Ship Collisions

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
ChevronOneEncoded
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Ship Collisions

Post by ChevronOneEncoded »

I know you're emphasizing realism in this game, just as the show tended to do, but please for the love God make ship collisions and ship collision indicators more prominent. With as much clutter and engagement there is on the screen, sometimes it is near impossible to see, let alone predict, possible collision risks (either friendly, enemy or environment). Ive lost a frustratingly numerous amount of ships to collisions. Another solution may be to reduce the amount if damage collisions cause since at the moment if a ship even so much as sneezes on another ship its RIP. (I understand that, for realism sake, collisions occur but I am the commander of the entire fleet...what happened to the ship's individual captain informing me of possible collisions?)

Also, a missile path line visible on the field would be a welcome addition...Im sure by the post you can gather why.

:)
blacklab
Black Lab Studios
Black Lab Studios

Re: Ship Collisions

Post by blacklab »

With respect to collisions, have you seen that the ship projections turn red when a collision is possible?
Paul Turbett - Game Director - Black Lab Games
twitter.com/blacklabgames
ChevronOneEncoded

Hello, thank you for the response. Yes I have seen some ships turn red and understood this as a collision alert, but for some reason this is not 100%. Also If i have ship that i am not watching and do not change its course and kinda "forget" it...ive had it crash into my Daidalos because it was not on my screen (i know my fault). An audio warninh or blinking indicator around ship name in list for collisions would be nice.
blacklab
Black Lab Studios
Black Lab Studios

Post by blacklab »

Understood. Thanks for your feedback, we'll look at what we can do to improve this part of the game.

Regards, Paul
Paul Turbett - Game Director - Black Lab Games
twitter.com/blacklabgames
ChevronOneEncoded

You're very welcome.

Thank you for creating such a genuine pleasure of a game to play.
Haveatya

Post by Haveatya »

I'd also like to echo this, I've logged about 20 hours this past week and have seen three collisions that weren't indicated in the strategy phase. The number of Cylon collisions I've seen is also notable enough to mention.
SiegeRollout
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by SiegeRollout »

Confirm that while *most* times, two ships on collision course will turn red, it's not 100% accurate and sometimes collisions happen even if they dont turn red.

Also, while I love (read: absolutely hate when in battle) the new Cerastes gunships, their anti-collision AI needs some tweeking. Before that update, when fighting a Cylon fleet collisions were rare in their fleet, except when I tried to force one by attacking engines from astern with Vipers and such. If there is more than one Cerastes in the opposing fleet, the likelihood they will either collide with each other or cut across the path of another Cylon ship and blow up is almost 50%. While I shed few tears especially when I'm overmatched, it seems they have a deathwish.

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”