity engine forcing many to cold boot the pc, where as others just closed the error message which was behind the hung game etc
Gunja
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Gunja »

And how to you uninstall the games, there is no exe file to uninstall, at least in my folders. This is getting ridiculous by the minute.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

depending on the o/s, each one uses a similar process

Code: Select all

http://freewindowsvistatutorials.com/uninstallDeleteGamesFromWindows7Computer.php

http://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-8/add-or-remove-programs-in-windows-8/

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2954296/windows/how-to-uninstall-programs-and-apps-in-windows-10.html
Gunja
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Gunja »

Thank you, I already deinstalled it, using the control panel (if that is, what you call it in English). I just thought, that it would still need an exe file in the folder. Anyway this post of mine was kind of point- and useless, so thank you even more for the answer.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

once any game has been uninstalled, it's always recommended also to double check the folder and files have been removed, so nothing is left over, as it does happen at times with some, depending on version and updates and mods / alterations used etc

so folder not only blank, but no longer there etc
wolfpinguin
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by wolfpinguin »

Uninstalled as you explained
Installed the new 64-bit base programm
Installed all the DLC's
All DLC's are showing and starting

Took me about 20 minutes all in.

Rem : on the maximized StrategicMap there are only black recktangles and transparent circles

Will try them all after my return of the hospital on next saterday

W.
RES NON VERBA
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

Rem : on the maximized StrategicMap there are only black recktangles and transparent circles
this is being investigated atm, will post a reply as soon as one has been made on it, thanks
Gunja
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Gunja »

So I reinstalled the game, updated it to 5.2.2. and now I have to install the DLCs - is there another way than to download the exe files from the member area? Because some of them are about 2 GB big and at least for me the download speed from the member area is pretty slow.
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

You could use a download program to get hold of the DLCs. Such a program would allow you to continue downloading at a later point if something fails.
I often use filezilla when downloading from a ftp-site. https://filezilla-project.org/download.php

Also, it pays to keep a backup of all installation/DLC files. You have already downloaded them once...
Attachments
backups.jpg
backups.jpg (32.48 KiB) Viewed 4130 times
robertahyuk
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by robertahyuk »

It is a little slow downloading the DLC's again but quicker if you have the discs, which I do. But like Erik? I keep all those downloads in a download file and it makes it much easier. Pearl Harbor day is tomorrow and I'm going to see what I can do about it! LOL. Then I'll get back to playing Panzerkrieg!
robertahyuk

Post by robertahyuk »

zakblood_slith wrote:depending on the o/s, each one uses a similar process

http://freewindowsvistatutorials.com/uninstallDeleteGamesFromWindows7Computer.php

http://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-8/add-or-remove-programs-in-windows-8/

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2954296/windows/how-to-uninstall-programs-and-apps-in-windows-10.html
I've always used Revo Uninstaller and it works great!
Spechtmeise
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Spechtmeise »

So, I followed the instructions and can play OoB Panzerkrieg now. Everything works as it should. I still get an 'There is an update available' message upon starting the game however. Ignore forever?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

latest version is 5.2.2, so unless it thinks a newer one is out yes, for now will ask developer to confirm if it's an error or not, thanks for the report and sorry for the issues
Spechtmeise
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Spechtmeise »

Verison number says 5.2.0. I don't want to break anything...
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

Spechtmeise wrote:Verison number says 5.2.0. I don't want to break anything...
5.2.2 works fine here and fixes some issues with earlier missions. I play on steam.
Spechtmeise
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Spechtmeise »

Okay, thanks. I updated OoB, and nothing broke. Excellent :)
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

glad your now sorted and can enjoy the new 64bit program

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”