Couple of Qs...

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Nak
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Couple of Qs...

Post by Nak »

Hi

Dug out OOB again recently and got back into the Editor ;)

Couple of questions I have.....

I have lots of random AI groups spawning onto the map in various places, using triggers, but no actual units added to the map. When I tickbox Deployment Phase in the Scenario Settings - so I can manually add my own units - all the AI groups do not spawn. Any idea why ?

I can bypass the problem by not ticking the tickbox ofc but it wastes a turn for me and the AI get a head start !

Second Q......

I think I understand that editing a Unit's values is done in the Units.csv - how hard is it too adjust a units max shooting distance from say one unit to two units ?

Thx for any info :)

Cheersnak
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Couple of Qs...

Post by Shards »

For the first one, are you using turn start or scenario start as the trigger trip? Scenario Start is turn 1 I believe, I.e. after deployment
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

For the second one, it could be as simple as changing the value in this column in units.csv. The hard part is finding a program to easily load and edit csv. I use LibreOffice Calc and I apply it to a copy of units.csv which can be saved over the original units.csv when finished with editing. (In Windows, apparently, you cannot directly edit Program Files.)
Capture371.jpg
Capture371.jpg (110.65 KiB) Viewed 1174 times
- Bru
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

If you're changing things like the units file, then you're better off making a mod. Download the Battle of Britain one to get a template of the folder structure
Nak

Post by Nak »

First up many thx for the replies chaps :)

1 - I will test both Scenario Start and Turn Start later and see if that helps with the spawn problem. I think all the AI spawns are on Scenario Start....

2 - Aha ! Libre, I shall defo give that a go vs Notepad hehe :D

3 - Am already using a Mod to do these things and have the dir structure all setup and ready to go.

Cheersnak

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”